nitemare-38: Good grief.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Re: nitemare-38: Good grief.

In Response to Re: nitemare-38: Good grief.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: nitemare-38: Good grief. : Spelling ridiculous wrong is a poor start. You've managed to have 1 of the most popular posters banned because he wastrying to do a favour for other posters. Congrats on being the biggest clown on the forum after a single post. If I were you, I'd be careful walking home as karma is a fickle mistress......
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Dez? Are you able to see my threads? This is the 2nd 1 posted; or am I really banned?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Hey nitemare, I just found out that you were blocked by one of our Admins because of the commercial activity -- sorry, it's against our policy. Doesn't matter whether the stuff is authentic or not. But we're reinstating you now. Just cool it on the selling if you don't mind. Thanks.
    Posted by BDCDottie[/QUOTE]
    Hey no problem! I honestly had no idea. I was just trying to get my fellow Bruin fans a decent deal!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]I'm glad he's gone.  I couldn't stand that guy. Now, if only we could get Shupe banned, this place would be perfect!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Thanks NAS! Luv ya 2 A@@ (*)!!! lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Now we're talking. Reason prevails. Good work, BDC.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

BDCDottie.
    Thanks! Nice to know you guys are out there and paying attention.
    We'll put down our pitchforks and torches now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hibachibbq3. Show hibachibbq3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: nitemare-38: Good grief. : I still am not sure why some are saying they were knockoffs?  Is this confirmed?  I was under the impression they were official Reebok Replica Jerseys until late last night. Can anyone confirm or deny this?  If it is true, is that the reason why it is such a big deal?  It does seem there would be a conflict of interest for Boston.com if that were the case.
    Posted by RickyHussle[/QUOTE]

Just so everybody on here is clear, the jerseys Nitemare was seller were, indeed, knockoffs - counterfeits, more appropriately.  He was offering Reebok jerseys with fight-straps for $60.  The only jerseys Reebok makes with fight straps is the RBK EDGE, which is worn on ice by the players and is available (albeit in a slightly different style) to the general public for about $300.  The fact that he could sell these at such a low cost is Clue #1. 

Clue #2 is that jerseys retailers buy these jerseys from Reebok for $150.  The fact that Nitemare was getting these from "a buddy" at 60% off wholesale is a tell-tale sign that they are fake jerseys.

Whether or not he knew he was soliciting fake jerseys is of no object.  Once it became clear to Boston.com, they had no choice to remove the threads and the user.  Whether you know it or not, counterfeit hockey sweaters are a big deal.  The NHL keeps tabs on it and any sites selling such jerseys are shut down by the federal government.  Boston.com had no choice, from a legal standpoint, to shut the thread and the user down.

So don't shoot the messenger, and I'm sure Nitemare will be back.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Thanks BDC.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Why is it that the two people reporting him have less than 5 posts?  My guess, is they don't have the guts to admit it, so they made new accounts to explain themselves.

Anyhow, reason prevailed, welcome back nite, thanks to BDC.

PS. Anyone need a car stereo? 

...aghh, please don't kick me off...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: nitemare-38: Good grief. : Just so everybody on here is clear, the jerseys Nitemare was seller were, indeed, knockoffs - counterfeits, more appropriately.  He was offering Reebok jerseys with fight-straps for $60.  The only jerseys Reebok makes with fight straps is the RBK EDGE, which is worn on ice by the players and is available (albeit in a slightly different style) to the general public for about $300.  The fact that he could sell these at such a low cost is Clue #1.  Clue #2 is that jerseys retailers buy these jerseys from Reebok for $150.  The fact that Nitemare was getting these from "a buddy" at 60% off wholesale is a tell-tale sign that they are fake jerseys. Whether or not he knew he was soliciting fake jerseys is of no object.  Once it became clear to Boston.com, they had no choice to remove the threads and the user.  Whether you know it or not, counterfeit hockey sweaters are a big deal.  The NHL keeps tabs on it and any sites selling such jerseys are shut down by the federal government.  Boston.com had no choice, from a legal standpoint, to shut the thread and the user down. So don't shoot the messenger, and I'm sure Nitemare will be back.
    Posted by hibachibbq3[/QUOTE]

If what your saying is true about these particular Jersey's. Than I was given wrong info. I was told & I quote. "They're made by Reebok. They're replica's of the real thing. Make sure you make it clear that they are NOT authentic!"
    I am an honest person I wouldn't try to rip ANYONE off!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: nitemare-38: Good grief. : Dez? Are you able to see my threads? This is the 2nd 1 posted; or am I really banned?
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]
    You're back Nite. Good to see.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hibachibbq3. Show hibachibbq3's posts

[QUOTE]Why is it that the two people reporting him have less than 5 posts?  My guess, is they don't have the guts to admit it, so they made new accounts to explain themselves. Anyhow, reason prevailed, welcome back nite, thanks to BDC. PS. Anyone need a car stereo?  ...aghh, please don't kick me off...
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Fletcher,
    I'm not reporting anyone.  I saw the post about the Bruins jerseys for sale at the bottom of the boston.com sports page this morning and it caught my eye - clearly I am interested in hockey jerseys. 

After I saw that he was offering a counterfeit product for sale, I figured I'd let people know. 

Obviously I don't post on here very often, but that doesn't give me any less right to post than anyone else, and I'm sure people who were about to pony up a bunch of money to support an offshore counterfeit operation would thank me I did.

I obviously have nothing against you, Nitemare, or anyone else, but the general readership deserved to know these products were not the real deal.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

Glad Nitemare is back ... what a mess.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hibachibbq3. Show hibachibbq3's posts

And just in case anyone is interested, check out How to Spot a Fake Jersey for a brief primer on what to look for.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

Boston.com forum management is filled with fascists; I'll never forget when they banned "Olsonic" for posting too many pictures in a "10 things to do instead of talking about Phil Kessel" thread.

If there were better options, I'd be off these boards, but there aren't.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

The wrong was righted...

Now let's sign Marchand and start defending the Cup...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Glad your back Night.  Thanks BCDottie for fixing this, it gives me hope for future issues in addition to bringing back a knowledgeable member of the community.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]And just in case anyone is interested, check out How to Spot a Fake Jersey for a brief primer on what to look for.
    It turns out that only you and 1 other guy are interested. No one else cares.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Glad your back Night.  Thanks BCDottie for fixing this, it gives me hope for future issues in addition to bringing back a knowledgeable member of the community.
    Posted by RickyHussle[/QUOTE]
    .....and Nitemare too........

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hibachibbq3. Show hibachibbq3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: nitemare-38: Good grief. : .....and Nitemare too........
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I guess the three of us are gonna have to go to Halftime Pizza before a game this year and laugh at all the suckers wearing their knockoff jerseys while we look freshhhhhhhh in our EDGEs (and guzzle 32oz beers).

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hibachibbq3. Show hibachibbq3's posts

Supporting child labor, deplorable working conditions, taking jobs outside of North America, supporting international crime, theft, smuggling, trademark and licensing infringement, taking money away from the NHL, teams, and players.

Not to mention they look like crap and anyone who's paying attention can tell.

But if you overlook all that stuff, nothing I suppose.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: nitemare-38: Good grief. : I guess the three of us are gonna have to go to Halftime Pizza before a game this year and laugh at all the suckers wearing their knockoff jerseys while we look freshhhhhhhh in our EDGEs (and guzzle 32oz beers).

I laugh at anyone that thinks of clothes or accessories as status symbols. Offer me two jerseys that look the same, one authentic, one not, I'll take the cheaper one. Who looks at the tag on a jersey?

As for the BDC taking down the thread, it's hard not to agree with the deletion. Hard for BDC to draw the line.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

[QUOTE]Supporting child labor, deplorable working conditions, taking jobs outside of North America, supporting international crime, theft, smuggling, trademark and licensing infringement, taking money away from the NHL, teams, and players. Not to mention they look like crap and anyone who's paying attention can tell. But if you overlook all that stuff, nothing I suppose.

All laughable - most textiles are made in China with deplorable working conditions, have you been under a rock. Supporting international crime and smuggling? Stealing from millionaires and billionaires?

Thanks hero.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

[QUOTE]Supporting child labor, deplorable working conditions, taking jobs outside of North America, supporting international crime, theft, smuggling, trademark and licensing infringement, taking money away from the NHL, teams, and players. Not to mention they look like crap and anyone who's paying attention can tell. But if you overlook all that stuff, nothing I suppose.

And another point, I have a buddy that works for Reebok and I get jerseys this cheap all the time. It's called being overstocked and knowing the right people.

Sections
Shortcuts