Nice job, you wuss

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Nice job, you wuss

In Response to Re: Nice job, you wuss:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nice job, you wuss : No but he is a cheater and liar.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]
    Absolutely true.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

Talk about a self-discrediting statement...

They're talking one of the top fights of the year on Hockeyfights.com, and have given the decision to Thorny.... Granted, there are some loons and homes on there ( like any board ) but also a lot of guys who have played, battled and know/follow the game closely....

Refs asked if they were ready, and Thorny spoke for both of them. He won the fight, albeit by a hair, and should be propped up, not derided, but with any comment, good or bad, you have look at the source.... Nuf said.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Calling Thornton a wuss just doesn't fit right. Skating clown, sure. Wuss? nope.

There aren't many people on here who would call him a wuss to his face. NAS? Anyone?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Nice job, you wuss:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nice job, you wuss : it's funny how you're  back on the "fire clode" bandwagon. Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

Please show me where i'm "back on the fire clode" bandwagon" ? Where did I post to fire Julien ? You can also look for these supposed posts where I said Julien is a great coach because I never said that either.

I've never said to trade or dump Thornton as well so stop putting words into my mouth.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nice job, you wuss :  But more importantly is the message the Rodent sent the other cowards in Bettmans Hockey League which is - Chara’s knees are only worth 5 games.
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

And all the while, the Sedin sisters are on their knees for free.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Nice job, you wuss:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nice job, you wuss :  it's funny how you're  back on the "fire clode" bandwagon. last season you echoed the same rubbish until the bruins won game 7 versus the canucks. then miraculously, clode BECAME a good/great coach!!!!  i bet you're a great teammate, throw everyone under the bus when things aren't going well. awesome Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a0d190bb9-6882-4397-9ce1-e66db723d396Discussion%3a70969b76-5a2b-4f06-822e-840a7528fb28&plckCurrentPage=5

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a0d190bb9-6882-4397-9ce1-e66db723d396Discussion%3ab0961ab6-e1d9-4141-807f-d904ec0af822

I'll look for some more when I have time tough guy...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nice job, you wuss : Remember when Koci took on Chara while sporting a busted nose?  Chara broke him wide open and Koci kept swinging.  Thornton caught a stiff one and next thing you know, he quits the fight.  He QUIT.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Bad example, IMO...

Koci got his face blasted open and immediately grabbed his nose and I don't think threw another punch...

As far as Shawno, it is very well-known that Boulton is a freak and does not fight a fight under like 2 minutes unless he gets knocked out...

I don't blame Shawno for letting the refs get involved on this one...

Boulton is wierd...he fights too long...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

If i was into long fights i could always dig up some of those old grainy 75 round John L. Sullivan bouts.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a0d190bb9-6882-4397-9ce1-e66db723d396Discussion%3ada6afc80-6ab7-49f6-9004-a8a7a21302d6&plckCurrentPage=2

Here ADK criticized some things and even complimented Julien. I also said he was heading down a road where he should be fired if things don't improve.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nice job, you wuss : might have well have typed vblmd;bfb vbfbl;mh lk bglrp'lbn. because he has no idea who you're talking about, of that i'm most certain. all that aside, that was as close as anyone has come to beating silva(recently). what a great fight. mma is helping to grow my sport- wrestling, as i still compete and coach, used to officiate. any mma athlete must first have wrestling as a foundation. i have friends and family members who compete in local events, it's a lot of fun (if fun is being punched in the face and having limbs torn nearly off!!!). actually one local kid gets on the undercard fights with ufc, and was a participant on the ultimate fighter.   
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

My friend Christopher Bell (I use his real name in case you know him, he was an all state wrestler in MA) once said, Wrestling uses physics and you cant overcome physics.

Bell is a bad dude.  Has sparred with Jorge Rivera. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nice job, you wuss : No but he is a cheater and liar.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

I love Chael....and cant argue.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

NAS- hockeyfights says Thornton won. Not saying their word is law, but they rate fights all day, so I'm gonna say your just on your high horse because you don't like Thornton.

I generally disagree with your opinions involving both Thornton and Marchand. So do most of the posters here. It seems like you're doing it for attention. That's worse than tooting your own horn in my book. At least when you toot your own horn your right.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nice job, you wuss : I love Chael....and cant argue.
    Posted by Drewski5[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was really impressed with him after that fight. I even enjoyed all the build up because it was comical but then he really took it AS.

But the fallout -___- just meh...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

The clowns on this thread who are questioning the guts of hockey players who fight probably haven't gone knuckles with anybody since grade school.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nice job, you wuss : I love Chael....and cant argue.

Drewski - If you get a chance check out his interview with Michael Landsberg on TSN's Off The Record.  He left the set because he felt the questions were lame and that the host was trying to wind him up. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

I'm not a big fan of the "let's see you say it to his face" argument.  NAS is entitled to have an opinion, as are the rest of us.  Pretty sure none us us will be telling Corvo to his face that he is terrible anytime soon, despite the fact that many of us post it.  

Besides, taking a rap on the beak from a millionaire might not be the worst strategy in this tight economy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nice job, you wuss : Exactly.  The PJ Stock stuff is lovable but stupid.  You can go blind from getting hit when you have a broken orbital.  It looked to me like Thornton and Boulton both landed about 5 good shots to the face.  To sit behind a keyboard and call either guy a 'wuss' is almost comical.  If you want to do Thornton's job for as long as he's done it you've got to have some self-preservation instincts too. I don't know how you can hate 'skating clowns', but then demand that they act like brainless clowns when they fight.  When you're hurt, you're hurt.  End the fight.  That fight went longer than most.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

If you're man enough to start the fight, be man enough to finish it.  Keep swinging or even protecting yourself until it gets broken up.  Pray it gets stopped.  Calling the refs over to stop it?  Absolutely not.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]That fight went on forever -- what, do you want them to fight to the death? Yeah, he's a "wuss".  All of the tired and repeated comments about his hockey talent at least had some merit.  How silly to call the guy a wimp though.  Ridiculous.  Why am I even giving the attention to this that is so desired?  My bad.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

You often write about my desire for attention and my overall goal in posting.  I don't recall ever meeting you in person, or speaking with you.  You don't know me. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nice job, you wuss : Chael Sonnen tapped out to Anderson Silva, is he a wuss?

I have never heard of these people.  Were they both standing toe-to-toe, throwing punches and suddenly Sonnen turned to the ref said, "Hey, please stop this"?

If so, yes he is.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Funny how on hockeyfights.com not one commenter (out of 85 posts) calls out Thornton for his alleged "wuss" moment: http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/110426 And these guys do nothing but watch every and all fights in almost every league. In short, this "wuss" thing is just a contrived argument for the sake of arguing.
    Posted by jaywall[/QUOTE]

These are guys who post on a hockey fight website.  Their opinion is worthless to me.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Talk about a self-discrediting statement... They're talking one of the top fights of the year on Hockeyfights.com, and have given the decision to Thorny.... Granted, there are some loons and homes on there ( like any board ) but also a lot of guys who have played, battled and know/follow the game closely.... Refs asked if they were ready, and Thorny spoke for both of them. He won the fight, albeit by a hair, and should be propped up, not derided, but with any comment, good or bad, you have look at the source.... Nuf said.
    Posted by Griswal65[/QUOTE]

If that's one of the fights of the year, this has been a sad, sad, lame year for fighting in hockey.  Might as well just outlaw it.  Why would it be a top fight?  Is it because it didn't end quickly?  Big deal.  They do-se-do'ed for a while.  That doesn't make it a good fight.  These are probably the same people who agree with Jack that Player A won the fight because he "scored the takedown".

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Calling Thornton a wuss just doesn't fit right. Skating clown, sure. Wuss? nope. There aren't many people on here who would call him a wuss to his face. NAS? Anyone?
    Posted by WalkTheLine[/QUOTE]

How stupid.  What would Shawn Thornton do?  Punch me in the face?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

I'll take that wuss Shawn Thornton on my team any day of the week!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]NAS- hockeyfights says Thornton won. Not saying their word is law, but they rate fights all day, so I'm gonna say your just on your high horse because you don't like Thornton. I generally disagree with your opinions involving both Thornton and Marchand. So do most of the posters here. It seems like you're doing it for attention. That's worse than tooting your own horn in my book. At least when you toot your own horn your right.
    Posted by lambda13[/QUOTE]

1.  I don't let others opinions shape mine.  I have been watching hockey long enough.  I don't need some boneheads who sit around and rate hockey fights to help me think.

2.  I don't need to do anything for attention.