NHL.com ranks Bruins 7th going into the first weekend

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

NHL.com ranks Bruins 7th going into the first weekend

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=685304&navid=DL|NHL|home

Acknowledging that this means even less than one of Stanley's predictions, it still grinds my gears that the Bruins are ranked behind the Sharks, Blues and Wings with no real reason given other than "guys were injured and may start slowly."  Among the teams ahead of them who added players, did any add players with the impact potential of Iginla and Eriksson?

Dumb. Meaningless, but dumb.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Re: NHL.com ranks Bruins 7th going into the first weekend

Really is amazing how some of these stiffs actually get paid to write about a sport they have no clue about. How can they rank a Stanley Cup Finalist 5 spots down & one of them is a team that they scored 2 goals in 4 games against them & a starting goaltender that didn't even get a start after 4 games into the play-offs. 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I was trying to see if Corey Masisak was the only writer or chiming in on the list, he is. Most other sites have a panel or about 5 or 6 other writers voting. He has to be wrong he is considering the PP as part of the problem for a predicted slow start.

Allot of rankings have Pittsburgh, Detroit and LA ahead of the Boston. Those three teams, to me, are media darlings. Boston teams are not well liked overall by the media. They would like nothing more than to see the Celtics, Patriots, Pats and Bruins return to the lows of the 90s.

That way they would stop getting chased around twitter by crazy Ma$$holes.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

The Sharks win one game against the nucks 4-1 and that ranks them 6th?

The Canucks and Luongo being horrible is much more significant than anything the Sharks are doing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Nothing to say but that's ok, good baloney good baloney!  Hockey is on who cares on rankings is correct!  Blues now the Sharks are favs!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Well considering I found this ranking because Leafs fan are losing it over not being on it, I could only laugh seeing the Bruins in 7th.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

It is rather odd that the Leafs aren't in the top 15. They have definitely improved adding Bernier and Boland. They will finish top 15 for sure, unfortunately.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

The criteria used to rank the teams is absurd - except for the depths of the Habs' standing. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

The timing of this list essentially makes it a pre-season power rankings... so yes, absurd.

Next week there should be at least a little more rationality in it... probably not much, though.

-- Proud user of Chambraigne; Now with Wiener Scent! --

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from blackcrowes. Show blackcrowes's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=685304&navid=DL|NHL|home

Acknowledging that this means even less than one of Stanley's predictions, it still grinds my gears that the Bruins are ranked behind the Sharks, Blues and Wings with no real reason given other than "guys were injured and may start slowly."  Among the teams ahead of them who added players, did any add players with the impact potential of Iginla and Eriksson?

Dumb. Meaningless, but dumb.

What drives me nuts more than anything else is most of these rankings/predictions have the Hawks as the #1 team, but drop the Bruins because they are "tired" and it was a short summer. The same summer that the Hawks had, but apparently it only affects the Bruins? Whatever.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Just laugh it off boys. These guys never get things right if their life depended on it.

Thank god the games are settled on the ice - where it counts - and not on their papers or websites.

Bookmark the Site so we can have another laugh in June.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

the best hockey writers are long gone from today's twitter media. Glad i 've been around long enough to read some good ones

Sections
Shortcuts