Nice pass Horton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Re: Nice pass Horton

Savard could have 20 assists by now if Horton could bury his chances.  Horton has looked about as offensively skilled as George Laraque for the last 5 weeks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Tonight was Horton's worse game I've seen him play with the Bruins.
    Had a couple of chances and did not bury them but my problem with him was he caused 2 goals against.  1st and 3rd Sabre goals.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Horton has become the same player he was in FLA. I really thought he would change coming to Boston. Now they have Wheeler, Ryder & Horton who should be lighting it up and all we see is Ryder once in a while putting one in. With the B's record it seems to me complacency is the key word here.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

At least Horton is getting chances. I will give him credit, on Seides goal, he was right in front of the net for the screen and rebound. I have hope he will turn it around.

Seguin, on the other hand, is invisible most nights. I'll cut him some slack being the youngest guy on the team, but he flat out stated his desire to play with the big boys... SO HE NEEDS TO MAN-UP!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

In Response to Re: Nice pass Horton:
    [QUOTE]Tonight was Horton's worse game I've seen him play with the Bruins. Had a couple of chances and did not bury them but my problem with him was he caused 2 goals against.  1st and 3rd Sabre goals.  
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

THat line is a trainwreck in there end & were terrible tonight. I am not impressed with Nathan Horton at all. No wonder Florida moved him. Wideman almost has the same amount of points as Horton.

How about Marc Savards backcheck on the 1st goal? Absolutely disgraceful. That is why you don't win with players like Savard. Who cares if he is making the odd no look pass. He is absolutely terrible in his own end as were his linemates tonight. Savard is only concerned with padding his stats.

Horton can't carry the puck & has limited hockey sense. Horton should change his game to just get open & fire the shot. He has to start getting his shot off quicker too.

How long is Julien going to force feed us Savard as the supposed top center on this team. I wish Neely had his way & moved this guy. The old Randy Moss effect.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Sorry, Savard not to blame lately at all... I agree with cadaver that his stats would look pretty if his mates could bury his feeds!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

[QUOTE]At least Horton is getting chances. I will give him credit, on Seides goal, he was right in front of the net for the screen and rebound. I have hope he will turn it around. Seguin, on the other hand, is invisible most nights. I'll cut him some slack being the youngest guy on the team, but he flat out stated his desire to play with the big boys... SO HE NEEDS TO MAN-UP!
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

Seguin is 18 yrs old learning a new position while playing in the best league in the world.

If Claude Julien held other guys accountable like he do Tyler Seguin maybe this team wouldn't have such a country club atmoshere where certain players feel they can do know wrong & suffer no consequences. Easy for CJ to hold an 18 yr old accountable yet certain veterans can make mistake after mistake.

Seguin & Rask have the most raw talent on this team. Hopefully Julien doesn't ruin them before they get to harness it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

I'm starting to think David Krejci works better as a concept.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

[QUOTE]Sorry, Savard not to blame lately at all... I agree with cadaver that his stats would look pretty if his mates could bury his feeds!

Did you see his effort on the backcheck on the 1st goal?

I wish he would give the same effort in the defensive zone that he do in the offensive zone. He is like a corvette going up & a chevette coming back.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nice pass Horton : Seguin is 18 yrs old learning a new position while playing in the best league in the world. If Claude Julien held other guys accountable like he do Tyler Seguin maybe this team wouldn't have such a country club atmoshere where certain players feel they can do know wrong & suffer no consequences. Easy for CJ to hold an 18 yr old accountable yet certain veterans can make mistake after mistake. Seguin & Rask have the most raw talent on this team. Hopefully Julien doesn't ruin them before they get to harness it.
    Posted by Newfiebullet[/QUOTE]

CJ is giving Seguin his time. I AM HOLDING HIM ACCOUNTABLE (if you're not going to score then win some battles along the wall or something!) Are we supposed to scrap the season to give him more time on our top line and PP?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

With the winning record all some see is how great they look in the standings when the reality is this is what you get when a team like Buffalo comes to play. They are a middle of the road team unless Thomas bails them out. Julien is not the answer as I and many have said for a long time. If they go out west and get their clocks cleaned maybe Neely will have no choice but to straighten this weak team out.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nice pass Horton : CJ is giving Seguin his time. I AM HOLDING HIM ACCOUNTABLE (if you're not going to score then win some battles along the wall or something!) Are we supposed to scrap the season to give him more time on our top line and PP?

No problem holding him accountable. My problem is with CJ not holding guys like Recchi & Ryder accountable when they mess up. Seguin looks in over his head at times. But CJs loyalty to certain veterans is the main issue. Everyone, including Seguin, should be held accountable. It just seems CJ is more willing to do it with Seguin.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

What lesson do you teach Recchi by sitting him? He's been around long enough and proven himself... he's gonna make mistakes like anyone else, but he ain't getting better by sitting him. Seguin needs to sit a game or two. While he's watching let him ask himself if he really can play at this level.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Recchi needs sit period!!!!!!!! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

[QUOTE]What lesson do you teach Recchi by sitting him? He's been around long enough and proven himself... he's gonna make mistakes like anyone else, but he ain't getting better by sitting him. Seguin needs to sit a game or two. While he's watching let him ask himself if he really can play at this level.
    Good points Newfiebullet as compared to this guy who is out to lunch.  A veteran can play like crap but he still plays because he has nothing to learn.  Say what?  Let Seguin play - the kid can play at this level and would be better if the CJ (Mr. Non-Motivator) would show some confidence in him.  As he gets stronger over the next couple of years he will start to win more battles on the board.  In the meantime he can actually shoot a puck so why not give him a little powerplay time.  Oh that is right that might mean taking pp minutes away from lazy Ryder.  Now we know CJ won't do that and Bruin guy in Jersey has already stated that veterans can't learn anything by sitting so I doubt he would be on board with Tyler getting pp time in place of easy Ryder.  Unbelievable is the only word that comes to mind,  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

The decision to play Seguin on the wing is an idiotic one at best. He's not built to play along the boards and win puck battles, thats not his game. Sure Seguin has played some wing before, but pretty much all of his success has come at centre.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from deejm2112. Show deejm2112's posts

I agree there, Savards coming up with some real good feeds lately, Horton did blow a few. For me that was the most frustrating part of tonights game. Horton should have walked away with at least 2 gaols tonight.

[QUOTE]Sorry, Savard not to blame lately at all... I agree with cadaver that his stats would look pretty if his mates could bury his feeds!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]The decision to play Seguin on the wing is an idiotic one at best. He's not built to play along the boards and win puck battles, thats not his game. Sure Seguin has played some wing before, but pretty much all of his success has come at centre.
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie[/QUOTE]
    You do know it's the centre's job to work all 4 corners.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Poor Horton....I feel for him....He has to be asking himself, what does it take for me to score....I still like him on the team, he hussles and tries hard, hes getting chances, so he is doing something right.....Just not scoring.

So, you guys are upset he made few bad passes last night. It happens get over it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Horton missed a breakaway.. is clearly trying to hard.. Savard i thought played well last night..

not sure how horton is to blame on two goals the last two were mistakes from the blue line one on kampfer, the other may have been on him as well but not sure he was the player on the ice (the turnover on the vanek goal)..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I was surprised people were so happy to get Horton, to be honest. Wideman may have had a bad season after a great one the year before, but I was never sold on Horton as a 30+ goal scoring winger.

I hope he improves, but he's as streaky as Ryder is.

This team needs consistent wing production.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FerenceONpoint. Show FerenceONpoint's posts

[QUOTE]See where I'm going?  It doesn't hurt to think outside the box and take a chance on a trade for a real scorer at wing.  Who it is, I dunno....BUT the " no big moves philosophy " at the deadline 3 years and counting has NOT yielded success in the playoffs.  This time PC should think of making a splash.
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

Great point.  A splash has to be made.  Too many inconsistent forwards.

Another great point, poster earlier: "I'm starting to think David Krejci works better as a concept."  Where are the points here.  He can dipsy-doodle through the neutral zone and "matrix" around the ice till the cows come home, but when does it start to translate into point production???

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Hendy,
    ryder played well till last nights game, something like 4 goals in the last 5?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

[QUOTE]At least Horton is getting chances. I will give him credit, on Seides goal, he was right in front of the net for the screen and rebound. I have hope he will turn it around. Seguin, on the other hand, is invisible most nights. I'll cut him some slack being the youngest guy on the team, but he flat out stated his desire to play with the big boys... SO HE NEEDS TO MAN-UP!

But he is not a MAN. He is a boy. Can't expect one from the other.
    He is 1 to 2 yrs away, much like Big Joe was at that age.

Sections
Shortcuts