NHL Center Ice

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

NHL Center Ice

Just received notification from Verizon that NHL Center Ice will be $179.99 this year.  Pretty decent value considering the amount of games, although not all in HD.  Also factor in the poor quality of most games streamed online and it makes the most sense for me to subscribe to Center Ice.  I'm going to call though to see if I can talk them down a bit...it can't hurt!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitch19. Show nitch19's posts

Re: NHL Center Ice

In response to hangnail's comment:

Just received notification from Verizon that NHL Center Ice will be $179.99 this year.  Pretty decent value considering the amount of games, although not all in HD.  Also factor in the poor quality of most games streamed online and it makes the most sense for me to subscribe to Center Ice.  I'm going to call though to see if I can talk them down a bit...it can't hurt!

Remember when DirecTV had it for $99 for the season???  Those were the days.  But, much like the Sunday Ticket, Center Ice has gone up every year.  Though last year DirecTV offered the Sunday Ticket at it's cheapest price in almost 10 years (for just the basic package).

I would recommend calling though.  I recently called and asked DirecTV as a long time subscriber if they'd reduce the cost of my Sunday Ticket and they knocked $40 bucks off.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Hang, not sure where you live but call Verizon and tell them your considering going to another provider, I bet they will help. It worked with me last year with Comcast.

Also, I know some people have to get Center Ice so they can watch the team they root for, but for me, it makes no sense anymore. Obviously have NESN for my Bruins and the rest of the nights theres always a game on wehter it's NBCSports or the NHL Network.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Even if you can't talk them down it's still a good deal. You figure if you get to see only 50 B's gm thru the sason that's like 3.50 a gm.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Hang, not sure where you live but call Verizon and tell them your considering going to another provider, I bet they will help. It worked with me last year with Comcast.

Also, I know some people have to get Center Ice so they can watch the team they root for, but for me, it makes no sense anymore. Obviously have NESN for my Bruins and the rest of the nights theres always a game on wehter it's NBCSports or the NHL Network.

Not too far from you kel so yeah, NESN is a must obviously.  But my current plan doesn't include the NHL Network.  Do you find you watch a lot of it?  My 17 year old has been hounding me for years to get it.  By the way, they wouldn't budge on the price of Center Ice so I dumped it on principal.  Maybe if they get all the channels in HD I'll reconsider someday.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Hang, I'm not buying it this year. The no HD on all games is a dealbreaker for me. Plus, with the Olympics this year the games will be so condensed there will literally be a game on every night with the B's playing sometimes 4 nights a week.  I did watch alot of it, I would flip back and forth but going from HD to non HD was tough. They get all HD, I might get it again.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Yeah, easy for you New England guys to pass on the package, but if I want to watch Bruin games, I've gotta have it.  The price could be $500 and it would be worth it for me.  Seems like the Bruins games are always in HD too.

I still think it's an amazing deal.  I can sit on my couch in Denver and watch every Bruin game in HD?  And with Tivo and I can watch it whenever I want, skipping the ads (and Bruins powerplays...?).  

That an even better deal than the Vegas massage parlor I heard about.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Yeah, easy for you New England guys to pass on the package, but if I want to watch Bruin games, I've gotta have it.  The price could be $500 and it would be worth it for me.  Seems like the Bruins games are always in HD too.

I still think it's an amazing deal.  I can sit on my couch in Denver and watch every Bruin game in HD?  And with Tivo and I can watch it whenever I want, skipping the ads (and Bruins powerplays...?).  

Im with you fletch.  Must have bruins and caps.  Watching ottawa all year isnt what i call exiting even though chris neil is a favorite of mine.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I'm with you Fletch, if I ever move I'll pay whatever they want to watch the B's.  And I'll let you know on the Vegas massage parlor, heading out for March Madness with my dad who is approaching 80, one more kick at the can for my old man - he loves that place.  Gonna treat him like a king and stay at the Venetian too.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

I'm with you Fletch, if I ever move I'll pay whatever they want to watch the B's.  And I'll let you know on the Vegas massage parlor, heading out for March Madness with my dad who is approaching 80, one more kick at the can for my old man - he loves that place.  Gonna treat him like a king and stay at the Venetian too.

Yup, a couple hundred is a steal when you don't get the Bs games otherwise. I remember when I was a kid and could only see them a few times per year so this price is a no brainer for me living in Canada as a Bs fan. I too would pay much more.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UtahBruin. Show UtahBruin's posts

Same for me. I have to pony up the money if I want to see more than just a handfull of B's games.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Im with you fletch.  Must have bruins and caps.  Watching ottawa all year isnt what i call exiting even though chris neil is a favorite of mine.  

Try having to watch the Canucks all year... I need the cable packages or else I'd go loopy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitch19. Show nitch19's posts

Nail+Head Fletch.  Though I sign up for DirecTV's $13 a month Sports Package, starting in October - then drop it in April.  The Sports Package includes, among others, all the Fox Sport Nets around the nation as well as NESN.  So I can Tivo every "Bruins In 2" game starting at 11pm here in Madison if the B's aren't on NBC, NBC Sports or the NHL Network. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Litterally laughed out loud at that one!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

I get the center ice package. I think on comcast it's 200.00 not sure but I get it anyway, it is well worth it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

In response to red75's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Try having to watch the Canucks all year... I need the cable packages or else I'd go loopy.

[/QUOTE]

Red, that would be tough. At least having to watch the Leafs is mildly amusing during the Burkie era. Now, not so much. But I couldn't handle too much 'Nucks.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I hate Center Ice because here in Montreal when the BRUINS play in Ottawa or Toronto they block my access..I cantwatch those games.....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

I hate Center Ice because here in Montreal when the BRUINS play in Ottawa or Toronto they block my access..I cantwatch those games.....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

Both feeds Stanley? Usually if thye block it, it's because the game is being shown local. I'd call and complain if I were you.

Sections
Shortcuts