NHL Transactions: Teams starting to move trades, signings and assignments

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: NHL Transactions: Teams starting to move trades, signings and assignments

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=539260  

Sheldon Souray is now on waivers.  Plus Brian Burke's big FA aquisition from last year Tim Connelly was also placed on waivers.  I listen to Buffalo's WGR 55 sports station sometimes and many of the callers at that time said his signing of $9 million over 3 years indicated the depth of desperation for the Leafs.  They were right.

Poor Sheldon. Will he ever get a break?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Anyone else catch this:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=651259&navid=nhl:topheads

Edler 6 years/30 million. $5 million a year is not to bad for him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Sheldon Souray is now on waivers. Poor Sheldon. Will he ever get a break?

His next fight in Hershey lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Sheldon Souray is now on waivers

Shup?!

Interesting.  Lots of teams in need of defence.  I can see Montreal maybe jumping in.  Possibly the NYI.  I wouldn't mind seeing him in boston.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Shup?!

Interesting.  Lots of teams in need of defence.  I can see Montreal maybe jumping in.  Possibly the NYI.  I wouldn't mind seeing him in boston.  

Of that list, I would say the Islanders as most likely. I get the feeling Vishnovsky is going to sit out the year (or, whats left of it).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Oh yeah, there's nothing like some thinly vieled racism to spruce up a post. Nobody said you had to feel the same way. Most of us are smart enough to decide for ourselves what we like. You're just as welcome to like his stuff as I am to call him a knob. What a novel concept eh?

He had Wensink at 'black'...idiots like idiots

Yeah, you two keep beating up on poor defenseless Stanley, who's crime is to make outlandish statements and to be an overzealous Bruins fan. How dare he offend you! My guess is that you could never act that way in your sad real world, cause you'd get slapped in the mouth, so you get off on ripping into some harmless guy on a hockey forum where you are nice and safe. I already know what to expect when I read stanley's name on a post, and take them as such.

Back to the racist garbage again Fletch ?  What a great guy you are, verbally abuse someone who is weaker than you, and then accuse someone else of racism, and insult them also at the same time. We get it you insecure piece if s11it. You are superior...the funny thing is that every time you open your punk mouth, you confirm the opposite and expose just how weak you truly are.   

You and Dez are without question the two biggest punks on this board, and I have no doubt what so ever that niether one of you could punch your way out of a wet paper bag. You are the worst kind, weak with a mouth. You should be proud of your display of strength - you really showed Stan, and it makes you strong confident men.   

Speaking of simpletons here comes Wendy. Man, you're the worst kind of stupid because you don't even realize it. Right from the internet tough guy routine to your referring to Stanley like he's metally handicapped, everything in your post is hilarious. I'm sure Stanley really appreciates you coming to his rescue while calling him "defenseless and weak". You're probably the sort of guy that goes around punching walls eh? Oh yeah, did you and your calculator ever come out looking stupid as the lockout played itself out but then, I suppose you must be used to losing every argument you get in.

Good old JWens-strong like bull-smart like tractor.

DO YOU NOT GET WHAT THE DEAL IS WITH STAN? ARE YOU REALLY THAT F---ING STUPID

[/QUOTE]

Are you referring to the Stanley that has often provided info on himself along with pictures,etc.? Yeah, I'm aware that he's a middle aged, rascist, frenchman from Montreal. None of those things are considered a handicap here in Canada but keep treating him like he's simple. I'm sure he really appreciates the "help". Man, are you ever stupid (and still tucking tail and avoiding the lockout conversation I see).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Named Lashawda Mohammed Jackson.  

Watch it.  That's my cousin - and you forgot her middle name: Minoxidil.  A little respect, okay?  :^)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[/QUOTE]

Are you referring to the Stanley that has often provided info on himself along with pictures,etc.? Yeah, I'm aware that he's a middle aged, rascist, frenchman from Montreal. None of those things are considered a handicap here in Canada but keep treating him like he's simple. I'm sure he really appreciates the "help". Man, are you ever stupid (and still tucking tail and avoiding the lockout conversation I see).

[/QUOTE]

^This is exactly the issue with Wensink, and why I don't even read his responses anymore.  I'm not even particularly sensitive to the racist comments and I don't care what he thinks, but he's made about a half dozen of these comments (an ugly Kevin Weeks one was the first I noticed).  The pathetic part is the way he tucks his tail between his legs and runs away afterwards.  If you're gonna be that way, at least be a man about it and own the comments.  He wouldn't be the first racist sports fan in Boston, big deal.  But instead, when you point out his own words, he throws on his skirt and acts like a 5-year old who just got beat up on the playground, namecalling, feigned outrage, whining, crying, calling for the teacher, etc.

Then comes the second most pathetic part -- acting like a tough guy behind the keyboard. As if anyone has ever been impressed by threats and tough talk from an anonymous poster on the internet, I haven't met them.  That won't stop him from trying though.  Not impressed.  In closing, I like and respect around 90% of the posters, including the ones who challenge and bicker with me.  But Wensink is just a tool.  Now come and take the bait and throw a tantrum, ya big baby...

I'm glad Subban is Montreal's headache.  Go Bruins!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Anyone else catch this:

Anyone who thought the owners would stop overpaying in the new CBA was wrong.  Dead wrong.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Are you referring to the Stanley that has often provided info on himself along with pictures,etc.? Yeah, I'm aware that he's a middle aged, rascist, frenchman from Montreal. None of those things are considered a handicap here in Canada but keep treating him like he's simple. I'm sure he really appreciates the "help". Man, are you ever stupid (and still tucking tailand avoiding the lockout conversation I see).

[/QUOTE]

^This is exactly the issue with Wensink, and why I don't even read his responses anymore.  I'm not even particularly sensitive to the racist comments and I don't care what he thinks, but he's made about a half dozen of these comments (an ugly Kevin Weeks one was the first I noticed).  The pathetic part is the way he tucks his tail between his legs and runs away afterwards.  If you're gonna be that way, at least be a man about it and own the comments.  He wouldn't be the first racist sports fan in Boston, big deal.  But instead, when you point out his own words, he throws on his skirt and acts like a 5-year old who just got beat up on the playground, namecalling, feigned outrage, whining, crying, calling for the teacher, etc.

Then comes the second most pathetic part -- acting like a tough guy behind the keyboard. As if anyone has ever been impressed by threats and tough talk from an anonymous poster on the internet, I haven't met them.  That won't stop him from trying though.  Not impressed.  In closing, I like and respect around 90% of the posters, including the ones who challenge and bicker with me.  But Wensink is just a tool.  Now come and take the bait and throw a tantrum, ya big baby...

[/QUOTE]

Thankfully I'm reading the words of others perhaps not black like me but equally offended by the views of one ignorant person that are supported by another. 

I say F 'em both, Fletch.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Anyone else catch this:

Anyone who thought the owners would stop overpaying in the new CBA was wrong.  Dead wrong.

Owners will always overpay and then seek ways to circumvent the CBA due to their stupidity. It has been like this for a generation. Anyone blaming the players for salary issues in the NHL is not seeing the whole picture.

But I digress....at least Van now has one of the most expensive backend in the league and I am quite confident it is still not even close to being the best.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Anyone else catch this:

What's wrong with that contract?  He's their #1 defenseman, proven, young and full of skill.

How much do you think he should have gotten?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Gomez to San Jose?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=413961

Interesting....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

What's wrong with that contract?  He's their #1 defenseman, proven, young and full of skill.

[/QUOTE]

Well, I haven't researched this, but it seems like a lot for Edler to me and a pretty long term too.  He's got some offensive skill but seems like a pretty soft defender to me.  Just because he's their #1 D doesn't mean he has to be paid a lot.  I think that's a pretty average crop in Vancouver and has a fair amount of parity between 1-6, unlike the Bruins where it is clear that Chara is the lead horse.  Given the stars they have on the offense, and the $ they have committed to goaltending, it seems like a big contract under the declining cap.  

When you have Bieksa, Hamhuis, Garrison, and Ballard all making over $4 million per season and then you sign Edler long term for $5 million per...and you have no cap space...and you have $9 million/season committed in goal, and lots of expensive stars up front...somethings gotta give.  I'm not sure Edler is the guy that you just can't part with.

But I suppose they need a PP quarterback and if they can jettison Luongo, maybe it makes sense.  Seems like a lot to me.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Edler is a good defenseman, i dont have as much a problem with that as I do the Zajac. Problem is, how many other teams would Edler be the number 1 defenseman on and Zajac the number 1 center. Now, not only do comparable players go looking for the same money it drives the cost up on true number one defenseman and centers. Also, what bothers me is the owners are handing out this money and their not even bidding against anyone else.

Seems we had a lockout, some owners crying poor saying players are getting too much of the pie yet nothing seems to have changed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Never made any of those remarks,and never posted anything about Kevin Weeks you complete dbag. You find a remark about Kevin Weeks - never happened, you got me confused with someone else a$$hole. But it's just like you to make false accusations.  Now you're a liar - and an arrogant fool with no integrity.  You two fine gentlemen keep beating up on Stan, cause his remarks make you angry. And I'm the internet tough guy- what a joke. Punks. I'll take criticism from you and the lowlife degenerate as a compliment.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Are you referring to the Stanley that has often provided info on himself along with pictures,etc.? Yeah, I'm aware that he's a middle aged, rascist, frenchman from Montreal. None of those things are considered a handicap here in Canada but keep treating him like he's simple. I'm sure he really appreciates the "help". Man, are you ever stupid (and still tucking tailand avoiding the lockout conversation I see).

[/QUOTE]

Never made any of those remarks,and never posted anything about Kevin Weeks you complete dbag. You find a remark about Kevin Weeks - never happened, you got me confused with someone else a$$hole. But it's just like you to make false accusations.  Now you're a liar - and an arrogant fool with no integrity.  You two fine gentlemen keep beating up on Stan, cause his remarks make you angry. And I'm the internet tough guy- what a joke. Punks. I'll take criticism from you and the lowlife degenerate as a compliment.  

[/QUOTE]

Is it hard to type through the tears? Did you notice Stanley needs help finding tickets for his March trip to Boston with his family? Maybe you can help him out. I'm sure he loves the way you've been treating/talking about him. It's already been established that you're a weak minded liar that can't keep up in a debate. It's cute that you continue to try though. You're like the forum's Rudy aside from the fact there's no chance of a happy ending. Still got nothing to say regarding your stupidity during the lockout eh? No surprise I suppose since you spend most of your time treating Stanley like he's mentally handicapped. I'm sure he loves all of the "help" he's receiving from you. Gosh, you are stupid. How do you make it through each day? Shall I assume you wear a helmet to the mall?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[/QUOTE]

Is it hard to type through the tears? Did you notice Stanley needs help finding tickets for his March trip to Boston with his family? Maybe you can help him out. I'm sure he loves the way you've been treating/talking about him. It's already been established that you're a weak minded liar that can't keep up in a debate. It's cute that you continue to try though. You're like the forum's Rudy aside from the fact there's no chance of a happy ending. Still got nothing to say regarding your stupidity during the lockout eh? No surprise I suppose since you spend most of your time treating Stanley like he's mentally handicapped. I'm sure he loves all of the "help" he's receiving from you. Gosh, you are stupid. How do you make it through each day? Shall I assume you wear a helmet to the mall?

[/QUOTE]

Go back to picking on Stan tough guy. Duz 90% of the board thought your position during the lockout was absurd and mindless. Keep up in a debate...lol. And yeah I do cut Stan some slack for what would appear to be obvious reasons, that out of respect I don't think would be appropiate to go into. You keep on hammering him though, that should make you proud, but not unexpected behavior from a low life. That's apparently not within your non existent character.  I'll let you get back to your drug usage now -

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[/QUOTE]

Go back to picking on Stan tough guy. Duz 90% of the board thought your position during the lockout was absurd and mindless. Keep up in a debate...lol. And yeah I do cut Stan some slack for what would appear to be obvious reasons, that out of respect I don't think would be appropiate to go into. You keep on hammering him though, that should make you proud, but not unexpected behavior from a low life. That's apparently not within your non existent character.  I'll let you get back to your drug usage now -

[/QUOTE]

You're giving him a pass solely due to his ignorance? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

Shup?!

Of that list, I would say the Islanders as most likely. I get the feeling Vishnovsky is going to sit out the year (or, whats left of it).

Isles would be a good landing spot for him.  They need veteran leadership and a guy with an upside. With little pressure, he might just hava a good season there.

Yep. Makes sense for a number of reasons...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Well, I haven't researched this, but it seems like a lot for Edler to me and a pretty long term too.  He's got some offensive skill but seems like a pretty soft defender to me.  Just because he's their #1 D doesn't mean he has to be paid a lot.  I think that's a pretty average crop in Vancouver and has a fair amount of parity between 1-6, unlike the Bruins where it is clear that Chara is the lead horse.  Given the stars they have on the offense, and the $ they have committed to goaltending, it seems like a big contract under the declining cap.  

When you have Bieksa, Hamhuis, Garrison, and Ballard all making over $4 million per season and then you sign Edler long term for $5 million per...and you have no cap space...and you have $9 million/season committed in goal, and lots of expensive stars up front...somethings gotta give.  I'm not sure Edler is the guy that you just can't part with.

But I suppose they need a PP quarterback and if they can jettison Luongo, maybe it makes sense.  Seems like a lot to me.

[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUax7np9ii4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHoxuuh-7A4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K54HtDndEPk

I suspect that Luongo will be traded for prospects/picks to clear up cap space.  Ballard won't be around much longer, either.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUax7np9ii4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHoxuuh-7A4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K54HtDndEPk

I suspect that Luongo will be traded for prospects/picks to clear up cap space.  Ballard won't be around much longer, either.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not really moved by you tube links, just tell me.  You see him a lot and would know better than me.  He's very good defensively?  You're happy with $5 million per for him?

Seriously, If you say so I will agree, because don't know that much about him.  It seemed like a lot to me and I am still surprised by the Zajac signing.  I don't have a real strong opinion on this one though.  More of an impression...could be wrong...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[/QUOTE]

You're giving him a pass solely due to his ignorance? 

[/QUOTE]

No, I gave you a pass for your ignorance, which your question and previous comment makes evident. Based on Stan's numerous posts, I take his remarks with more than a grain of salt, for what appears to be obvious reasons to me. They make me laugh, and I find that entertaining on some level. Figure it out...the man wants to be G.M. of the Bruins, and he's serious. Get it ?

For the record, I'd take Pk on this team in a heartbeat, and would give up a lot to get him. But, you go ahead and continue with the racist accusations about someone you never met...that's about as ignorant as it gets. But I guess you get the pass on that one to. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wow, what a scathing retort. 90% of the forum may have disagreed (and been wrong) with my stance during the during the lockout but you and NAS were the only 2 that lost your shyte while resorting to straight out ridiculous behavior. Neither of you had a drop of fact to back up your assertions that the players had already lost the battle yet that didn't stop you from claiming anyone who couldn't see it was stupid. And is that really all you've got by the way-that everyone else thought it too? Hell, most people thought the world was flat at one point in time but that didn't make it so. Go ahead and ask the players if they feel they lost the lockout. Ask them how they feel about now being able to collect a proper pension after they retire. But no, you think everyone else is stupid simply because you wanted to see hockey so bad that you couldn't see through the tears. Regarding Stanley, it's just another case of you being absoluetly wrong and too dumb to know it but then, that's your M.O. isn't it? I suggest you worry less about Stanley being picked on and you try reading a book some time because Stanley seems like a MENSA member compared to you. You are an incredibly dense individual.