nhl tables new offer

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from no1bruinsfan. Show no1bruinsfan's posts

nhl tables new offer

could be the start of something good. New offer on the table, Union having a conference call at 5 to discuss.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=407490

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Re: nhl tables new offer

50/50 split and no salary roll backs.... looks extremely positive. Looks like the NHL could be back soon.

Then again that is still a decrease in revenue percentage for the NHLPA, hopefully they take it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Nice to see Donald's Fehr's " exellent start " comment. 

Let there be NHL hockey so the topics become better on this forum.

How many bruins8 junior hockey posts can a person read before they lose it ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Wow.  I'd say they've gotta take it.  How dumb am I for getting optimistic...yet...here we are...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Based on recent observations, the answer for you is "two".

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

And an 82 game schedule, to boot.

let's hope it's not just smoke.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Wrong ! I lost it after his first post . 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Curious.  I'm guessing they don't accept.  This is the deal that I think everyone has said is a fair resolution, but for the PA, it's still giving up $231M dollars annually based on $3.3B in HRR.  The PA hasn't proposed anything to date that suggests any willingness to see the total dollars they receive go down.  They've proposed a slow growth flat increase that would mean giving back money if growth continues at the rate it's been going, but never a sign that they will accept an actual decrease in real dollars.

Sorry, Fletch.  I'm not optimistic yet.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Wrong ! I lost it after his first post . 

You restrained yourself, though.  It wasn't observable data.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

I hope I'm wrong, but that almost makes me feel like he won't take this offer, and instead try to cut it in the NHLPA's favor even more. I honestly can't see the NHL willing to go any lower than they are with this offer. Almost seems like the decision today could determine whether or not there is a season. If the NHLPA tries to cut it even more, I don't see hockey any time soon.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

[/QUOTE]

I hope I'm wrong, but that almost makes me feel like he won't take this offer, and instead try to cut it in the NHLPA's favor even more. I honestly can't see the NHL willing to go any lower than they are with this offer. Almost seems like the decision today could determine whether or not there is a season. If the NHLPA tries to cut it even more, I don't see hockey any time soon.

[/QUOTE]

You hit it right on the head. Unfortunately I have to agree that I don't think the PA will go for it and that the owners will say that their offer is fair and tell the players can go pound sand if they don't like it. I'm hoping that we are wrong but I too don't see this getting resolved any time soon.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Oh please let there be a deal. I'm excited and i hope it comes to fruition.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I don't know if the players take it, or not. I hope they do, but if they don't; you're going to see a huge swing for the blame of a lost season to the players. This will stem from those of us who don't understand the deep fundamentals & the in's & out of the business side of things. 

I also need to add that I believe this was the NHL's plan all along. Give the players this outrageous proposal, they won't take it. Then at the last minute we'll throw in this 50/50 thing  which is really close to what we really wanted all along after a month of no hockey. Then it'll be all on the players for not being willing to move from their stance. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Curious.  I'm guessing they don't accept.  This is the deal that I think everyone has said is a fair resolution, but for the PA, it's still giving up $231M dollars annually based on $3.3B in HRR.  The PA hasn't proposed anything to date that suggests any willingness to see the total dollars they receive go down.  They've proposed a slow growth flat increase that would mean giving back money if growth continues at the rate it's been going, but never a sign that they will accept an actual decrease in real dollars.

Sorry, Fletch.  I'm not optimistic yet.

I don't understand the 231 mil, where does that come from?

Even so, 231 mil isn't that much in the scheme of things, that's only 42 Mike Komiseraks or 462 Leafs season ticket holders.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The $231M is the difference between 50% and 57% based on $3.3B in HRR.

I am now wondering how bad a team of 42 Komisareks would be.  And more importantly, could they take Lucic?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

I don't know if the players take it, or not. I hope they do, but if they don't; you're going to see a huge swing for the blame of a lost season to the players. This will stem from those of us who don't understand the deep fundamentals & the in's & out of the business side of things. 

I was thinking the same thing - everywhere you look, people are coming up with some form of "50/50 is fair" argument.  The expectation is out there that this is resolved once they get to 50/50.  Sign the doc, drop the puck.  If the players say no, then the focus shifts to Fehr and whether or not he's going to hold the line on giving back anything.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

The $231M is the difference between 50% and 57% based on $3.3B in HRR.

I am now wondering how bad a team of 42 Komisareks would be.  And more importantly, could they take Lucic?

OK, got it now.  In that case the 7% is potentially much worse than the $231m - however - if they make tons and tons of money it would mean less.

Thinking about it, the PA will come back with a shortened season, I was thinking 82 games is going to be tough to fit in at this point.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I'm hopful that although the players have never offered or entertained the notion of giving back money, they see the writing on the wall and are prepared to do so when a more reasonable offer from the owners lands on the table.  I highly doubt there will be a straight up acceptance, but I am hoping that a very modest counter-offer proposes some very modest gains for the players and everyone can live with it.  We'll see.  I completely agree that a rejection from the players swings the public's 'blame' onto that side, and negates all of the talk about the owners being totally unwilling to present something realistic.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:

Over the last month they haven't been talking how to split the revenue. It has finally started with this proposal. Will it end overnight ? No . But at least now there's discussion .

We've been hearing after a meeting "no new talks have been scheduled".

An "excellent start" is a lot more encouraging then the above. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

A Wade Redden clause ?

John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet

Another interesting tidbit from NHL offer... Players' Salaries for those NHLers playing in the AHL would be part of the cap.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

A Wade Redden clause ?

Ouch.  If you're a team with a high-salaried AHLer or two, that is.  I wonder how many loopholes they plan to close?

Cap impacts are going to be interesting, for sure.  50% of $3.3B works out to a $55M cap, but they are somehow going to honour existing deals?  All but 8-9 teams are over that mark already.  Sounded  like they expect to claw back with escrow, but that would be a roll-back by another name.  I have to think there's going to be some kind of shelter or that there will be a "cushion" like the bonus cushion where teams will be able to assign 7% of all deals signed under the previous CBA to the cushion rather than the cap.  Something.

The Bruins could be taking a hit on this otherwise - though not of the magnitude that Minnesota will.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

I too believe the 50-50 thing is a powerful PR tool for the owners.  Public sentiment will soon change direction if the players appear disinterested.  I'd be shocked if they accepted though.  My opinion is they'll be negotiated down to that, but only on a sliding scale over 3 or 4 years.  Whatever, and whenever this gets finalized it'll be interesting to see how the accounting for this year is devised.  Without extending the season at least 2 weeks,(and maybe scrapping the All-Star break) it'd be hard to fit 82 games in, without starting the playoffs late.  I'm a big fan of playoffs starting early in April.

Someone had to blink to get this thing to the next level.  Interesting to me, as I just read the article about Bettman that was suggested by Bookboy on another thread.  That article painted a different picture than the one I(and many here)envisioned.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Earthquake in NE, me thinks the NHL owners have opened the door.  I hope so.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

A contract is a contract imo.  If there is a roll back then the league will have to work on a rolling Cap.  Oh please make it happen, I cannot watch the Celtics, yawn. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

The owners made their last offer, the 50/50 split they wanted .

There's just one part of Fehr statement I did not like .

'I'd like to believe, after we are done [reviewing] this [offer], that it's an excellent starting point and there's a deal to be made,''

To me it sounds like a counter offer will follow.  I hope I'm wrong.

Sections
Shortcuts