Nicklas Lidstrom- 2nd best DMan ever?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Nicklas Lidstrom- 2nd best DMan ever?

In Response to Re: Nicklas Lidstrom- 2nd best DMan ever?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nicklas Lidstrom- 2nd best DMan ever? : No love for Hunwick either.  Imagine that!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Your right NAS, Leetch belongs in the conversation with Hunwick.
    another stupid post by NAS...Imagine That!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Dennis Potvin was pretty special. I didn't like the Islanders but you had to admire his complete game. Points, hits, & leadership. Excellent Dman in all zones.
    4 Straight Cups, and 5 Straight Cup Finals.

As for Lidstrom, you will really notice it when he retires, or his play drops off from old age. My guess is Detroit is a shadow of the power house they've always been, without him. Then you'll know how Great he is.

WE all know Bourque so no explaination is necessary. A good friend and I were at the game that Kasper benched Neely and Stevens, and we got talking about Bourque. He isn't a Bruin Fan. He made a point about Bourque, and it probably holds true for most really good defensemen. Ray wasn't a game changer, like Coffee or Orr were. Now Coffee isn't in Ray's class Defensively, but he could do an end to end at will, and the only time I can remeber Ray doing it was the series they finally knocked off the habs. It isn't a put down, just an observation. I'd sign him for my team anyday of the week, 3 times over.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nicklas Lidstrom- 2nd best DMan ever? : Your right NAS, Leetch belongs in the conversation with Hunwick. another stupid post by NAS...Imagine That!!
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

So typical of the current culture of this message board.

Poster A:  Some stupid idea.

Me:  Wow, that idea is stupid.

Poster A:  NAS is stupid.

Brian Leetch might sneak into the Top 10 all time if 33% of the people voting are Rangers fans. 

He belongs in the #2 All-Time conversation as much as Hunwick:  0%.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Perry,

Potvin was as good as you are saying and I believe some would put him in the conversation.  I find his career interesting b/c as dominant as those Islander teams were they always seemed to get drowned by the Oilers.  Potvin no doubt was a special player. 
    Its funny when you say that when Lidstrom gets old.  He is old.  Haha.  Its amazing he may win the Norris this year.  Its amazing that he has never had a drop off year.  He is an amazing talent and still playing at an extremely high level.  He hasnt said he is coming back next year although I imagine he will.  But he likely is finished in a years time.  I don't think I appreciated his skill until recent yrs.  Mainly b/c I don't like Detroit(love the way they play-don't like the team). 

It truly has been a fantastic career.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

NAS,
    Never said Leetch was #2 all time. he definetly belongs in the top 10 all-time.
    7th all time defenseman scoring
    2 Norris trophies
    1 Conn Smythe
    1 Calder trophy
    9 seasons not 1 game missed
    9 all-star games
    1 year of 80 assists
    1 year of 72 assists
    1 year of 70 assists

I'm no Ranger fan but I'd say with a resume like that he deserves mention in top 10 all time for NHL defenseman.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Leetch would be in the top 10 conversation for sure.  I think there are so many good dmen.  I mean I absolutely love Scott Stevens and i am not sure he would be in be in the top 20 list.  But if I had to pick 6 dmen I sure would look at him for sure.  he didnt change the game with pts as much as all the big guys.  But he may be one of the most physical players to ever play on the backend.  But then you look at Phil Housley or Larry Murphy who had a lot of pts and I would bink an eye at either of them. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]NAS, Never said Leetch was #2 all time. he definetly belongs in the top 10 all-time. 7th all time defenseman scoring 2 Norris trophies 1 Conn Smythe 1 Calder trophy 9 seasons not 1 game missed 9 all-star games 1 year of 80 assists 1 year of 72 assists 1 year of 70 assists I'm no Ranger fan but I'd say with a resume like that he deserves mention in top 10 all time for NHL defenseman.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

The topic is:  #2 defenseman of all time.

"No love for Brian Leetch? I think he has to be in the conversation."

I'm sure you can understand my confusion.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Good call on the Scott Stevens. raised his game in the playoffs too. I know he had Brodeur in net,defensive minded coaches and Neidermeyer as a partner but anyone who watched him on a regular basis knows what he meant to his team. Not just a big hitter either. I'd put him in that second tier with Chelios,Murphy,Housley,Rob Blake,MacInnis,Pronger..I'm missing some for sure.
    Loved those Stevens-Lindros battles.

Sections
Shortcuts