NJ v. Philly-Series Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: NJ v. Philly-Series Thread

Game on tonight. No word on if Kovalchuk will be playing as of yet. I am going to have to miss the first half of this game but decided to bump the thread anyway. Will be interesting to see how Philly, especially Bryzgalov, responds to the terrible 3rd period they had last game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Looks like Kovalchuk is playing. Good for NJ. Pierre MacGuire making a big deal about Philly being physical. I think he is forgetting the Devils are pretty good in that department too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Flyers diving all over the ice looking for a call, and they get one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Goal by Schenn on the PP. 1-0 Philly.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Action packed game so far. Much like Pens/Philly but with marginally better goaltending. Funny, seems like half the crowd are cheering for the Flyers. NJ still devoid of enough fans to fill their own building I guess.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: NJ v. Philly-Series Thread:
    [QUOTE]Action packed game so far. Much like Pens/Philly but with marginally better goaltending. Funny, seems like half the crowd are cheering for the Flyers. NJ still devoid of enough fans to fill their own building I guess.
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]
    20 seconds and its 2-1 Jersey,Bryz is back.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Just got back at the end of the 2nd. Tied at two. Could be a good third.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Both teams very cautious so far in the third, not at all like when I left in the 1st.

On a side note, I always wondered how many point Elias would have gotten had he not platyed for NJ his whole career. The guys is ridiculously talented.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Zach "I am soon to be uber-rich" Parise scores. Philly D just can't handle the bigger NJ forwards and the smaller Parise jumps on a loose puck. That guy's stock keeps going up.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

certainly a kind of guy we are missing in our top 6...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Yep but certain to be scooped up by a team willling to pay through the nose for him.

Love how Hartnel just keeps yapping like he is some kind of tough guy. Maybe he should channel all that extra energy into scoring a goal for his team.

And Kovalchuk just put one off the post, Briere come back and ties it up.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Two highly skilled forwards who dig deep and want it as much as anyone putting on a show.  We have lots of the latter, and need more of the highly skilled piece.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Completely agree but it is looking like PC is going to have to trade for one, hopefully an up-and-comer who does not yet cost a premium.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

I think PC is too passive to really add one of these kind of guys, only way it would happen is if Nelly makes him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I get that feeling too, especially after the wrap-up press conferences where he was talking about the need to add better role players. The thing is one Parise-type player will score more than three plugs (at least). So it comes down to how much risk PC is willing to take. And he is not much of a risk taker. The Pouliot/Corvo additions of last year proved that. Both were cheap third rate alternatives to the players they replaced. This is PC.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]I think PC is too passive to really add one of these kind of guys, only way it would happen is if Nelly makes him.
    Posted by bigbadbruinsfan[/QUOTE]

Neely ?  he answers to the same boss as Chiarelli therefore , no Neely does not make him.
    The Bruins like the team they have, they don't feel they need to go all out to add a 7m contract to their roster and it's against their philosophy just before the CBA expires.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

exactly, and with that money we would have been just as well off with caron.  Instead of dumping more money into muckers, have a lesser 4th line and better PP/1st line!

How about after the Philly debacle PC's press conference, "we are one of 7 teams to make the second round back to back years".  WHAT!  He's maddening with those things.  I think he's a good gm, even though his non kessel picks have been bad in the draft (hence no talent in providence).  His trades have been real good on the whole, but he is so conservative, I think it could hurt this team going forward to get over the hump again.  Unless TT has another super man in him, we need a guy like parise to play w seguin...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NJ v. Philly-Series Thread : Neely ?  he answers to the same boss as Chiarelli therefore , no Neely does not make him. The Bruins like the team they have, they don't feel they need to go all out to add a 7m contract to their roster and it's against their philosophy just before the CBA expires.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

True Legion but the could do with another top 6 forward if they can find one that fits their philosophy. If one can't be found for a reasonable price on the market then a trade is in order. Again, hopefully an up and comer that won't result in a cap nightmare.

By the way, overtime for this one. Neither team is exactly on fire but Philly does seem oddly complacent. Also, as I said before, Briere is money in the playoffs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Let me see a 50 year old Brodeur or a Bryzgalov that's scared of bear .....Devils will come out strong and win this one early in OT.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NJ v. Philly-Series Thread : Neely ?  he answers to the same boss as Chiarelli therefore , no Neely does not make him. The Bruins like the team they have, they don't feel they need to go all out to add a 7m contract to their roster and it's against their philosophy just before the CBA expires.

Neely runs the show over there, I don't think he meddles too much w PC or coaches, but at certain points he will jump in.  He's the President of the organization, everyone except Jacobs reports in to him.  Hence, the PP comments from him today, he's going to make the coaching staff change their philosophy.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

This is the best series left, I can't handle another 1-0 NYR Wash game where they have as many blocked shots as pucks that actually get to goalies!  Another great finish coming here.  So glad the NHL playoffs have been gaining such traction in the states recently.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NJ v. Philly-Series Thread : True Legion but the could do with another top 6 forward if they can find one that fits their philosophy. If one can't be found for a reasonable price on the market then a trade is in order. Again, hopefully an up and comer that won't result in a cap nightmare. By the way, overtime for this one. Neither team is exactly on fire but Philly does seem oddly complacent. Also, as I said before, Briere is money in the playoffs.
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

Nothing to do with fitting the Bruins philosophy because for certain a hard working, skilled forward like Parise does fit in Boston.
    It's the philosphy of towards any signings,   Bruins are very conservative before a new CBA.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NJ v. Philly-Series Thread : Nothing to do with fitting the Bruins philosophy because for certain a hard working, skilled forward like Parise does fit in Boston. It's the philosphy of towards any signings,   Bruins are very conservative before a new CBA.

I meant cap/money-wise. PC is not Sather after all. But, I get what you are saying. My fault for not being specific, and for having copious amounts of wine for supper.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Conservative before the last CBA put us in the cellar

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]Conservative before the last CBA put us in the cellar
    Posted by bigbadbruinsfan[/QUOTE]

I kind of get the feeling that the new CBA will not be all that different. The cap will go up again anyway and the new CBA will allow many a boneheaded GM wipe some bad contracts of the books.

Would it not be kind of cool to have a LA v. Philly final? Would be pretty high paced and I bet Richards and Carter would definitely bring their A game.

Sections
Shortcuts