NHL should take away the instigator penalty!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: NHL should take away the instigator penalty!

In Response to NHL should take away the instigator penalty!:
    [QUOTE]The reason why we don't see the players sticking up for one another is the instigating penalty. If we take away the penalty their will be less cheap shots because the goons or rats in the league will think twice about going for the stars. Players today only hesitate because of the stupid instigate penalty. Yes i will  admit some players are still cowards when defending for their linemates. When your players ie Crosby Iginla and as of late Krejci and Camalerri fighting it I wonder why should these type players drop the gloves. Sometimes they don't have a choice. If one of the four players above broke their hand that would be a big negative to the teams line up. I rather see an enforcer break a hand because they are easier to replace then an elite player. also players need to be aware who is on the ice and the coacheswill send out their enforcer to stir things up purposely. I am still waiting for the automatic icing to be a new rule in the league .
    Posted by boborielly224[/QUOTE]
    People act like it's only in Boston that players get hit with unavenged cheap-shots but Toews and Crosby were both taken out by questionable hits and nobody on their teams fought anyone over it.I'm not saying it's right,I'm just saying it's the new NHL(due mainly to the instigator penalty).I long for the days when the players policed themselves.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

pbergeron your respecting my opinioins. LOL

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Agreed with OP. Instead of the instigator give the ref discretion to slap on extra penalties, misconducts, etc, to any player that ref deems to have done anything egregious.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: NHL should take away the instigator penalty!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to NHL should take away the instigator penalty! : People act like it's only in Boston that players get hit with unavenged cheap-shots but Toews and Crosby were both taken out by questionable hits and nobody on their teams fought anyone over it.I'm not saying it's right,I'm just saying it's the new NHL(due mainly to the instigator penalty).I long for the days when the players policed themselves.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
    The hit on Crosby was very questionable....like you said Dez..nobody came to his rescue. I honestly believe his teammates on the ice were more concerned with his well being, than trying to exact revenge at that moment. The same could be said of the Savard hit. The problem with the Savard hit was, Cooke never received a penalty for the hit, and was allowed to finish the game unmolested , because it was a close game. In  my opinion, he still has not paid for that hit. Because of the instigator rule, guys like Cooke can do their thing, and not pay for their actions......Unless the next game between these 2  gets out of hand, Matt Cooke will be free to play his game, knowing the Bruins can ill afford to take an undisciplined penalty, that could cost them 2 points. Welcome to NHL Euro people.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from djbosox2004. Show djbosox2004's posts

In Response to NHL should take away the instigator penalty!:
    [QUOTE]The reason why we don't see the players sticking up for one another is the instigating penalty. If we take away the penalty their will be less cheap shots because the goons or rats in the league will think twice about going for the stars. Players today only hesitate because of the stupid instigate penalty. Yes i will  admit some players are still cowards when defending for their linemates. When your players ie Crosby Iginla and as of late Krejci and Camalerri fighting it I wonder why should these type players drop the gloves. Sometimes they don't have a choice. If one of the four players above broke their hand that would be a big negative to the teams line up. I rather see an enforcer break a hand because they are easier to replace then an elite player. also players need to be aware who is on the ice and the coacheswill send out their enforcer to stir things up purposely. I am still waiting for the automatic icing to be a new rule in the league .
    Posted by boborielly224[/QUOTE]
    ======================================
      Excellent point.I`ve been accusing the Bruins lately for being soft. I mean that  not by fighting but more of punishing hits.I know that you can take yourself out of position by going for the crusher,but it seems like everytime a guy on another team goes in the corners,they don`t have no fear of getting hit.
     Am I wrong? Most of you guys know alot more about the game than I do so any rebuttle is welcome.Thanks. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to NHL should take away the instigator penalty! : ======================================   Excellent point.I`ve been accusing the Bruins lately for being soft. I mean that  not by fighting but more of punishing hits.I know that you can take yourself out of position by going for the crusher,but it seems like everytime a guy on another team goes in the corners,they don`t have no fear of getting hit.  Am I wrong? Most of you guys know alot more about the game than I do so any rebuttle is welcome.Thanks. 
    Posted by djbosox2004[/QUOTE]

It's a combination of factors.
    - The system in which the Bruins forecheck. Most of the times there's only a one man forecheck while the 2 others place themselves strategically on the ice to close passing lanes inside the blue line and the neutral zone.  When they do forecheck in 2s and the D dishes away the puck rapidly the 2 forecheckers just turn away instead of hitting the opposing D to get back in position. 
    - The Bruins are not a very fast team either and so the quicker teams get away  from being hit (this tends to change as the games wears down) . The quicker Bruin players are not big hitters either. 
    - I also feel the new rule on hitting has hindered some of the natural hitters. Some seem to choose now when they make a hit instead of hitting everything in site. If they're not square with the opposing player they don't hit him.  Just scared of getting a penalty for boarding, blindside hit or even interference .

On the subject I do agree that the instigator rule must be changed. Changed in a way that it doesn't become the free for all of the 70's.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I am not for the instigator penalty at all.  Throw out the third man in too as it is never called with constant violations each game.  The reason for the lack of retaliation though may be beyond those rules.  The New NHL has points at a premium, no team can afford to lose players or opposition power plays for retaliation of any type.  The style of play too affects aggressive hitting, the neutral zone trap and the 1-2-2 trap deployed by CJ simply keep the play away from the boards where the hitting takes place and consequently fighting. The point system and the trap have made fighting and retaliation less of a tactic. So if one views stage fighting then it is a simple matter of trying to inspire team play. To me what I observe is not exciting nor is it selling the game of hockey.  The New NHL has neutered regular season play (three point games in particular).  It would be prudent to offer improvements, but the NHL is not in the reform stage as it was in the 1920s.  Sad commentary as the game needs to evolve. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from djbosox2004. Show djbosox2004's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NHL should take away the instigator penalty! : It's a combination of factors. - The system in which the Bruins forecheck. Most of the times there's only a one man forecheck while the 2 others place themselves strategically on the ice to close passing lanes inside the blue line and the neutral zone.  When they do forecheck in 2s and the D dishes away the puck rapidly the 2 forecheckers just turn away instead of hitting the opposing D to get back in position.  - The Bruins are not a very fast team either and so the quicker teams get away  from being hit (this tends to change as the games wears down) . The quicker Bruin players are not big hitters either.  - I also feel the new rule on hitting has hindered some of the natural hitters. Some seem to choose now when they make a hit instead of hitting everything in site. If they're not square with the opposing player they don't hit him.  Just scared of getting a penalty for boarding, blindside hit or even interference . On the subject I do agree that the instigator rule must be changed. Changed in a way that it doesn't become the free for all of the 70's.  
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    ==============================
      Ok I understand it more now.It`ll give me something more to look for during the games.
      Thank you for your input.