NHL to table new offer.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: NHL to table new offer.

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

The players wanted a tough negotiator they got one, Fehr is winning.

I don't know about winning, holding his own for sure.  No way the players "win" in this.  They just don't loose as badly.  Still, they felt it was a battle that needed to be fought, and they did pick the right guy to lead them into battle. [/QUOTE]

A total of $300 million in "make whole" money, no contract rollbacks and a year to get in compliance with a $60 million salary cap were all supposedly non-starters. The NHL wanted its 50-50 split and it wanted it immediately. It talked tough for a couple of months and it caved…again. And just for good measure,  it gave itself a 10-year deal (with an option for either side to opt out after eight), so it could have a really long period of time where the players once again are coming out on top.

The NHL was negotiating against itself and it still managed to lose. So we can probably look forward to at least eight more uninterrupted years of hockey and of the players laying a beating on their employers.

If the NHL wants a deal done today they have to at least comeback to $65M to start the cap for the 2013-14 season or the owners will have to start negotiating against itself again.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Anyway guys Happy New Year no matter if there's a seaon or not or who's winning and who's losing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]

I don't know about winning, holding his own for sure.  No way the players "win" in this.  They just don't loose as badly.  Still, they felt it was a battle that needed to be fought, and they did pick the right guy to lead them into battle. [/QUOTE]

A total of $300 million in "make whole" money, no contract rollbacks and a year to get in compliance with a $60 million salary cap were all supposedly non-starters. The NHL wanted its 50-50 split and it wanted it immediately. It talked tough for a couple of months and it caved…again. And just for good measure,  it gave itself a 10-year deal (with an option for either side to opt out after eight), so it could have a really long period of time where the players once again are coming out on top.

The NHL was negotiating against itself and it still managed to lose. So we can probably look forward to at least eight more uninterrupted years of hockey and of the players laying a beating on their employers.

If the NHL wants a deal done today they have to at least comeback to $65M to start the cap for the 2013-14 season or the owners will have to start negotiating against itself again.

[/QUOTE]

The cap is being reduced to 60 mil, the share of HRR is going down to 50%, there are now limits on contract length and variance, and the players have lost a half year of wages.  If that's victory I'd hate to know what loosing feels like! Ouch!! 

Anyway, agreed BSL have a fantastic New Year everybody. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't know about that Sandog, the revenue sharing is immediately at 50/50 instead of 57 to 43 in favor of the players, no more 15 to 20 year guaranteed albatross contracts that players could loaf around on, no more heavily front loaded contracts so the players could get all their money right away, the cap will go down, and close to a billion dollars lost collectively in player salaries. If thats a win by Fehr and the NHLPA then i hope they're happy. Like i've always said billionaires will always outlast millionaires.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Anyway guys Happy New Year no matter if there's a seaon or not or who's winning and who's losing.

[/QUOTE]

And gals, yeah who cares who wins, in the end all we really want to see is some hockey and if not, life goes on.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Considering that the owners said they weren't going to budge off 47% of HRR and wouldn't offer "no rollback" nor "making whole" what the players are going to lose over the next few years of HRR. I still think Fehr has gotten allot for the players and still negotiating.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Renaud Lavoie @RenLavoieRDS

"The NHL put a counter-offer on the table. 2 possibilities tonight. NHLPA meet internally after to revise it. Or they negotiate for few hours"

This better be it, sick of this caa...rap!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

"The NHL put a counter-offer on the table. 2 possibilities tonight. NHLPA meet internally after to revise it. Or they negotiate for few hours"

[/QUOTE]

Yup. Me too.  Both sides stink.  I'm hoping they throw the NHL centre ice pkg in for the rest of the year.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yup. Me too.  Both sides stink.  I'm hoping they throw the NHL centre ice pkg in for the rest of the year.  

[/QUOTE]

it's actually going around they will if there's a season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

it's actually going around they will if there's a season.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe this is the stumbling block the nhlpa is holding out for.  Happy new year.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

What I really want to see if this is resolved is some 50/50 funded pool of money, at least equal to the make whole amount, given to anybody who lost work, or had reduced hours, as a direct result of this stupidity.  It would mean so little financially to these two greedy entities and so much to those who would receive it.  Make them whole NHL.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to scooter244's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What I really want to see if this is resolved is some 50/50 funded pool of money, at least equal to the make whole amount, given to anybody who lost work, or had reduced hours, as a direct result of this stupidity.  It would mean so little financially to these two greedy entities and so much to those who would receive it.  Make them whole NHL.

[/QUOTE]

Anyone who worked relying on hockey had to plan for this or they were blind/dumb. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How about paying back the fans by lowering ticket prices for a while?  That would bring more business to those hurt in the lockout in area where they don't sell out.  Ad a gesture toward the people who put food on their table wouldn't be such a bad idea.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How about paying back the fans by lowering ticket prices for a while?  That would bring more business to those hurt in the lockout in area where they don't sell out.  Ad a gesture toward the people who put food on their table wouldn't be such a bad idea.

[/QUOTE]

Shupe mentioned one of the gestures that could happen , free Centre Ince package for this season. I thought of you as soon as I heard it. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:[/QUOTE]

Yup. Me too.  Both sides stink.  I'm hoping they throw the NHL centre ice pkg in for the rest of the year.  [/QUOTE]

it's actually going around they will if there's a season. [/QUOTE]

Jacobs + FREE = Ahhh No!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BsLegion's comment:[/QUOTE]

Yup. Me too.  Both sides stink.  I'm hoping they throw the NHL centre ice pkg in for the rest of the year.  [/QUOTE]

it's actually going around they will if there's a season. [/QUOTE]

Jacobs + FREE = Ahhh No!

[/QUOTE]

LOL

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Anyone else hear that they are considering swapping the Jackets and Jets just for this shortened season, if there is one? The travel for those two teams (Plus the Wings) is going to be pretty brutal due to just in conference play and zero games in their own time zone (except for Jackets vs. Wings games). Are they considering this or is it just another rumour?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Anyone else hear that they are considering swapping the Jackets and Jets just for this shortened season, if there is one? The travel for those two teams (Plus the Wings) is going to be pretty brutal due to just in conference play and zero games in their own time zone (except for Jackets vs. Wings games). Are they considering this or is it just another rumour?

[/QUOTE]

I read about this as well somewhere but have not been able to find anything else about it. I'm just guessing but i think they will likely leave things the way they are if they get a deal done. Revisit it in the off  season, not fair to the Jets, but they don't have a chance to win the Cup anyway.;p Its been  already predetermined for the Leafs to win the Cup over the Canucks with Leaky Lou outdueling Schneider . 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

COLUMBUS DISPATCH’s Aaron Portzline reports via Twitter he spoke with NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly regarding a rumor of the Blue Jackets and Winnipeg Jets swapping conferences for this season. “”Not being considered. Has never been considered”, replied Daly.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Ok kiddos - NHLPA has from 8pm-midnight to determine if they'll deal. Call me crazy, but we should know the outcome in the morning, fingers crossed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

BINGO^^^^^  I hope the amnesty buyout program is in existence....TT would the Bs candidate! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:
    [QUOTE]

BINGO^^^^^  I hope the amnesty buyout program is in existence....TT would the Bs candidate! 

[/QUOTE]

huh?  why is that?  They could trade TT for a 3rd or 4th round pick.  At least it's something.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

Ok kiddos - NHLPA has from 8pm-midnight to determine if they'll deal. Call me crazy, but we should know the outcome in the morning, fingers crossed.

Fingers crossed as well! Hoping they don't finally file the disclaimer and deal instead.

@Isla/Badhab as Red pointed out, Chiarelli did not put Thomas on the inactive list so the last year of TTs contract is done after this season. The cap stays at $70M the rest of this season no need to trade him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

If he won't guarantee a certain team to be traded to, yup you are right BadHab.  Me thinks he will look for trade and sign deal rather than a completion of the 12-13 season.  Look for TT to make demands on his destination.  With the Cap going down next year, I am not sure too many teams would sign a 38 year old who refused to play up to the lockout.  The Cap floor teams will be near the Cap floor this season, I really don't see them as trading partners. So, I am inclined to say incorrect Badhab, PC will buy him out if he can.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to asmaha's comment:

Fingers crossed as well! Hoping they don't finally file the disclaimer and deal instead.

@Isla/Badhab as Red pointed out, Chiarelli did not put Thomas on the inactive list so the last year of TTs contract is done after this season. The cap stays at $70M the rest of this season no need to trade him.

[/QUOTE]

Actually if the NHL does not have a 20 team playoff the TT money could be used to secure another player for the playoff run.  Of course I don't have any details on the proposed buyout to be sure that can be done.