Niederreiter asks to be traded

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Niederreiter asks to be traded

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/story/_/id/8869595/nino-niederreiter-seeks-traded-new-york-islanders-source-says

I love this kids game. Not sure what it would take to get him, and you never know with Garth Snow, he might want 3 NHL goalies in return. Wishful thinking, but would love to see the B's land this kid....

This is an interesting situation, wouldnt shock me if he were swapped for P.K Subban in a package deal.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Re: Niederreiter asks to be traded

1 point in 55 games last year, definitely wasn't ready. I'd be hesitant to give up too much for him if I were a GM.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I think he's too young to have trade demands kel. If he's making demands now,imagine what he might act like once he tastes a bit of success. I will admit though that turris is doing well as a Senator.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

I think he's too young to have trade demands kel. If he's making demands now,imagine what he might act like once he tastes a bit of success. I will admit though that turris is doing well as a Senator.

True dez, but you never know what goes on behind the scenes. His agent could be telling him how it's never going to happen on Long Island and he needs to get somewhere else. Either way, good young player.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

True dez, but you never know what goes on behind the scenes. His agent could be telling him how it's never going to happen on Long Island and he needs to get somewhere else. Either way, good young player.

I agree there's no questioning the kids talent. I certainly noticed him in the rookie games 2 years back and I am a bit surprised he isn't up with the big club right now

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

1 goal in 55 games ...geee good thing that this kid has talent ..what would it be without talent ??  Isnt that worst than Scott Gomez ??

what Pc should offer ??  A bag of used sticks ??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

1 goal in 55 games ...geee good thing that this kid has talent ..what would it be without talent ??  Isnt that worst than Scott Gomez ??

what Pc should offer ??  A bag of used sticks ??

Too bad we don't have Wheeler anymore......he'd be a perfect fit for trade bait!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If i'm the GM I do everything to get rid of him no matter what but not for nothing. So if the return isn't good his agent is told "tuff S***!".

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I liked what I saw of him as a junior, but for the Bruins to get him?  Yeah, in theory, it's always nice to add a guy who's still a kid and who was a very highly touted prospect, but I just don't see the logic.  Guy can't make a dent in the Islanders' roster.  That's not good.  There's also the question of who Boston would deal for him.  They don't have a comparable player - a high recent pick who seems stalled - and, in fact, the only prospect the Bruins have right now who might be even remotely attractive in a trade like this is Spooner.  Logic removes Hamilton from the mix.  You might get some traction with Camara, but how much stock will teams put in what he's done riding with Scheifele? He wouldn't be the centrepiece.  That means moving a roster player and you know my mantra is that you never weaken a contending team to acquire potential. 

My guess is that Columbus is a player (if the Isles don't tell NN to sit and spin).  Reunite him with Johansson (who has looked much more comfortable this year).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I liked what I saw of him as a junior, but for the Bruins to get him?  Yeah, in theory, it's always nice to add a guy who's still a kid and who was a very highly touted prospect, but I just don't see the logic.  Guy can't make a dent in the Islanders' roster.  That's not good.  There's also the question of who Boston would deal for him.  They don't have a comparable player - a high recent pick who seems stalled - and, in fact, the only prospect the Bruins have right now who might be even remotely attractive in a trade like this is Spooner.  Logic removes Hamilton from the mix.  You might get some traction with Camara, but how much stock will teams put in what he's done riding with Scheifele? He wouldn't be the centrepiece.  That means moving a roster player and you know my mantra is that you never weaken a contending team to acquire potential. 

My guess is that Columbus is a player (if the Isles don't tell NN to sit and spin).  Reunite him with Johansson (who has looked much more comfortable this year).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Hamill for Niederreiter! Oh, wait...nevermind :p

Intriguing player but not coming to Boston. I like Book's fit in Columbus for the kid.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

WTL, Hamill was waived. We could totally pick him back up and make it happen. I like your style.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

WTL, Hamill was waived. We could totally pick him back up and make it happen. I like your style.

Whooohoooo! Does anyone have PC's number????

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

He was only put on waivers so he could be sent back down to the minors. It doesn't mean the Caps are just giving him away.

http://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-waiver-rules/

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Aw dez, raining on our parade. Boo.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Book, it may not be quite as simple as saying Nino couldn't crack the top 6 of NYI. Perhaps the organization didn't feel it was worth burning a year towards his free agency. He's well ahead of everyone else in Bridgeport in both goals and assists yet he wasn't even invited to camp.  Seems strange to me.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Aw dez, raining on our parade. Boo.

Sorry Lam. I tend to often do that,

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Book, it may not be quite as simple as saying Nino couldn't crack the top 6 of NYI. Perhaps the organization didn't feel it was worth burning a year towards his free agency. He's well ahead of everyone else in Bridgeport in both goals and assists yet he wasn't even invited to camp.  Seems strange to me.

This was my thinking also when they sent Ryan Strome back to juniors. He was the best player in the OHL ( and ready ) IMO.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

They are being greedy because they know as soon as he gets to UFA status he's gone!

Sections
Shortcuts