NHL Players should not participate in the olympics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

NHL Players should not participate in the olympics

And this is why.............http://nesn.com/2013/12/bruins-recent-injuries-involvement-in-olympics-could-hurt-chances-of-late-season-playoff-success/

The only reason hockey fans in Canada are all giddy is because their NHL teams cant win chit.

SCREW THE OLYMPICS, IT'S A JOKE

That's my opinion and am sticking to it

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Zinga_zinga. Show Zinga_zinga's posts

Re: NHL Players should not participate in the olympics

In response to riptide757's comment:

And this is why.............http://nesn.com/2013/12/bruins-recent-injuries-involvement-in-olympics-could-hurt-chances-of-late-season-playoff-success/

The only reason hockey fans in Canada are all giddy is because their NHL teams cant win chit.

You aren't a real fan of hockey if you do not want NHL players in the olympics. The last olympics were fantastic.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

In response to Zinga_zinga's comment:

You aren't a real fan of hockey if you do not want NHL players in the olympics. The last olympics were fantastic.

Stupid post: a real hockey fan? the majority of hockey fans agree with me.

The olympic tournament probably hurts the Bruins more than any other team. and nobody gives a chit what country wins. based on those facts i submit your not a real Bruins fan...........

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I don't think the majority of hockey fans agree with you, but I do see your point.  I disagree completely.  Olympic hockey with the country's best players is the best.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from surfingdjc. Show surfingdjc's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I don't think the majority of hockey fans agree with you, but I do see your point.  I disagree completely.  Olympic hockey with the country's best players is the best.

World Cup of Hockey. Vastly superior to the Olympics. I'd rather see College an junior players in the Olympics. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Yes that must be it.  And same with the Canadian NHL players who want to represent their country...because the poor Canadian NHL teams can't win chit. And most American players want to represent their countries, and Russians, and Slovaks, and Swedes,and [insert country name here], and hockey lovers of every nation who are all giddy to see the best hockey players in the world compete....because their NHL teams can't win chit.

Oh wait. That doesn't seem to make sense. Kind of sounds, you know, ignorant.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Hockey fan wants to see a best on best tournament.  NHL fan worries that it will be a problem for the pro league.

You hear the same conversation about junior hockey vs. NHL hockey, too.  Or AHL. "Oh, it's not the best league in the world, so it's not worth watching."  Yes it is.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Zinga this staement confuses me.

The only reason hockey fans in Canada are all giddy is because their NHL teams cant win chit

Im Canadian, Im a hockey Fan i have been a Bs fan for over 50 years and when the olympics role around I am all canadian fan, its part of our heritage. What makes us any different than you ? As far as Canadian teams cant win chit well why is it a large majority of us Bs fans cringe when they play MTL, Vancouver and so on ?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I'm not that interested in the Olympics since they are allowing professionals in.   Yah, I know it's really hard to police who's a professional and who's not, but I prefer it to be an achievement level for those who will go pro but haven't signed yet.  Especially for cycling and boxing, the last big thing they can win before going pro.  Yes, I'll tune into medal games, but reluctantly like casual sports fans do.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Suprised some of you don't like it. How could you not? The only bad thing about it for me is that the NHL shuts down for two weeks, but I think it's worth it. Think back to the last Olympics, that Canada vs U.S game, simply awesome.

For those who want to see the best of who hasnt gone pro yet, you have the World Juniors.

Just think this year we have the World Juniors, Olympics, Frozen Four then the NHL playoffs. What more could you ask for?

Oh, and the NHL players will be in the Olympics as long as NBC wants them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Suprised some of you don't like it. How could you not? The only bad thing about it for me is that the NHL shuts down for two weeks, but I think it's worth it. Think back to the last Olympics, that Canada vs U.S game, simply awesome.

For those who want to see the best of who hasnt gone pro yet, you have the World Juniors.

Just think this year we have the World Juniors, Olympics, Frozen Four then the NHL playoffs. What more could you ask for?

World jrs. doesn't get the coverage here in the US.

With pros in the Olympics the team isn't around long enough for me to identify with them.  In the olden days the teams would be together for a long time.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"World jrs. doesn't get the coverage here in the US."

The last 4 years NHL.com and the NHL Network has been hyping and covering the U20 world jrs. The ratings keep going up every year. I've watched the finals live since 2009.

The NHL has been threatening, hinting that they might stop allowing it's players to go play. If the ratings stay up, and they will, as Kelv mentioned the players are going to keep competing.

Oh and I hope there is follow through in continuing the pre-season World Cup. 96' was awesome and it needs to come back during none Olympic years.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I like to see the best players from each country fight for the gold... let them play!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

In America they do

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

In response to surfingdjc's comment:

World Cup of Hockey. Vastly superior to the Olympics. I'd rather see College an junior players in the Olympics. 

I don't see how you can disagree it hurts the Bruins this season..........

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In America they do

Well in general most Americans don't care about any hockey compared to Canadians.so in away your probably right,Canadians just live and die with hockey,personally I prefer the world Juniors.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

I wouldn't be too sure on that last statement. Bettman has already hinted this could be the final olympics that NHL players participate in. I don't think he really wanted to send them this year. I don't think he was too excited about shutting the league down for 2 plus weeks after a shortened 48 game lockout season last year. It took longer than usual to make the announcement that the players were indeed going to Sochi. I doubt we see NHLers in South Korea in 2018.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Yes that must be it.  And same with the Canadian NHL players who want to represent their country...because the poor Canadian NHL teams can't win chit. And most American players want to represent their countries, and Russians, and Slovaks, and Swedes,and [insert country name here], and hockey lovers of every nation who are all giddy to see the best hockey players in the world compete....because their NHL teams can't win chit.

No offense but your whole response to the thread is a giant ignorant...........I never said anything about or questioned the players desire to play in the olympics, so when you make the claim the thread makes no sense acutually makes no sense. and you can't deny the fact the Canada by nature is probably the most entusiastic about olympic hockey and understanbably so, but probably a little extra enthusiasm because of the fact it's been so long since a NHL team from Canada won a cup.

Bottom line is it could affect the Bruins in a not so good way. does that make any sense to ya?...............I pray I'm wrong 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:[/QUOTE] personally I prefer the world Juniors.[/QUOTE]

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=24174&navid=nhl:topheads

Can't wait!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

No offense but your whole response to the thread is a giant ignorant...........I never said anything about or questioned the players desire to play in the olympics, so when you make the claim the thread makes no sense acutually makes no sense. and you can't deny the fact the Canada by nature is probably the most entusiastic about olympic hockey and understanbably so, but probably a little extra enthusiasm because of the fact it's been so long since a NHL team from Canada won a cup.

Bottom line is it could effect the Bruins in a not so good way...............I pray I'm wrong 

The same could be said for most contenders.  Chicago, pitt, caps, st louis, la kings, etc etc.  all have numerous players going.  the last olympics were awesome.  And chicago played philly that year in the finals.  Go count the players that played in those olympics   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

Zinga this staement confuses me.

The only reason hockey fans in Canada are all giddy is because their NHL teams cant win chit

Im Canadian, Im a hockey Fan i have been a Bs fan for over 50 years and when the olympics role around I am all canadian fan, its part of our heritage. What makes us any different than you ? As far as Canadian teams cant win chit well why is it a large majority of us Bs fans cringe when they play MTL, Vancouver and so on ?

Understood. but America is probably the least enthusiastic about olympic hockey. and you cant deny the fact that Canada by nature is probably the most enthusiastic about olympic hockey compared to the other nations, with a little extra enthusiasm from it being so long since a NHL team from Canada won a cup.

Bottom line? very good possibility of a negative impact on Boston's cup run.........

LET THE YOUNGSTERS PLAY OLYMPIC HOCKEY.............Probably more competition that way anyway, and great opportuity for the youngsters to showcase their talent.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

This statement is the very definition of ignorance. I didn't type that you did.

ig·no·rance

noun \ˈig-n(ə-)rən(t)s\

: a lack of knowledge, understanding, or education : the state of being ignorant

A close second is this:

In America they do

You do realize both NAS and I are American, right? You are now telling us what us American hockey fans think now? I have had better world view reflections from my 9 year old.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

I'm not that interested in the Olympics since they are allowing professionals in.   Yah, I know it's really hard to police who's a professional and who's not, but I prefer it to be an achievement level for those who will go pro but haven't signed yet.  Especially for cycling and boxing, the last big thing they can win before going pro.  Yes, I'll tune into medal games, but reluctantly like casual sports fans do.

Agreed

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

I like to see the best players from each country fight for the gold... let them play!!!

Yea, the best young players

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

............ you can't deny the fact the Canada by nature is probably the most entusiastic about olympic hockey and understanbably so, but probably a little extra enthusiasm because of the fact it's been so long since a NHL team from Canada won a cup.

And you would be wrong on this presumption. 

Canadians love hockey. The Olympics have the best players in the world from countries participating. What hockey fan would not want to see that ?

P.S. Not all Canadians wave the Canadian flag and root for Canadian based teams ( unlike Americans ). And guess what ? We don't have antennas on our igloos either. Most igloos have cable or satellite.

Dumb chit !

Sections
Shortcuts