Nice job, you wuss

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Nice job, you wuss

In Response to Re: Nice job, you wuss:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nice job, you wuss : I don't respect players more  for being complete morons with their health. Just like I don't think a player that plays through a concussion is a "tough guy"; I think he's an idiot and doesn't have the common sense to end a pointless professional hockey fight. I like fighting, I think it adds a valuable element to the game; but I've outgrown the barbarism and don't expect players to be gladiators.
    Posted by Olsonic[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  The PJ Stock stuff is lovable but stupid.  You can go blind from getting hit when you have a broken orbital. 

It looked to me like Thornton and Boulton both landed about 5 good shots to the face.  To sit behind a keyboard and call either guy a 'wuss' is almost comical.  If you want to do Thornton's job for as long as he's done it you've got to have some self-preservation instincts too.

I don't know how you can hate 'skating clowns', but then demand that they act like brainless clowns when they fight.  When you're hurt, you're hurt.  End the fight.  That fight went longer than most.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sask-Bs-fan. Show Sask-Bs-fan's posts

I know you are a troll Null, but "the rat" does drop em. did he hide when he flipped Sedin in the Final? Nope, so go troll on someone else's board!  I'm done with you.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yaso#7. Show Yaso#7's posts

First: 12/30/2009
    Last: 3/1/2012
    Nice to see Thornton quit that fight.  It's exactly what B's hockey has been for five weeks.

100+...starting again now!

Really?  Your self imposed disapearence from the Board needs to be imposed again.    Laughing

Ok--- I agree with most of your points (skating clown... etc) but please, you can do better then this.  Wink

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Ignored.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nice job, you wuss : Gosh, your feelings about Cooke are pretty well exactly what everyone, (other then Boston Homers and the legally blind) think about Brad "the Rodent" Marchand. At least Cooke doesn't hide behind the his fellow players like the Rodent does. (and Cooke doesn't have Gregorys daddy to baby sit him either). I'd much rather have Cooke on my team then a disrespectful, slew footing, clipping, clothes lining, head hunting, yappy punk like the Rodent. But hey, thats just my old fashioned values.
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

laughable. Ask around.  brad marchand has had exactly zero suspensions for hits to the head. Cooke? Marc Savard (hit to the head career ender--non suspended.. what a joke), Arten Anisimov (hit to the head), Scott Walker (hit to the head--interesting since it went against another cheap shot artist in Walker), Tylor Fedun (hit from behind), Ryan Mcdonagh (10games+1st round)

the comparison is a complete joke.

yes, he has done some dirty things, but none of those  things have put anyones career in jeopardy. The most dirty thing he did was the salo hit, and he better not make it a habit or I wouldn't mind him getting what he deserves either. 

lol @ slew-footing.. that happens all the time. Dirty? yes. But again, the league isn't suffering from a slew-footing injury epidemic.

funny that you call the bruins fans homers when it's OBVIOUS you're either a habs fan or a vancouver fan just on here to troll a player you dislike. The rest of the league does not see Marchand = Cooke. not even close.

Good luck objectively responding to this.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Sandog, you are mixing in skill, or lack of skill. Thornton is not a wuss or a quitter. Claude still puts him in the lineup every game, and pats him on the back, every game. IMO Thornton's bout had nothing to do with the kreji line's performance. In fact, there would not have been a fight if Thorny were not in the lineup.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Bogie, I will stick with what i've always maintained that Julien's love affair with slow two-way veterans stunts the growth of Bruins prospects. Thornton can sit some nights and there is no excuse that Julien can come up to do otherwise for my liking.

As Dez has said and I agree with "Thornton and Campbell are likable players but they can be replaced". If you are going to be the Bruins enforcer then throw em like you got'em then be prepared to come back after getting socked in the kisser not waive the refs over with an excuse of being tired.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I wouldn't even say Thornton lost this fight. It looked to me like both of them were done. And Thorton was the first one to call it over.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckhog9966. Show puckhog9966's posts

last years finals:

without thorton: 0-2

with thorton: 4-1

Did he have any fights in them 5 games? Not that I remeber. So he played hockey? as a member of a TEAM who won as a TEAM. 2 cups now, speaks for itself. For those of you who want to watch rookies make rookie mistakes rather then a thorton fight... go watch providence, I have heard they are really good this year ! ohh thats right my bad they are in 11th place of 15 and wont make the playoffs. So your begging for them players who cant even take advantage of ice time in the AHL to play over a 2 time cup winner in the NHL? NO THANKS!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

No Duck fan remembers Thornton being on the Stanley Cup team ZERO, none! So the "Shawn has 2 rings" argument is irrelevant!

How enlightening another hockey fan who goes to a game an wants nothing more than to see a fight instead of seeing some of the Bruins prospects get developed.

Yah but you know developing draft picks means nothing ask any GM...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TommyD603. Show TommyD603's posts

That fight went on for forever. How much longer did you want him to fight?
    Was he the one that called it off and not the other guy or the linesemen? Sure. But it's not like he didn't show up or wimped out or anything of the sort. He got opened up after an extended bout. He tapped out because he lost. It happens.
    He fought Boogard, Laraque, Parros... he's clearly not a wimp.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

i'm with you Sandog. It's time for Claude to allow those rookies, who the Providence staff recommends, to play. Maybe it's only three shifts, but as fill-ins for Thorny and Pouliot, the "energy" twins, we might see why Providence recommends them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

[QUOTE]No Duck fan remembers Thornton being on the Stanley Cup team ZERO, none! So the "Shawn has 2 rings" argument is irrelevant! How enlightening another hockey fan who goes to a game an wants nothing more than to see a fight instead of seeing some of the Bruins prospects get developed. Yah but you know developing draft picks means nothing ask any GM...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Feel free to ask ST's teamates, the coach, and the GM what they think of ST. Your position is basically that chemistry means nothing--attitude means nothing.. Take one 4th line banger from one team and replace him with another and nothing will change... I really find that hard to believe on a team sport like hockey. As recently as game 7 of the damn stanley cup finals, the determination and balls of the 4th line was on display when it counted, and you really want to start mixing and matching trying to strike gold at the risk of disrupting a good thing?

Another thing to point out, the good teams in the NHL do not have 4th lines filled with "prospects" to develop... they are filled with veteran guys that play good defense, can block shots, sometimes fight, but generally just grind down the other team and not be a huge liability out there. 4th liners aren't even thinking of scoring most of the time--they are looking for other measures of success:
    • get a faceoff in the offensive zone
    • draw a penalty
    • get a big hit
    • win a fight
    • block some shots
    • do not give up odd-man rushes.
    the skill prospects are better off getting ice-time in the AHL developing the parts of their game they are projected to be using. it's not like providence is bursting at the seams with anyone that even makes the decision difficult. The AHL is just fine for these kids; on a cup team, this isn't time to mess with success just to get some low-level prospect a shot at the bigs. Only teams that are terrible have to do that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Olsonic is on fire today.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]Bogie, I will stick with what i've always maintained that Julien's love affair with slow two-way veterans stunts the growth of Bruins prospects. Thornton can sit some nights and there is no excuse that Julien can come up to do otherwise for my liking. As Dez has said and I agree with "Thornton and Campbell are likable players but they can be replaced". If you are going to be the Bruins enforcer then throw em like you got'em then be prepared to come back after getting socked in the kisser not waive the refs over with an excuse of being tired.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    where to start.... 1)cj's "love affair" brought the bruins their first cup in 39 years2)aren't looch, krejci, boychuk, marchand all prospects that panned out just fine? 3)julien is supposed to please you? 4) all 4th line guys and even some 3rd line guys "can be replaced" 5)boulton is one tough mother, relax, it was a 5 minute fight, he was tired- i'll apologize FOR HIM not knocking him out boulton 5 seconds. yeesh, it's funny how you're  back on the "fire clode" bandwagon. last season you echoed the same rubbish until the bruins won game 7 versus the canucks. then miraculously, clode BECAME a good/great coach!!!! here they are in a funk, and you're telling us the coach doesn't know what he's doing. i'm sure these were your exact sentiments when the bruins lost but three games in nov/dec? didn't think so. i bet you're a great teammate, throw everyone under the bus when things aren't going well. awesome

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

[QUOTE]Olsonic is on fire today.
    Posted by lambda13[/QUOTE]

/bow. I need to sleep.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nice job, you wuss : I honestly didn't cherry pick.  That was the first one I clicked.  Either way, if you're a professional fighter, you aren't brave to to fight a guy bigger than you.  Now, if Seguin jumped a beast that size, or Marchand, or Krejci, I'd say that's brave. When you are in a fight and you ask the ref to break it up, you're a quitter, and you're a wuss.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Chael Sonnen tapped out to Anderson Silva, is he a wuss?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nice job, you wuss : Chael Sonnen tapped out to Anderson Silva, is he a wuss?
    Posted by Drewski5[/QUOTE]
    Nice,i like it.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Funny how on hockeyfights.com not one commenter (out of 85 posts) calls out Thornton for his alleged "wuss" moment:

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/110426

And these guys do nothing but watch every and all fights in almost every league.

In short, this "wuss" thing is just a contrived argument for the sake of arguing.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nice job, you wuss : Chael Sonnen tapped out to Anderson Silva, is he a wuss?
    might have well have typed vblmd;bfb vbfbl;mh lk bglrp'lbn. because he has no idea who you're talking about, of that i'm most certain. all that aside, that was as close as anyone has come to beating silva(recently). what a great fight. mma is helping to grow my sport- wrestling, as i still compete and coach, used to officiate. any mma athlete must first have wrestling as a foundation. i have friends and family members who compete in local events, it's a lot of fun (if fun is being punched in the face and having limbs torn nearly off!!!). actually one local kid gets on the undercard fights with ufc, and was a participant on the ultimate fighter.   

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatthefaulk. Show whatthefaulk's posts

In Response to Nice job, you wuss:
    [QUOTE]Nice to see Thornton quit that fight.  It's exactly what B's hockey has been for five weeks.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I don't normally post on these boards. You obviously dislike the guy and are looking for points to fault him on. I had no idea who this thread was about when I clicked it, and the last person i woulda thought was THorton. calling Thorton a wuss is like calling Corvo a great defender, or calling NAS an intelligent hockey analyst  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

and oh yeah.... NAS go tell thorty he's a wuss. see how well that works out for ya.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

No but he is a cheater and liar.

Sections
Shortcuts