Nice job, you wuss

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Nice job, you wuss

Nice to see Thornton quit that fight.  It's exactly what B's hockey has been for five weeks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Nice job, you wuss

I was waiting for Thornton to pull Bolton's jersey over his head then wink at the refs. But hey his fight inspired Krejci and Seguin tonight right ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In Response to Re: Nice job, you wuss:
    I was waiting for Thornton to pull Bolton's jersey over his head then wink at the refs. But hey his fight inspired Krejci and Seguin tonight right ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Yup. Thornton's amazing in that way, right NAS? ;-P

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

N-A-S, calling thornton a wuss is just annoying; he's clearly not. It's a really weird position to take against the most consistently hard-nosed player on the team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

N-A-S, calling thornton a wuss is just annoying; he's clearly not. It's a really weird position to take against the most consistently hard-nosed player on the team.
    Posted by Olsonic

Remember when Koci took on Chara while sporting a busted nose?  Chara broke him wide open and Koci kept swinging.  Thornton caught a stiff one and next thing you know, he quits the fight. 

He QUIT.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

He popped some stitches so it made perfect sense to end the fight after it had been well past its peak anyway.... 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

In Response to Re: Nice job, you wuss : Remember when Koci took on Chara while sporting a busted nose?  Chara broke him wide open and Koci kept swinging.  Thornton caught a stiff one and next thing you know, he quits the fight.  He QUIT.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

As far as Koci, I think that was pretty stupid tbh. and Koci turtled immediately after getting his nose busted. If you are crediting Kojci for at least volunteering to fight, then I still don't understand your argument--Sean Thorton has traded massive blows with the best in the business (like Boogard).. 

O.k., so thorton takes a few hits and needs to go to the locker-room for repairs (something I have rarely, if ever, seen him do) and now he's a wuss and a quitter? I really don't understand the criticism, you make it so confidently when there is literally dozens of thornton fights that do not follow the same script. It just feels like you're calling him a wuss for losing a fight.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

He popped some stitches so it made perfect sense to end the fight after it had been well past its peak anyway.... 
    Posted by jaywall

He had to ask the refs to come over!  The refs ruin most fights by stopping them before they are over.  This one was still going.  Poor Shawn quit.

PJ Stock never quit.  LB never quit.  Jay Miller never quit.  Heck, I don't remember Nazarov quitting.

Shawn Thornton did.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dalexander2424. Show dalexander2424's posts

Thornton took a skate to the face last year, and still tried to go after the entire Chicago bench but, yeah, he's definitely a wuss. 

As I recall he also fought Boogard who was like twice Thornton's size. If you don't like his role on the team fine, but he does said role GREAT. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

In Response to Re: Nice job, you wuss : He had to ask the refs to come over!  The refs ruin most fights by stopping them before they are over.  This one was still going.  Poor Shawn quit. PJ Stock never quit.  LB never quit.  Jay Miller never quit.  Heck, I don't remember Nazarov quitting. Shawn Thornton did.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Point was the fight was basically over anyway after almost 2 minutes of trading blows. No problem with ending it when it did from my perspective.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

In Response to Re: Nice job, you wuss : He had to ask the refs to come over!  The refs ruin most fights by stopping them before they are over.  This one was still going.  Poor Shawn quit. PJ Stock never quit.  LB never quit.  Jay Miller never quit.  Heck, I don't remember Nazarov quitting. Shawn Thornton did.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

yawn. I highly highly doubt you can back this up with evidence, but even if it were true it still wouldn't make Thornton a "wuss", it would just suggest that some fighters have never been hit just right to warrant a stoppage. It's also kinda annoying because so many fights are mutually agreed upon--there isn't actually much bad blood betweent he players. P.J. Stock, your supposed tough guy, had pre-planned scripted fights at center ice for national T.V. games.... it's just a really weird argument to make. 

N-A-S' standard for toughness = Never ever stop a fight for any reason
    Evidence in favor =  Kojci fought Chara!

Analysis: You use a fight in which Kocji turtled to Chara as an example of how tough fighters never stop a fight when they get hurt... it's madness.

Can you just admit that it's a weak argument? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

You're nit picking NAS! I get your dislike for thornton, but you're off in another galaxy on this one!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Nice job, you wuss : As far as Koci, I think that was pretty stupid tbh. and Koci turtled immediately after getting his nose busted. If you are crediting Kojci for at least volunteering to fight, then I still don't understand your argument--Sean Thorton has traded massive blows with the best in the business (like Boogard)..  O.k., so thorton takes a few hits and needs to go to the locker-room for repairs (something I have rarely, if ever, seen him do) and now he's a wuss and a quitter? I really don't understand the criticism, you make it so confidently when there is literally dozens of thornton fights that do not follow the same script. It just feels like you're calling him a wuss for losing a fight.
    Posted by Olsonic

I'm okay with the guy losing, as long as he keeps trying.  If you have to ask the ref to stop the fight because you quit, that's weak.

Oooh, oooh.  He took on Boogaard.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwjKk1xmxIk

All he did was tie Boogaard up for all but five seconds.  Let's not use that as a measure of toughness.  It's not like he was meeting a known killer in a dark alley.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

You're nit picking NAS! I get your dislike for thornton, but you're off in another galaxy on this one!
    Posted by nitemare-38

You must have missed him quitting the fight.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

P.J Stock actually had his orbital bone broken by Rob Ray in a fight and kept going..If I remember correctly Rob Ray stopped punching to ask him if he was o.k and P.J said he could keep going...Rob Ray told it alot better than I did and he marveled how there was no quit in that guy...I actually missed the Thornton fight I'll check it out in a minute.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Nice job, you wuss : You must have missed him quitting the fight.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

No, I didn't miss anything. This is no different then what happened when Lucic fought Orr & stopped because he had his nose broke. Is Lucic a quitter? Ever been in a hockey fight NAS? Ever just realized you're beat? Thornton is no more a quitter than Bergeron. He plays 100% in spite of his lack of talent. He stays in the lineup because of his work ethic & because he takes on all comers. When you get a burr in your saddle about somebody, you find ANYTHING to put that player down. You're the same way about Savard, Marchand & Thorts. Everybody on here knows that when there's the smallest reason to find something on someone who's not in your good graces you'll run with it. You know I love your post, but I think you're wrong to call Thorts a quitter.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Nice job, you wuss:
    Nice to see Thornton quit that fight.  It's exactly what B's hockey has been for five weeks.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

BadHab endorses NAS on this one.  He's right on all counts.

Pucks in games or contests not so much.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

P.J Stock actually had his orbital bone broken by Rob Ray in a fight and kept going..If I remember correctly Rob Ray stopped punching to ask him if he was o.k and P.J said he could keep going...Rob Ray told it alot better than I did and he marveled how there was no quit in that guy...I actually missed the Thornton fight I'll check it out in a minute.
    Posted by kelvana33

Loved the Stocked Rabbit Puncher!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Nice job, you wuss : Yup. Thornton's amazing in that way, right NAS? ;-P Posted by Ronstar8

I enjoy watching Shawn chase other fighters around all night tapping them on the shoulder then grasping for life when he finally gets popped.

If Thornton is going to go he needs to throw em like there is no tomorrow. His cross ice pass to a Devil in the Dzone down a goal now that was amazing.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

In Response to Re: Nice job, you wuss : I'm okay with the guy losing, as long as he keeps trying.  If you have to ask the ref to stop the fight because you quit, that's weak. Oooh, oooh.  He took on Boogaard.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwjKk1xmxIk All he did was tie Boogaard up for all but five seconds.  Let's not use that as a measure of toughness.  It's not like he was meeting a known killer in a dark alley.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

he's fought boogie multiple times

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Nice job, you wuss : he's fought boogie multiple times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2klyegH3CL4
    Posted by Olsonic

I honestly didn't cherry pick.  That was the first one I clicked.  Either way, if you're a professional fighter, you aren't brave to to fight a guy bigger than you.  Now, if Seguin jumped a beast that size, or Marchand, or Krejci, I'd say that's brave.

When you are in a fight and you ask the ref to break it up, you're a quitter, and you're a wuss.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

That fight went on forever -- what, do you want them to fight to the death?

Yeah, he's a "wuss".  All of the tired and repeated comments about his hockey talent at least had some merit.  How silly to call the guy a wimp though.  Ridiculous.  Why am I even giving the attention to this that is so desired?  My bad.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Posted by kelvana33

Kelv, I'm not saying that this was your position, but I don't respect players more for being complete morons with their health. Just like I don't think a player that plays through a concussion is a "tough guy"; I think he's an idiot and doesn't have the common sense to end a pointless professional hockey fight.

I like fighting, I think it adds a valuable element to the game; but I've outgrown the barbarism and don't expect players to be gladiators. I know I probably sound sanctimonious here, but I think NAS and others that agree could use a change in perspective.

EDIT: Actually, there is one circumstance where I would like to see more violence and more barbarism: retributive justice against cheap-shots. I really feel that there shouldn't be a taboo against breaking a stick over the head of Matt Cooke/Todd Bertuzzi, the real worst-of-the-worst :) I really wouldn't care if someone ran him from behind. It bothers me that they only went after him for one game. I think think someone should be fighting Matt Cooke every game we play against Pitt, every shift he is on the ice... and follow him into the hallways and assault him there :)   Seriously, I think you deserve to be assaulted if you consciously and unapologetically end someones career.

All it would take is a few henious-retaliatory attacks to make these slimy ba$stards think twice.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Posted by Not-A-Shot

To be fair he asks the refs to come over sometimes when he's winning as well.

Sections
Shortcuts