Nice work Tuukka!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Nice work Tuukka!

big win for Tuuka, big win for the team, big game for the top line...this was as important a victory as any so far this team. They needed a win (not an overtime tie)..It may have clicked on the light for Tuuka and for Horton, who was in a miserable scoring slump. It's a team game, and the B's defensemen did better tonight at clearing the puck after shots. I'm happy for Tuuka, and I certainly did not think he would have started tonight, and did not expect much after flailing v. Buffalo. Something ticked though for him. He made some brilliant saves, a few Thomas like on the ice. That's important to his confidence and CJ's confidence in resting Thomas...It's about wins. Good road trip for the B's, 8 points out of 10

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I want both goaltenders rested and sharp for a deep run into the playoffs! "Good road trip for the B's, 8 points out of 10" AWESOME!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Nice work Tuukka!:
    [QUOTE]I hope the B's play him until he loses, or has an off night. This way TT gets the rest. Thomas also always plays better when he's being pushed! Let him see the kid start to get into a groove. Then hopefully PC & Essensa can knock some sense into the moron & tell him how to properly use these two goalies.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]
    No one can say he doesn't have the ability to steal games anymore.He was great tonight.As a goalie,you know how hard it is to stop a guy coming at you full speed.Can't fault him for that goal.I liked that he seemed relaxed and didn't try to do too much other than letting the puck hit him.Give him next start for sure.After that they can let the stats decide game to game.Rask happenned to have terrific numbers against the Leafs in his career so that,no doubt,likely came into play when choosing tonight's starter.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from north1234. Show north1234's posts

agree with all of the above posts...man that is sweet to see rask play well..ive been on his case a lot but  tonight he restored my confidence in him..good for horton also..boy he did a lot of work on that goal....super night ...bruins win and CANADA JUNIORS DOMINATE.....swwwwwwwwweeeeet..........

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

I want to see this team steam roll the Canadiens on Saturday!  THAT'S the win we need.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I certainly did not think he would have started tonight,

By the sounds of it. Essensa had a lot to do with Rask getting another chance.

I thought it was a perfect game for Rask. He got some shots, not an over abundance of difficult ones, but just enough to get him settled. The B's did a good job of keeping things to the outside. He got to feel some pucks, found a little niche to get into. A good jumpstart for him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jman4. Show jman4's posts

I had a feeling CJ would put him in tonight. TT could even use the rest and Rask play against Wild at home with the positive crowd.

Go B's

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

.As a goalie,you know how hard it is to stop a guy coming at you full speed.Can't fault him for that goal.

Dez it was a good goal. The hardest shots to stop.

1. screens
    2. deflections
    3. backhanders when the skater is in motion
    4. A deke where the shooter places the puck perfectly along the ice after forcing the goalie to open up the legs.
    Not every goalie can get into the complete splits immediately. When I say complete I mean including the crotch area. One of the best is Kipper of the Flames. Hannu Toivinen was great at it before he got injured. The few times I watched him in St. Louis he didn't seem to do it as well. Tuukka can do it; but it's more of a gradual motion.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Nice work Tuukka!:
    [QUOTE].As a goalie,you know how hard it is to stop a guy coming at you full speed.Can't fault him for that goal. Dez it was a good goal. The hardest shots to stop. 1. screens 2. deflections 3. backhanders when the skater is in motion 4. A deke where the shooter places the puck perfectly along the ice after forcing the goalie to open up the legs. Not every goalie can get into the complete splits immediately. When I say complete I mean including the crotch area. One of the best is Kipper of the Flames. Hannu Toivinen was great at it before he got injured. The few times I watched him in St. Louis he didn't seem to do it as well. Tuukka can do it; but it's more of a gradual motion.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]
    I just know,as a shooter,it's very advantageous when you pick up a pass and you're at full stride from the blue line in.Way easier than a penalty shot where you pick up a stationary puck and then try to get your momentum going.If you're already flying  it's just a quick deke one way or the other and the goalie's got to open up.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Nice to see Tuukka serve a nice big "shut the #*(% up" to the Tuukka bashers out there.

Here here for the goalie tandem.

A lot of chances for the Leafs and Tuukka bailed out a lot of sloppy play, but nothing to complain about here -- a 5 game road trip without a loss!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Nice to see Tuukka serve a nice big "shut the #*(% up" to the Tuukka bashers out there.   Here here for the goalie tandem. A lot of chances for the Leafs and Tuukka bailed out a lot of sloppy play, but nothing to complain about here -- a 5 game road trip without a loss!
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    True that Fletch.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

Solid game.  He definitely needs more action.  Maybe not 50-50, but 70-30 would be good.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

Great game for Tuukka. He looked very composed tonight. He shook off the Buffalo game and focused on what he had to do tonight. I'd like to see Rask start vs. Minnesota and come back with Thomas vs. Montreal. CJ needs to get a rotation going so both goalies can stay sharp. They have a hellacious schedule the rest of this month. I wouldn't complain if they went with a 50/50 split for the rest of the month. It gives Rask the necessary games and Timmy some rest.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Rask really looked sharp tonight... I just want to see him put a few more nights like this together to build his confidence and give Thomas some competition for the number 1 spot!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

I never doubted Rask's confidence. He's as cool as they come in regards to handling the pressure. It was his mechanics I was concerned about. Based on his performance I'd say he's back on track and should be part of a much more even rotation.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I didn't think he got tested so greatly as to be sure, but he definitely looked more like last-year's Rask last night.  I hope he keeps it up.

It will be interesting to see how much of Thomas' recent struggles have been fatigue and how much have been his game coming back to human levels.  If exhaustion is a big part of it, Rask playing well may be essential for the team even making the playoffs, as tight as things are right now (they may be in 3rd, but are only 7 points ahead of 9th place Carolina).

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]Great game for Tuukka. He looked very composed tonight. He shook off the Buffalo game and focused on what he had to do tonight. I'd like to see Rask start vs. Minnesota and come back with Thomas vs. Montreal. CJ needs to get a rotation going so both goalies can stay sharp. They have a hellacious schedule the rest of this month. I wouldn't complain if they went with a 50/50 split for the rest of the month. It gives Rask the necessary games and Timmy some rest.
    Posted by BruWingFan[/QUOTE]

you say 50/50 split for the rest of the month. i say you'd need a crystall ball to know that. i think they should go with who's hot. rask started the season and tt stole his job with insane performances. now, tt's numbers have come down to earth. maybe rask will put up insane numbers and take the job again. it's all about winning. when you have a hot goalie, you go with him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

I was at the game last night and it didn't look very good early. Tuuka looked tentative at times and seemed to have a tough time controlling the puck. A couple of times when he handled the puck to clear it........it almost cost the B's a goal. Thankfully, as the game went on, he seemed to settle down.

Glad to see he got the W and hopefully regained some confidence. B's will need him to play solid down the stretch.....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

[QUOTE]I was at the game last night and it didn't look very good early. Tuuka looked tentative at times and seemed to have a tough time controlling the puck. A couple of times when he handled the puck to clear it........it almost cost the B's a goal. Thankfully, as the game went on, he seemed to settle down. Glad to see he got the W and hopefully regained some confidence. B's will need him to play solid down the stretch.....
    Posted by 4everbruins[/QUOTE]
    I agree. He looked shaky for a while, but better later. He needs more ice time, but TT is the best goalie in hockey right now, so what are you going to do. Send him down for a conditioning stint? Not likely.

TT is the man.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

OK guys, settle down now.  Its not like Tuukka faced 40+ shots from the Flyers, Pens or Caps.  It was a HORRIBLE Leafs team that really didnt have many great chances.  I think the Leafs had 37 sog, but I dont know if I beleive it.  Seemed like they only had about 20.

Either way, lets not get too worked up and start the "I told you Rask was the man" crap, a 2-1 win over the Leafs isnt exactly impressive.  Nobody looked great last night, Rask included.

Its a step in the right direction for Tuukka for sure, but Im holding off on the praise for now.  He needs to show MUCH more than he showed last night, and Im all for giving him the opportunity to do so, just not against good teams.....yet.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

TT is getting back to the 5 hole flop!!!!!!  Rask will be needed ASAP.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]OK guys, settle down now.  Its not like Tuukka faced 40+ shots from the Flyers, Pens or Caps.  It was a HORRIBLE Leafs team that really didnt have many great chances.  I think the Leafs had 37 sog, but I dont know if I beleive it.  Seemed like they only had about 20. Either way, lets not get too worked up and start the "I told you Rask was the man" crap, a 2-1 win over the Leafs isnt exactly impressive.  Nobody looked great last night, Rask included. Its a step in the right direction for Tuukka for sure, but Im holding off on the praise for now.  He needs to show MUCH more than he showed last night, and Im all for giving him the opportunity to do so, just not against good teams.....yet.
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]

Yeah it was a horrible Leafs team, but as usual the Bruins played very sloppy in front of Tuukka.  I saw horrible defensive zone turnovers (Thornton, McQuaid to name a few), breakaways, 2 on 1s, etc.  The Leafs could have easily had 4 goals in the 1st period. 

For anyone to say that Tuukka was anything less than great last night tells me that they either did not watch the game or were not paying attention.  Even NESN listed the scoring chances at 5-1 in favor of the Leafs in the first period. 

Tuukka stole a game, and it is about time he stole one.  But give the guy credit when it is due.

The guy gives up one clean breakaway goal on 37 shots and turns away MANY good chances and you say "he needs to show MUCH more than he did last night"???  Are you nuts?  Watch the game.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

shades of tuukka past,no? play him thursday...reward him with montreal if he has another good game(win). what a great luxury to have these two!!!!go b's-hittem' hard