NHL to table new offer.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: NHL to table new offer.

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

huh?  why is that?  They could trade TT for a 3rd or 4th round pick.  At least it's something.

[/QUOTE]

Chiarelli can't pick out of the first round, so why would it matter?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

HOLD THE PRESSES!!!

I hear tell that a pension issue is going to derail this attempt to salvage the season. ????

What!!!!!

After all this, and the way they (the players) screwed up the oldtimers for their pension benefits - it has come to this!

A curse on all their houses. They really don't want my business!

That's fine...I'm having a wonderful winter following the EPL and Serie A - who needs hockey.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

From the Globe and Mail:

"The smaller committees for both sides that handled various issues were talking most of the day on Wednesday. The busiest group was the one handling pensions, as it turned out the sides were not as close on the NHL’s plan to start a defined-benefit pension plan for the players as was previously thought.

A couple of days ago, the league went back to the union and said the owners were not interested in assuming full liability for a defined-benefit pension. This caused much unhappiness with the players and the matter is now back under discussion. The players are not interested in yielding on the issue as they feel they have already made many concessions in other areas."

Ahhh, it's such a pity boys- Daddy ain't going to foot the whole bill. Don't know workplace in the working world where Daddy foots the whole pension bill beside Government.

Well, then start looking for other work boys. You'll never get a better pension plan anywhere else.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

At least they NHLPA didn't file the disclaimer...doesn't mean the door is open to a deal, but at least it means it's not closed. If that makes any sense at all.