nitemare-38: Good grief.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

nitemare-38: Good grief.

Whoever did it - if you are going to report someone for advertising or whatever you did, do a little research first.  nitemare-38 is a normal, regular poster here, and did not deserve to be completely deleted.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

Re: nitemare-38: Good grief.

It wasn't me who reported those posts and I feel bad that nitemare had his entire account deleted. I'm sure he'll find a way back to these boards, which is good because most of the time he adds good insight.

That said, I totally disagree with those two posts on selling those jerseys. Last time I checked, this was a forum for talking hockey, not hawking marginal to low quality goods. If I wanted that, I would visit Craigslist. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

What is this shenanigans??
    Does the person who did this have the nads to admit it? I would guess not

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Utterly unacceptable.  If this is a policy decision, I guess they'll have to extend it to include any html link to any product if they want to be consistent.

Don't pay lip service to "community" and then restrict what kind of information-sharing goes on in that community.  Bad decision.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

...and my guess is it was CactusTony.  It's one of those cockroach provisions of the internet that most sites leave obvious loopholes for trolls that undermine the sense of community.

Just in case Cactus reports me, I'll be back as  008, 009, 010, 011 etc.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mexicenfood. Show mexicenfood's posts

I sent an email to Boston.com and I bet im not the only one.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: nitemare-38: Good grief.:
    [QUOTE]I sent an email to Boston.com and I bet im not the only one.
    Posted by mexicenfood[/QUOTE]

Saying what...?  Reporting nitemare or complaining about it?

Tell me you spelled Mexican wrong on purpose...

Apparently the only thing the moderators here are repsonsive to, is the tattleing on regular posters by people with nothing better to do.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I am shocked someone hasnt had me reported and deleted. 

Nite is one of the best ones on here.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

The whole jersey thing seemed harmless enough. Anyone could've just ignored it if they wanted to. The fact is many people were honestly interested.

Silly.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

i would anticipate a new user, nitemare-39, joining the boards in the near future. And even though I've rarely agreed with what he has to say, I will welcome that account with open arms. If he was truly deleted because of the jersey threads, then it's a damn shame, he could have been given a warning, I'm sure he would have deleted them not realizing he was violating TOS. I, for one, thought it would take something like what we see on live game blogs where a user comes in and hawks a website to get banned. And for Mexicen, you have my pity, creating a new username just so you could "admit" it? How about posting with your regular account if you feel so strongly that what you did was right?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

You have got to be bloody kidding me...

I wasn't super interested (curious maybe), mainly because I already have enough jerseys, but other posters were. I agree with NAS. Awarning couldn't suffice?

As for the new poster who can't spell, sure shows some guts to create a new handle to own up for your actions. If it is Cactus (which would go with the theme) then I really have to question the Globe's judgement - they delete the account of a solid poster because  a request by a troll who has been reported by this community countless times? Unbelievable.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Where does the assumptuion that he was reported come from?  Let's pretend that the Mexicen is full of it, and that the Moderators spend a little time on the board.  The posts have been atop this board for a week, clearly visible it would not shock me if they saw it and took action in there own hands.

If this is the case I would consider going to the HHOF or Icemantiz boards that some of you guys regularly talk about it.  Worst case scenario if it completely violates policy, you give Nite warning that it is against policy and you remove the posts.  Removing the user without warning, is absurd.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mexicenfood. Show mexicenfood's posts

I didnt create a new username. This has been my user name since i have been in about middle school. That is why I spelled it like an idiot.

I didnt report him. I reported that the thread was being used to sell an illegal item. I dont care if anyone buys them. You look rediculous in fake sweaters and they are easier to spot than PK Suban. I just dont think a thread that supports a team should be used to sell their knock off merchandise.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Other then complaining is there anyway we could take more control over the punishments dealt out in our "community".  Should we start a post similar to this one which would simply be a petition to the Mods?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Seriously. I am sending off an email also.
    Thanks for the post.

Edited Email sent

Good Afternoon Wally:

Thank you for writing to Boston.com. As a matter of policy, we cannot discuss the status of another user's account with you. The poster you're referring to is more than welcome to contact us directly if he would like further assistance.

Kind regards,

Customer Support Team
    Boston.com

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]I didnt create a new username. This has been my user name since i have been in about middle school. That is why I spelled it like an idiot. I didnt report him. I reported that the thread was being used to sell an illegal item. I dont care if anyone buys them. You look rediculous in fake sweaters and they are easier to spot than PK Suban. I just dont think a thread that supports a team should be used to sell their knock off merchandise.

I still am not sure why some are saying they were knockoffs?  Is this confirmed?  I was under the impression they were official Reebok Replica Jerseys until late last night.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?  If it is true, is that the reason why it is such a big deal?  It does seem there would be a conflict of interest for Boston.com if that were the case.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Considering the garbage some spin on here, nitemare was not offensive in any shape, form, or MATTER.  Dumas decision.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

So you did not report one of our own, but you did report the selling of illegal jerseys? Before you even had 2 posts? Nice. Nite is respected and liked around here. Don't presume to say it is because you look "rediculous" either...and should we report you for what appear to be racial comments?

The term "you are not welcome here" comes to mind.

Leave us hockey fans here to talk hockey. If you are not CactusTony, you should be.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]Other then complaining is there anyway we could take more control over the punishments dealt out in our "community".  Should we start a post similar to this one which would simply be a petition to the Mods?
    Posted by RickyHussle[/QUOTE]
    Nite put up another thread this morning with some pictures of the jerseys.  One poster (not mexicen) made multiple posts about how they were knock-offs.  Nite never addressed the accusation, at least not that I saw before the posts were deleted.

If this had been an account made with only a couple posts all of which were advertisements for a website selling something, I would agree with the deletions.  This was a normal member who thought he was doing something nice for other members.  Maybe he didn't realize they were knock-offs, maybe they weren't.  That's something that should have been addressed through discussion, not banning.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Right, isla - only the count of monte cristo would do something like this...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: nitemare-38: Good grief. : Nite put up another thread this morning with some pictures of the jerseys.  One poster (not mexicen) made multiple posts about how they were knock-offs.  Nite never addressed the accusation, at least not that I saw before the posts were deleted. If this had been an account made with only a couple posts all of which were advertisements for a website selling something, I would agree with the deletions.  This was a normal member who thought he was doing something nice for other members.  Maybe he didn't realize they were knock-offs, maybe they weren't.  That's something that should have been addressed through discussion, not banning.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

I agree and could not have said it better, although I did try.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: nitemare-38: Good grief. : Nite put up another thread this morning with some pictures of the jerseys.  One poster (not mexicen) made multiple posts about how they were knock-offs.  Nite never addressed the accusation, at least not that I saw before the posts were deleted. If this had been an account made with only a couple posts all of which were advertisements for a website selling something, I would agree with the deletions.  This was a normal member who thought he was doing something nice for other members.  Maybe he didn't realize they were knock-offs, maybe they weren't.  That's something that should have been addressed through discussion, not banning.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]
    I don't think I'm deleted. Hey Dr. I said multiple times that these WERE NOT AUTHENTIC! And my friend isn't doing anything illegal & if I'm doing something against policy of this forum. I'll gladly stop.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I didnt create a new username. This has been my user name since i have been in about middle school. That is why I spelled it like an idiot. I didnt report him. I reported that the thread was being used to sell an illegal item. I dont care if anyone buys them. You look rediculous in fake sweaters and they are easier to spot than PK Suban. I just dont think a thread that supports a team should be used to sell their knock off merchandise.
    Spelling ridiculous wrong is a poor start. You've managed to have 1 of the most popular posters banned because he wastrying to do a favour for other posters. Congrats on being the biggest clown on the forum after a single post. If I were you, I'd be careful walking home as karma is a fickle mistress......

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

Hey nitemare, I just found out that you were blocked by one of our Admins because of the commercial activity -- sorry, it's against our policy. Doesn't matter whether the stuff is authentic or not. But we're reinstating you now. Just cool it on the selling if you don't mind. Thanks.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I'm glad he's gone.  I couldn't stand that guy.

Now, if only we could get Shupe banned, this place would be perfect!

Sections
Shortcuts