Nice 20 minute effort

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Nice 20 minute effort

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

I didn't think the game was as bad as everyone is saying... a one goal game goes to the very last second, Bergy gets robbed on the doorstep and Ference bungles a blue line pass. Stil 2 more tries with 1 at home.

Plenty of opportunities to tie it up.  People here are acting (as expected) like the game was as bad as Game 1 from the Leafs side.

Tons of "if"s to go around.  If any one of the "if"s had become a "did", the game goes a very different direction.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

I'd love someone who isnt a blind fanboy look at what we have said about the season and this series, and tell me whats so wrong about it, other than you are not allowed to call a spade a spade on this board if rose colored Bruins glasses arent involved.

[/QUOTE]

Calling a spade a spade  ? Let's see......

You called this team gutless. Have you seen evidence of the Bruins being gutless these 5 playoff games ? 

Really interested in your "I see everything but you blind fanboys don't" answer.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I don't know what happened to you.  You (and BruinFanNewJersey) used to be enjoyable to talk hockey with.  Now, it's like you used a bus depot toilet and got poked with a needle full of cynicism.  Seriously, who the FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF cares how they win a Game 7?  Just win, baby! 

(I'm going to guess you didn't watch a second of the LA/STL series.  Those games were tightly contested.  They were as even as even could be.  The Kings certainly didn't roll through the Blues.)

He was excatly like this until June 2011.  I used to call him WingsfaninIll back then.  He was always complaining about how the Bruins couldn't skate on the same ice as the Wings.  That Cup win turned him around for a year and a half.  Now, he's back to his old self.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

This Bruins team has the benefit of experience, but, as we've noticed all year long, they seem to pace themselves, and not always for the better. Reimer was outstanding, and the refs put their whistles in their pockets leading to an exciting game. The fact thst younger speed beat older experience is nothing new to this year's Bruins. I'd hoped that Bartkowski's speed would help, but he was obviously playing a stay-at-home game as Claude dictates.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Damn straight, they played like they wanted a game 6 and now they got it. If they play from the outset like they did in the final 10 mins tonight, they will win.

That sort of pressure is unsustainable.  These are human.

Absolutely.  There's no such thing as a "full 60 minute effort".  Good players, take the puck away from other good players.  It's about limiting mistakes, not eliminating them.     

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Not for anything but how does a Bruins team, playing a game 5 AT HOME, to eliminate their opponent, not be ready to match the opposition's intensity?

The fact that the were outskated, outhit and just outplayed for 40 minutes of a playoff game in front of their own fans just doesn't make sense to me.

Some fans will likely say that this was just a hiccup, however, it concerns me that this team can actually show up and not be ready to play a full 60 minute game. This is exactly what got them eliminated by the Caps last year.

BTW, did anyone else notice but Horton was off his game last night, the entire game...maybe that hit by Phaneuf did affect him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Damn straight, they played like they wanted a game 6 and now they got it. If they play from the outset like they did in the final 10 mins tonight, they will win.

That sort of pressure is unsustainable.  These are human.

I know NAS, how about more effort out of the gate and i was only repeating what Julien thought they needed. ;-p  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:

Not for anything but how does a Bruins team, playing a game 5 AT HOME, to eliminate their opponent, not be ready to match the opposition's intensity?

The fact that the were outskated, outhit and just outplayed for 40 minutes of a playoff game in front of their own fans just doesn't make sense to me.

Some fans will likely say that this was just a hiccup, however, it concerns me that this team can actually show up and not be ready to play a full 60 minute game. This is exactly what got them eliminated by the Caps last year.

BTW, did anyone else notice but Horton was off his game last night, the entire game...maybe that hit by Phaneuf did affect him.

I thought they played well in the first two periods.  If Bergeron lifts the puck or Seguin gets a good tip or one of the point shots gets through, no one is complaining about the effort.

I didn't notice Horton at all last night having any issues. Sounds like an attempt at a conspiracy theory.  That line had a hard time generating chances.  It wasn't because they didn't care or didn't want it.  Sometimes, nothing that you do works.  It doesn't mean you didn't try.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I thought the Bruins came flying out of the gate with lots of energy which then seemed to be sapped by the Kelly penalty.It changed the flow of the game and from that point on for the rest of the period the B's were on their heels. I mean some credit has to go to the Leafs, they were desperate and it showed. The B's couldn't match it but when they did were all over the Leafs. I think they will still win the series. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

I thought they played well in the first two periods.  If Bergeron lifts the puck or Seguin gets a good tip or one of the point shots gets through, no one is complaining about the effort.

I didn't notice Horton at all last night having any issues. Sounds like an attempt at a conspiracy theory.  That line had a hard time generating chances.  It wasn't because they didn't care or didn't want it.  Sometimes, nothing that you do works.  It doesn't mean you didn't try.

NAS, that is not what I said, that Horton didn't try...or that the B's didn't try...but this is the freakin playoffs, and if a team can't be ready to meet the intensity of it's opponent every game what does that tell you about this team?

Is it that the only play when their backs are against a wall? Marchand admits that they weren't ready to meet the Leafs intensity last night...say What?

I love the Bruins but why is it that they are not prepared to give a full effort every game? The fact that they had a couple of bad breaks is no excuse, the Leafs dominated the play, and also had chances that required Rask to stand on his head to stop.

I guess when they give us their full effort, they are very difficult to beat, so that is what I expect from them, every game...especially in the postseason.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to mitchco98's comment:

In response to hangnail's comment:

In response to hangnail's comment:

I'd love someone who isnt a blind fanboy look at what we have said about the season and this series, and tell me whats so wrong about it, other than you are not allowed to call a spade a spade on this board if rose colored Bruins glasses arent involved.

[/QUOTE]

Although I've stuck up for your right to post as you want, I've also suggested you should be aware of the fact that there could be disagreement, so be prepared to defend yourself.

What's wrong....is the fact that these posts of yours are so predictable.  They're all the same, with little to no points of discussion.  At least it appears that way to me.

Calling "a spade, a spade" would suggest a post when things go well, not just when the B's lose.  The "spade" logic, suggersts you believe you have a more balanced, objective analysis than the rest of us.  Because you virtually never post anything "good", about the Bruins, the "spade", goes right out the window. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Out shut 19 8 in first you really need to take of the rose coloured glasses,or were you napping again

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I never felt like any game was in the bag with a one goal lead.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

If the Bs only have one real 20 minute effort in game 6 then I hope its in the third period. Pray to the all mighty this is over tomorrow.

Sections
Shortcuts