Nice job, you wuss

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rochesternybruinfan. Show rochesternybruinfan's posts

Re: Nice job, you wuss

In Response to Re: Nice job, you wuss:
    [QUOTE]I'll take that wuss Shawn Thornton on my team any day of the week!
    Posted by MrVmax[/QUOTE]
    Could not agree with you more!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

The man is not a wuss. You can call him out on the professional goon code where one goon gives the word or a nod and that stops the fight. Some posters on here find that offensive and I can buy that. Calling Thornton a wuss is absurd.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]The man is not a wuss. You can call him out on the professional goon code where one goon gives the word or a nod and that stops the fight. Some posters on here find that offensive and I can buy that. Calling Thornton a wuss is absurd.
    Posted by WalkTheLine[/QUOTE]

No, suggesting that there is any danger in "saying it to his face" is absurd.

If you start a fight, you finish the fight.  Maybe it gets broken up, or maybe you have the other guy beat so you stop pounding him.  Maybe the other guy has you beat so he stops pounding you.

You don't quit.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

My point is that the skatiing clowns, goons, whatever you want to call them, "quit" all the time. Point out how stupid that is in a "fight" and I'm with you. Thornton is no wuss. If it was a real fight and not a staged fight between clowns do you think he'd quit? I doubt it. It's a simple distinction that I'm making, that's all.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]My point is that the skatiing clowns, goons, whatever you want to call them, "quit" all the time. Point out how stupid that is in a "fight" and I'm with you. Thornton is no wuss. If it was a real fight and not a staged fight between clowns do you think he'd quit? I doubt it. It's a simple distinction that I'm making, that's all.

The guy is standing there, in a fight.  He is lucid.  He is tired.  He asks the refs to break it up.  He quit.

Maybe you define it differently.  I see it as a wuss tactic.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nice job, you wuss : No, I didn't miss anything. This is no different then what happened when Lucic fought Orr & stopped because he had his nose broke. Is Lucic a quitter? Ever been in a hockey fight NAS? Ever just realized you're beat? Thornton is no more a quitter than Bergeron. He plays 100% in spite of his lack of talent. He stays in the lineup because of his work ethic & because he takes on all comers. When you get a burr in your saddle about somebody, you find ANYTHING to put that player down. You're the same way about Savard, Marchand & Thorts. Everybody on here knows that when there's the smallest reason to find something on someone who's not in your good graces you'll run with it. You know I love your post, but I think you're wrong to call Thorts a quitter.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

Not stickin' up for NAS but Lucic vs. Orr is one of my most hated fights, Looch looked like a puss. Don't care if your nose is on your back, Looch has never been the same since he bailed on that one, guys like Neely got more pss'd if you hurt them.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

It's not a real fight. It's his job and there is no anger or malice involved. Just two goons doing what they do. You know this.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]It's not a real fight. It's his job and there is no anger or malice involved. Just two goons doing what they do. You know this.

That doesn't change the fact that he quit.

In my eyes, a guy who quits a fight is a wuss.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nice job, you wuss : Not stickin' up for NAS but Lucic vs. Orr is one of my most hated fights, Looch looked like a puss. Don't care if your nose is on your back, Looch has never been the same since he bailed on that one, guys like Neely got more pss'd if you hurt them.
    Posted by number08[/QUOTE]
    Like Cherry, you need to watch the fight again. Lucic is clearly going back at Orr when the linesman grabs his sweater. That's why he let up. Not because he was hurt or any other reason. Cherry admitted he was wrong. You're wrong too. Regarding Lucic "hasn't been the same since"? Tell that to the rest of the league's players who voted him the NHL's toughest player.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nice job, you wuss : That doesn't change the fact that he quit. In my eyes, a guy who quits a fight is a wuss.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    A guy who's too chicken to fight is a wuss. Someone willing to fight the toughest opponent isn't a wuss regardless of whether he's not as tough as you'd like him to be.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nice job, you wuss : That doesn't change the fact that he quit. In my eyes, a guy who quits a fight is a wuss.

You're going a little heavy on the bravado now.

You quit the forum for a couple of weeks because you couldn't handle trade threads.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nice job, you wuss : You're going a little heavy on the bravado now. You quit the forum for a couple of weeks because you couldn't handle trade threads.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

LOL  I didn't quit anything.  I chose not to spend two weeks reading stupidity.  I prefer to talk hockey, not sift through "Tim Gleason And Tuomo Ruutu Were Born To Be Bruins" and "Dustin Brown?" threads.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nice job, you wuss : A guy who's too chicken to fight is a wuss. Someone willing to fight the toughest opponent isn't a wuss regardless of whether he's not as tough as you'd like him to be.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Nah, he's a wuss. he stopped fighting before he was killed or standing over a dead body.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Okay, I'm done.

Agree to disagree.

I guess that makes me a quitter. lol

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

NAS is way out of control on this one! He's taken his dis-like to a whole new level! NAS. I always respect your opinion, but you've lost it on this one. You usually have very good points towards your agruments, but not on this one. Your arguments are lame & you're reaching (or swinging) at empty air. Sorry dude, you're one of my favs, but you're way off on this.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nice job, you wuss : LOL  I didn't quit anything.  I chose not to spend two weeks reading stupidity.  I prefer to talk hockey, not sift through "Tim Gleason And Tuomo Ruutu Were Born To Be Bruins" and "Dustin Brown?" threads.

You were one of the smart ones! LOL...Hey wait a minute...I wanted Dustin Brown..Up yours NAS!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nice job, you wuss : Not stickin' up for NAS but Lucic vs. Orr is one of my most hated fights, Looch looked like a puss. Don't care if your nose is on your back, Looch has never been the same since he bailed on that one, guys like Neely got more pss'd if you hurt them.
    Posted by number08[/QUOTE]

Umm...never been the same?

Please review:

http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/2638

Since that fight in 2010 he has scored over 52 goals, won a cup and fought and won against:

John Esrkine, Cody McCormack, Jim Vandermeer, Jay Rosehill, Matt Carkner, and Tom Sestito.

I am not sure how he has "never been the same" unless you mean his game has improved exponentially.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nice job, you wuss : LOL  I didn't quit anything.  I chose not to spend two weeks reading stupidity.  I prefer to talk hockey, not sift through "Tim Gleason And Tuomo Ruutu Were Born To Be Bruins" and "Dustin Brown?" threads.

AHA ! so you did read them. Busted ! Wuss.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nice job, you wuss : You often write about my desire for attention and my overall goal in posting.  I don't recall ever meeting you in person, or speaking with you.  You don't know me. 

Wrong.  I was the guy who swooped in on your date at the senior prom, wowed her with my salsa dancing, and then nailed her in your limo.  Remember? ;)

NAS, I don't think you need the attention, but I also don't think you actually believe that Shawn Thornton is a "wuss".  That's dumb.  I think part of the fun you have here is throwing up posts to rip on people like Thornton (while exaggeragting about how bad they are) to get the masses riled up.  Otherwise it makes no sense.  Thornton may have questionable hockey skill, but he ain't no wuss.  And you know it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yaso#7. Show Yaso#7's posts

First: 2/9/2012
    Last: 3/3/2012
    I'll take that wuss Shawn Thornton on my team any day of the week!
    Posted by MrVmax

He's not much good without the B's MVP, Gregory "the ticket" Campbell to provide immunity for that lame macho act. Besides that, ever sense Kassian slapped him around, it looks like even the juice isn't helping him. This will be his last season in Bettmans Hockey League...

REALLY?   Are you stupid, mentally slow or just a Dick?

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Nice job, you wuss:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nice job, you wuss : Feel free to ask ST's teamates, the coach, and the GM what they think of ST. they are filled with veteran guys that play good defense, can block shots, sometimes fight, but generally just grind down the other team and not be a huge liability out there. 4th liners aren't even thinking of scoring most of the time--they are looking for other measures of success: get a faceoff in the offensive zone draw a penalty get a big hit win a fight block some shots do not give up odd-man rushes. Posted by Olsonic[/QUOTE]

Name some moments when ST "gets a faceoff in the offensive zone, draw a penalty, get a big hit, block some shots, do not give up odd-man rushes" during the finals, last years playoffs or this season ?

Please enlighten me some more...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nice job, you wuss : Name some moments when ST "gets a faceoff in the offensive zone, draw a penalty, get a big hit, block some shots, do not give up odd-man rushes" during the finals, last years playoffs or this season ? Please enlighten me some more...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Oh no.  He did much more than that.  He bounced up and down on the bench and said a lot of words of encouragement to his teammates.  He also skated as fast as he could when he was on the ice and checked some guys after they had passed the puck.

And therefore, the B's won the Cup.  Without that sort of amazing feat of hockey, there was no way a victory was in the cards.