NHL League Office

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

NHL League Office

No question!  The NHL league office should overturn this highly questionable "deal"...

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Re: NHL League Office

Move along. Nothing to see here.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Based on what, exactly? Calgary handled things like it was their first day on the job but they did nothing that violates NHL by-laws or anything illegal. Being an idiot doesn't negate a legal deal.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

First of all we won a cup without Iggy so its not the end of the world. I just don't like how this went down.  My question is this... If PC was given permission to talk to Iggy he might have been able to convince him to play for the B's because of an attractive contract offer but he couldn't.  So then why was the Pens organization allowed to contact Iggy without permission.  Thats right, Crosby text messaged Iggy and I am sure the topic wasn't about the weather in Calgary.  Crosby could have relayed information from their GM to Iggy. The league should inquire what was discussed via text.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

Would you really want a guy on your team who doesn't want to play here?

I do believe that Cindy texted or called Iginla and actively manipulated this thing. But the league will never go after their poster boy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

No I wouldn't... Iggy has dropped in my books of class as Thomas did and Sundin did a few years ago.  My point is no one asked the question I did above and I would like to hear a legal answer...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

I expect all parties' involved (Flames, Bruins, Pens & Iginla) would exercise whatever leverage was available to them to influence their desired outcome. 

Seems like that's what happened here.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

In response to mattbs' comment:

First of all we won a cup without Iggy so its not the end of the world. I just don't like how this went down.  My question is this... If PC was given permission to talk to Iggy he might have been able to convince him to play for the B's because of an attractive contract offer but he couldn't.  So then why was the Pens organization allowed to contact Iggy without permission.  Thats right, Crosby text messaged Iggy and I am sure the topic wasn't about the weather in Calgary.  Crosby could have relayed information from their GM to Iggy. The league should inquire what was discussed via text.

My money says "stuff" took place that obviously did not and will not be made public.  I cannot believe that the player wasn't apprised of the Bruins deal on the table.  This is "bad press" for the NHL and hopefully will not be shoved under the carpet...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

No I wouldn't... Iggy has dropped in my books of class as Thomas did and Sundin did a few years ago.  My point is no one asked the question I did above and I would like to hear a legal answer...

I have to quote something I read a couple of months ago:
    "I hate Cindy Crybaby with the intensity of a million supernovas", but the league will do anything to save Cindy's arsch, and if they started any kind of investigation, it might just expose their poster boy as the prime-time arschloch some people always suspected him to be. Therefore, there will be no investigation.
    (BTW: I love Deep Purple Mk II, but Ritchie's wigs are ridiculous...)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shortpops. Show shortpops's posts

The B's GM should have contacted Calgary at least within 2 1/2 hours to find out exactly what was going on and really put Calgary in a corner as to why he hadn't heard and  probably sweeten the pot with a 2014 5th round draft pick.  Then  make a call every 45 minutes to continue the pressure and work towards a successful conclusion. To wait  as long as the B's did was not a good way to negotiate.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

I never thought much of Sundin anyway, he of the racist remarks against NJ's Claude Vilgrain (while Sundin was still a Nordique. Joe Sakic publicly apologized for Sundin's  remark, while Sundin just kept his mouth shut - albeit a little too late...)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Why?  He wanted to play in Pittsburgh and was given the option.

Thomas just simply quit.

Sundin refused to be traded at all and walked.

None are similar beyond the fact that they're hockey players.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

The more I hear, the more I am convinced that Feaster stands alone as the idiot here.

The league has nothing to do with it, so no complaint there.  PC and Shero both submitted offers, as they should.  Iginla was (somehow) given the final choice so he took that opportunity.  Feaster's the goat.

Sections
Shortcuts