NHL realignment story

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: NHL realignment story

Fair enough, but I don't know what the NHL can do about mother nature.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

One of the things I've really enjoyed with this year's schedule is no west coast games so no 10pm starts.

The latest version will have each team playing in each building at least once, meaning lots of nights with coffee and lots of long mornings following.

It will be cool to know that we'll be able to get tickets (price notwithstanding) for any team in each year.  Who doesn't want to go boo the Canucks at least once a year?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

One of the things I've really enjoyed with this year's schedule is no west coast games so no 10pm starts.

The latest version will have each team playing in each building at least once, meaning lots of nights with coffee and lots of long mornings following.

It will be cool to know that we'll be able to get tickets (price notwithstanding) for any team in each year.  Who doesn't want to go boo the Canucks at least once a year?

Yeah NAS, it's great to know that I'll be able to see the Bruins live each year, even if it is in the lion's den.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I think they got this about as good as it can be. However, looking at this on a map reinforces how idiotic it is to have the 2 teams in Florida. Move them to almost any of the candidate cities (Quebec, Markham, Seattle, etc.) for relocation and then things make even more sense. It's really just plain old dumb having those franchises down there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to WalkTheLine's comment:

I think they got this about as good as it can be. However, looking at this on a map reinforces how idiotic it is to have the 2 teams in Florida. Move them to almost any of the candidate cities (Quebec, Markham, Seattle, etc.) for relocation and then things make even more sense. It's really just plain old dumb having those franchises down there.

Vancouver to SJ:  978 miles

Tampa to Charlotte:  578 miles

Vancouver, Calgary and Edmonton seem to be more out of the way than the two Florida teams.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Here's the latest from TSN. Besides the obvious that Boston is on the Atlantic, and Columbus is pretty much mid-west, I kind of like it. It would be better for Boston to be in the Atlantic so shorter travel, and close to NY, their natural rivals. No Montreal, Toronto, or Buffalo games, but you can't have it all.  Lots of Florida games must be good for the guys. 

PacificMid-WestCentralAtlantic Anaheim Chicago Boston Carolina Calgary Colorado Buffalo Columbus Edmonton Dallas Detroit New Jersey Los Angeles Minnesota Florida NY Islanders Phoenix Nashville Montreal NY Rangers San Jose St. Louis Ottawa Philadelphia Vancouver Winnipeg Tampa Bay Pittsburgh - - Toronto Washington

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

In response to perrysound's comment:

Here's the latest from TSN. Besides the obvious that Boston is on the Atlantic, and Columbus is pretty much mid-west, I kind of like it. It would be better for Boston to be in the Atlantic so shorter travel, and close to NY, their natural rivals. No Montreal, Toronto, or Buffalo games, but you can't have it all.  Lots of Florida games must be good for the guys. 

PacificMid-WestCentralAtlantic Anaheim Chicago Boston Carolina Calgary Colorado Buffalo Columbus Edmonton Dallas Detroit New Jersey Los Angeles Minnesota Florida NY Islanders Phoenix Nashville Montreal NY Rangers San Jose St. Louis Ottawa Philadelphia Vancouver Winnipeg Tampa Bay Pittsburgh - - Toronto Washington

Sorry the matrix pasted but didn't show up when I posted. 

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=416887

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

The Bruins don't play baseball.  They don't have a rivalry with the Yankees.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

perry, the NHL's not going to split up Boston and Montreal. An expansion team in Bulgaria is more likely than that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It would be better for Boston to be in the Atlantic so shorter travel, and close to NY, their natural rivals. No Montreal, Toronto, or Buffalo games, but you can't have it all.  Lots of Florida games must be good for the guys. 

No Montreal, Toronto or Buffalo!  What would we get pumped for?  Major clashes with the Islanders?

Honestly, we don't care about either of the NYC teams.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

You are right, but I just don't see how Boston is not considered an Atlantic Team. I mean they are ON the Atlantic, unlike Columbus. Geographically speaking it doesn't make sense, just like the Dallas Cowboys being in the East Conference. 

But not having the schabs to hate 6-7-8 times a year anymore would be criminal.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

You are right, but I just don't see how Boston is not considered an Atlantic Team. I mean they are ON the Atlantic, unlike Columbus. Geographically speaking it doesn't make sense, just like the Dallas Cowboys being in the East Conference. 

But not having the schabs to hate 6-7-8 times a year anymore would be criminal.

"Atlantic" is generally not a term associated with New England.  While yes, it's on the Atlantic, it's either the New England Area or The North East.

Places like DC, Maryland, Virigina, Delaware are commonly referred to as "mid-Atlantic".

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to WalkTheLine's comment:

Vancouver to SJ:  978 miles

Tampa to Charlotte:  578 miles

Vancouver, Calgary and Edmonton seem to be more out of the way than the two Florida teams.

The comment was not solely about the geography.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

The Central Division name has to go, I agree with the misnomer on the Atlantic Division without Boston.  Even I cannot come with better names like the Ocean Division, the Mississippi Division, Orginal Six minus two Division, or the Lakes Region.  Why not just go back to names like the Adams, Patrick et al?  

Sections
Shortcuts