NHL Officiating

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

Re: NHL Officiating

In Response to Re: NHL Officiating:
    [QUOTE]I don't hate NHL officiating. A lot of times I go "what the heck was that??!" only to see the official was right. There are some terrible calls all the same (see last night). Of the Big 4 sports, I think NHL is #2 with baseball being the best officiated, followed by the NHL, then NFL (which seems to be getting worse by the week) and bringing up the rear is the joke that is NBA officiating...come to think of it, the entire NBA is a joke...I'm glad those clowns don't have a season. Poor Poor ESPN, now they are stuck with having to begrudgingly give the NHL more time.
    Posted by seobrien[/QUOTE]

I don't think baseball has the best. The strike zone changes nightly and sometimes even pitch by pitch. The umps are in horrible condition and often in terrible position to make a call. They are often arrogant and decide too many games. I agree entirely on basketball and I even suspect some corruption in their officiating.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Now if you were to watch some NBA games you would find that the NHL has much better officiating. Why watch the NBA when Hockey is better anyways and their were some terrible calls on Buffalo as well. There just are some NHL games because of a previous incident or a reputation of aq team (Boston!) the refs decide they are going to control the game, comes with every hockey season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

That was the one! I don't usually scream at officials, but that was ridiculous. He didn't have the puck and it's not like Lucic goes down like house of cards when you breath on him.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NHL Officiating : The cross check to the back that was also interference?  Might squeak in roughing as well.  That should have been 2 minutes for sure.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

The only penalty I saw in any of that junk was Marchand getting pulled down to the ice by someone who was already down (Gaustad?). Then the punches started and Quaider was not playing favorites. But the hits I thought were OK.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NHL Officiating : Actually, Marchand took a run at Gerbe as he was coming around the net in a vulnerable position. Gaustad seen this and checked Marchand into the boards. When the Bruins answered and gaustad went to the ice Marchand began throwing punches at the back of Gaustads head while he was at the bottom of the scrum. Not cool on Marchands part but he  is getting a reputation for this junk and he is to good of a player to be doing cheap things like that.
    Posted by Newfiebullet[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins4me. Show bruins4me's posts

They werent calling everything on Bufffalo.If they were Buffalo shouldve had AT LEAST 6 more penalties!!!! Oh what about the roughing call on Looch,clean hit.Looch was laughing!!! Same with CJ.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NHL Officiating : Actually, Marchand took a run at Gerbe as he was coming around the net in a vulnerable position. Gaustad seen this and checked Marchand into the boards. When the Bruins answered and gaustad went to the ice Marchand began throwing punches at the back of Gaustads head while he was at the bottom of the scrum. Not cool on Marchands part but he  is getting a reputation for this junk and he is to good of a player to be doing cheap things like that.
    Posted by Newfiebullet[/QUOTE]

I saw NOTHING wrong with what Marchand did on Gerbe. He lined him up and tried to put him through the boards. I don't consider his position vulnerable...

As for Gaustad coming in and running Marchand, I like that he tried to stand up for his team mate.