NHL to table new offer.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: NHL to table new offer.

http://www.capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=5

Difficult but not unmanageable. Savard on LTIR, Thomas would only be off the books if they trade him or buy him out and that gives them just under $60M. This only works if Horton, Rask, Khudobin and Ference are re-signed at the same money this summer.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Difficult but not unmanageable. Savard on LTIR, Thomas would only be off the books if they trade him or buy him out and that gives them just under $60M. This only works if Horton, Rask, Khudobin and Ference are re-signed at the same money this summer.

And that is if the NHLPA agrees to $ 60 mil, could end up being $ 65 mil or some other number. I don't think we're at the final CBA yet.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

If this season is canceled Thomas's last year will have been burned - he's never been suspended by the team yet. If it goes through, PC has the option at the end of the year of waiving his last contract year if Thomas doesn't play this season. He doesn't have to be traded or bought out to be off the books next year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

shoot me in the head.

take the _____ing offer

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Difficult yes, very.  Also, Tuukka is RFA again.  They have no goalies signed for 13-14.

The new proposal contains a buy-out option.  If it was needed, who are the candidates?  Looking at Kelly's 3.0 cap hit.  That contract may be hard to move in a 60 mil cap world.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I wish they would just hurry up and reject it already.  

I hate waiting around having hopes lifted for nothing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

No kidding, as if there is any doubt. You just have to listen to Toews and Bieksa's comments to see Fehr has the membership right where he wants them.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

They could save a $500,000 if they cut the Skating Clown and bring in a league minimum player.  Chris Bourque is at $525,000 for next season.  He can help the team win by getting a few goals and keeping a few out while the REST OF THE TEAM fights when needed and ignores opposing Skating Clowns.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

No kidding, as if there is any doubt. You just have to listen to Toews and Bieksa's comments to see Fehr has the membership right where he wants them.

Exactly , I heard a comment from another player that wants to remain anonymous , he said; Told yea if we wait deal will get better and I think if we make em wait a little more it can only get better .

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

They could save a $500,000 if they cut the Skating Clown and bring in a league minimum player.  Chris Bourque is at $525,000 for next season.  He can help the team win by getting a few goals and keeping a few out while the REST OF THE TEAM fights when needed and ignores opposing Skating Clowns.

Ding ding ding.   correct

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Latest from NHLPA,  they're working on a counter offer.  I just hope they're not trying to re-wrte the whole thing again . 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Latest from NHLPA,  they're working on a counter offer.  I just hope they're not trying to re-wrte the whole thing again . 

You can count on the NHLPA asking for more years on contract length and a higher cap than $60 mil for starters. This thing will go to the wire. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

You can count on the NHLPA asking for more years on contract length and a higher cap than $60 mil for starters. This thing will go to the wire.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/hockey/nhl/wires/12/30/2040.ap.hkn.nhl.labor.2nd.ld.writethru.0772/index.html

If the owners leave a VM again, then we can go ahead and end that last glimmer of hope.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Players "counter offer" coming up this afternoon.   Do we see a super upset, shaking Bettman ?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brawny27. Show Brawny27's posts

Time to play hockey yet?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Players "counter offer" coming up this afternoon.   Do we see a super upset, shaking Bettman ?

Today should be the announcemant that the owners rejected the players offer with "we are not even close" once again. Hope I am wrong though...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The owners are killing themselves here.  If they want their deal, they need to stop changing it in favor of the players.  I don't think the players have made an offer since the summer.  They are just sitting back and countering.  The owners might as well just give in on the rest of the problems and get to work.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

The owners are killing themselves here.  If they want their deal, they need to stop changing it in favor of the players.  I don't think the players have made an offer since the summer.  They are just sitting back and countering.  The owners might as well just give in on the rest of the problems and get to work.

What has been killing the process is the owners insistence on negotiating off whole proposals.  Who cares who puts it on the table?  As soon as they start negotiating in earnest, the owners don't like something, and like little children, take their marbles off the table and run home. 

Collective agreements are never a whole proposal.  They start as two polar opposite proposals and then the give and take begins.  The owners position is take it all or we're not playing.  The players are saying we'll give you this and we want that.  The second is more like negotiating.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

exactly !  When Bettman said the make whole thing was off the table that's when I knew if we were to have a hockey season they had to put it back on the table.  Weak .

Naturally Fehr tell the players to hold off because they will get more.  These are type of comments that are coming from players

Told yea if we wait deal will get better and I think if we make em wait a little more it can only get better .

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

exactly !  When Bettman said the make whole thing was off the table that's when I knew if we were to have a hockey season they had to put it back on the table.  Weak .

Naturally Fehr tell the players to hold off because they will get more.  These are type of comments that are coming from players

Told yea if we wait deal will get better and I think if we make em wait a little more it can only get better .

So, the solution to solving this dispute is to not negotiate? 

Of course it will get better, it started off ridiculously bad.  It only had one way to go. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to scooter244's comment:

Of course it will get better, it started off ridiculously bad.  It only had one way to go. 

Not sure if you have children but if they ask for ice cream , you say no , after asking and asking ,  give them 1 scoop ,   you know they next time they won't ask for icecream,  they'll start asking for 2 scoops. 

The owners started with their first proposal to be where they are today ?  Is this the script they followed ?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Not sure if you have children but if they ask for ice cream , you say no , after asking and asking ,  give them 1 scoop ,   you know they next time they won't ask for icecream,  they'll start asking for 2 scoops. 

The owners started with their first proposal to be where they are today ?  Is this the script they followed ?

Raising children has nothing to do with negotiating a collective agreement.  Behavior modification techniques are not what's required here. 

The players also started from their first proposal in August.  Should they have also not moved from that initial point for fear of the owners wanting two scoops of ice cream later?  This is exactly how nothing happens. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The players wanted a tough negotiator they got one, Fehr is winning.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

The players wanted a tough negotiator they got one, Fehr is winning.

I don't know about winning, holding his own for sure.  No way the players "win" in this.  They just don't loose as badly.  Still, they felt it was a battle that needed to be fought, and they did pick the right guy to lead them into battle. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Raising children has nothing to do with negotiating a collective agreement.  Behavior modification techniques are not what's required here. 

The players also started from their first proposal in August.  Should they have also not moved from that initial point for fear of the owners wanting two scoops of ice cream later?  This is exactly how nothing happens. 

Of course it doesn't .  You're not undesrtanding my point.

All this posturing on both sides is nonsense.  If the owners really wanted to stand firm they should have put their foot down and gave the players a deadline to accept a deal or not. All they did was show the PA is to wait and they will give us more if we keep asking .  Owners keep giving, players keep taking  , will this process ever end ?

Sections
Shortcuts