Nick Johnson--sweet hands and proven NHL scoring

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Nick Johnson--sweet hands and proven NHL scoring

From what I saw, he's pulled ahead of the pack for 3rd line duty. I'd like a line of him, Caron, and Kelly or him, Sods and Kelly. Actually if we can move Kelly I'd really like Soderberg, Caron, and Johnson. I'm still somewhat peeved at Kelly's total lack of production last year. Spooner is looking great as well.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Nick Johnson--sweet hands and proven NHL scoring

In response to OrrEspoCash's comment:

From what I saw, he's pulled ahead of the pack for 3rd line duty. I'd like a line of him, Caron, and Kelly or him, Sods and Kelly. Actually if we can move Kelly I'd really like Soderberg, Caron, and Johnson. I'm still somewhat peeved at Kelly's total lack of production last year. Spooner is looking great as well.

Just to be clear, 'what you saw' was one exhibition game against some Montreal prospects, right?  Not the rest of Nick Johnson's career?

He looked good last night, but he's been playing pro hockey for 6 years and has never stuck anywhere.  What do you mean by 'proven NHL scoring'?

You could be right, but there's a big file on him already, which doesn't get re-written because of one good exhibition game.  I wouldn't say he's pulled ahead of anyone yet.  Half of his competitors for that 3rd line spot haven't played a game yet.

I do think he helped his slim chances of making the roster last night.  It'll take a lot more.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Hang on a second.  I have to google "Nick Johnson NHL".

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

"Despite his successful season with the Wild, Johnson was released as a free agent and on July 11, 2012, he was signed on a one-year, two-way deal with the Phoenix Coyotes. With the NHL lockout in affect, Johnson signed for a brief stint with the Idaho Steelheads of the ECHL. Upon conclusion of the lockout he was assigned to AHL affiliate, the Portland Pirates. He was later recalled by the Coyotes in the shortened 2012–13 season and appeared in 17 games for the Coyotes before on March 13, 2013, he was put on waivers and re-assigned to Portland.

On July 5, 2013, Johnson was signed to a one-year, two-way contract with the Boston Bruins."

Maybe he should have signed with Florida.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

Proven NHL scoring????  He has 14 goals in 104 NHL games.

And to think I rated Crosby and Stamkos ahead of Johnson in my NHL hockey draft, what was I thinking?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

"Despite his successful season with the Wild, Johnson was released as a free agent and on July 11, 2012, he was signed on a one-year, two-way deal with the Phoenix Coyotes. With the NHL lockout in affect, Johnson signed for a brief stint with the Idaho Steelheads of the ECHL. Upon conclusion of the lockout he was assigned to AHL affiliate, the Portland Pirates. He was later recalled by the Coyotes in the shortened 2012–13 season and appeared in 17 games for the Coyotes before on March 13, 2013, he was put on waivers and re-assigned to Portland.

On July 5, 2013, Johnson was signed to a one-year, two-way contract with the Boston Bruins."

Maybe he should have signed with Florida.

Are you making light of the 8 goals he scored during that full season he played with Minnesota, before he was released, and signed on with the Idaho Steelheads?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

to review, we have 2 former Coyotes named Johnson. Maybe Stanley got the 2 confused? Either way, what are chances they both stick? Not good.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to 49thparallel's comment:

to review, we have former Coyotes named Johnson. Maybe Stanley got the 2 confused? Either way, what are chances they both stick? Not good.

The OP's opinion is so bad you thought it was Stanley.

Classic.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

No, just thought his love for Chad was actually meant for Nick all along.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Haha--you  guys'll be eating your crow sandwiches in about a month when the 3rd line is complete. Like some mustard on that?

I think he lost a couple of Chicklets Fred--The Turk

The goal isn't for the Bruins to take a beating for the team, it's to cause the opponents to take a beating for theirs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

OEC=Stanley jr.

***Follow Fluto on twitter.  He's awesome.***

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

goodnews, your next intelligent statement will be celebrated as your first! Can't wait...

The goal isn't for the Bruins to take a beating for the team, it's to cause the opponents to take a beating for theirs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to OrrEspoCash's comment:

Haha--you  guys'll be eating your crow sandwiches in about a month when the 3rd line is complete. Like some mustard on that?

I think everyone would like that.  I would.  

It just doesn't seem likely to me.  You should explain why you think it will happen (besides last night).  I'd be interested.  I'll credit you for being the first to see it if it happens, okay?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

wow. look, the guy could wind up having a really good camp and making the team, but to say he's a proven NHL scorer is beyond absurd. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Drafted in 2004, he has 14 NHL goals.

Come on guys.  This is the Boston Bruins, not the Florida Panthers.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Drafted in 2004, he has 14 NHL goals.

Come on guys.  This is the Boston Bruins, not the Florida Panthers.

Other people drafted in the same year, same round with more NHL goals than Nick Johnson (drafted third round 67 overall):

Brandon Prust-70th overall.  NHL Goal total-29

Alex Edler-91st overall. NHL Goal total-91

Johan Franzen-97th overall. NHL Goal total-164.

Perspective.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Nice stats, Davey.  A semi-goon and a defenseman have more stats than this proven NHL scorer.

What a joke.

Trade him to the Panthers.  Tallon will make a deal.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Cheap 1st one on Price , he's getting crucified in Montreal and he got lucky on the breakway where he put it on Price and puck came back on his stick.

Now, there is a possibility he makes a push for an open spot but I still feel it'll go to either Smith, Fraser (has to have better game) or Caron too bad Spooner is a center , Soderberg seems has that spot thus far.

and now I will wait for OrrEspo's usual insults.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

His (OP) comment is as bad as the rest of the comments people make about every other young prospect the B's have, who have yet to prove themselves in the NHL. Someone sees a flash of brilliance and theyre the next player to make a line in the B's Roster. Some players take more time than others to make the jump, but for most, its not meant to be.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Nick Johnson looked like a guy who has played in the NHL playing against guys who haven't.  He's big, fast and good positionally.  Sweet hands? LMAO.  He looks like a solid spare part, and you never know he could thrive under Julien.  However, if he makes the team over more talented/prized prospects like Smith, Fraser, Spooner or Caron, I would view this somewhat as a failure.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Funny how a guy scores 2 goals against AHLers,  a bad Price and he becomes an instant "legend" .  Just saw some other comments on another thread.

That brings me to Thornton, the guys is 36 years old !!!! ???? !!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

It's been so long since we had a proper training camp including preseason games I forgot how lioopy some people can get after seeing a player just once in a meaningless game.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from schlich. Show schlich's posts

I have a rule:  Only 1 Johnson. 

I am extending the rule to include the Bruins roster.

Sections
Shortcuts