NJ v. Philly-Series Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

NJ v. Philly-Series Thread

Not sure if there already is a thread for this so I am going to create one. Anyone paying attention to this series? I am cheering for Jersey, I love underdogs, but no Kovalchuk spells trouble. Plus JVR is back for the Flyers. One hour till puck drop. Two tough teams. Should be a good one.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Re: NJ v. Philly-Series Thread

Yep, love games between the Atlantic div. teams. Go Devils - favorite of the reamining EC teams.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Yep. I wonder who is going to take Kovalchuk's place? The Devils have used the the same lineup with no changes the whole post-season so far. If Deboer has to play Boulton or Janssen then it is going to hurt them. Those guys are total liabilities out there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Thought I heard they were going 7 D.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Wouldn't surprise me considering the system they play. Expect some PP issues, however. That's where a guy like Kovalchuk makes his money. One-timer at the faceoff dot is his bread and butter.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Some uglyness already. Philly going to get the reputation call. Let's see how the Devils PP is without the big guy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Oh man, Parise should have buried that one!! Partial breakaway. Peter Harrold taking Kovalchuk's spot on the PP? Good luck with that one.

This is a war. Got to love the Flyer crowd!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: NJ v. Philly-Series Thread:
    [QUOTE]Oh man, Parise should have buried that one!! Partial breakaway. Peter Harrold taking Kovalchuk's spot on the PP? Good luck with that one. This is a war. Got to love the Flyer crowd!!
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]
    Good pace so far JM. I hope Hamilton doesn't suffer the same growing pains that Larsson currently seems to be experiencing. For a big guy that can skate he seems weak and a step behind. I know he hasn't played in a long time but that speaks volumes too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Very true Dez. I think the Devils are overplaying the rookie a little too much which is exposing him. I would venture to guess that CJ, being the conservative guy he is, would not do the same with Hamilton.

Philly rookies still impressing. Read scoring this time. Man, getting Couterier 8th in 2011 is starting to look like the steal of the draft.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Very true Dez. I think the Devils are overplaying the rookie a little too much which is exposing him. I would venture to guess that CJ, being the conservative guy he is, would not do the same. Philly rookies still impressing. Read scoring this time. Man, getting Couterier 8th in 2011 is starting to look like the steal of the draft.
    Hard to say until we see how the #9 turns out.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Heh....we probably will not have to wait as long as we think. The 2012-13 season is only few months away.

Philly looks like they are on a mission this year. To bad they will likely falter due to their age-old problem; goaltending.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Heh....we probably will not have to wait as long as we think. The 2012-13 season is only few months away. Philly looks like they are on a mission this year. To bad they will likely falter due to their age-old problem; goaltending.
    It's not a series until someone loses at home. If the Devils can pull out a win tonight then the Flyers might be on their heels when Kova returns.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Maybe but the Devils need to actually score a goal first. They can't seem to get anything going tonight.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Zidlicky's been brutal so far in these first two games...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Larsson!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe but the Devils need to actually score a goal first. They can't seem to get anything going tonight.
    Of all people, Larsson ties it up.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I was just about to mention that!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Clarkson!! I love that guy. NJ not afraid to crash the net. B's take notice.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

NJ smelling blood here. Another goal. What did DeBoer put in their water bottles in between periods?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Flyers PP with just over 4 minutes to go. This is their chance.

Is it just me or does Pierre sound drunk tonight?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Bad call pulling the goalie with 3 minutes left. This game is done.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Well that's it. Devils win 4-1. I admit I was not expecting them to come out and dominate the third period like that, especially without the services of the big man. The backbreaker was pulling Bryz with 3 minutes left and Salvador scoring. This is shaping to be a good series.

Oh, and a message to the rookie Couturier; you do not want to mess with Clarkson, he will put you down.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]Flyers PP with just over 4 minutes to go. This is their chance. Is it just me or does Pierre sound drunk tonight?
    He had just been told before the game that he lost out on the Habs job.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NJ v. Philly-Series Thread : He had just been told before the game that he lost out on the Habs job.
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]
    No wonder he's celebrating.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NJ v. Philly-Series Thread : No wonder he's celebrating.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
    Yeah,i wonder why he would even want that job considering the sweet gig he has on NBC.I guess being french-canadian it would be his dream job.The thing is the Hab faithful will be expecting a Cup next year already, however unreasonable that sounds and they will be upset if he doesn't draft a french guy or a Russian.

Sections
Shortcuts