NJD and Toronto are going to move players!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

NJD and Toronto are going to move players!

Both GM's are very unhappy/ peed off with the team performance.Yell

Brian Burke was talking on local radio station that some will move starting  dec. 27 on the list are Kab,Beauch.,Grabovski,Sjostrom Komisarek.Cry

NJD are looking to move Rolston, Colin White, Volenchov, and if their no move clause is Oked Brodeur Langenbrunner Elias.Undecided

For me all these players are big ?

My only positive player that can help the Bruins speed is Grabvoski has been the most consistent Leaf thus far along with fellow line mate Kuliemen.

Ottawa are willing to move vet Chris Phillips and from perspective if goes he will prefer a playoff contending team.Money mouth

Go Bruins Go let's keep the spirit from the Atlanta game going.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Re: NJD and Toronto are going to move players!

I'd take Rolston, at half price, Langenbrunner would be decent, Volchenkov is a Russian Seidenberg with a higher price tag. I like Grabovski's snarl, but I'm not convinved he'd be of use over current players on the roster or in the system on lines 1-3, and he's too expsensive for 4th line duty.

Although if the Laufs wanna send us Verteeg back I'm sure we could find space for him.

In Response to NJD and Toronto are going to move players!:
    [QUOTE]Both GM's are very unhappy/ peed off with the team performance. Brian Burke was talking on local radio station that some will move starting  dec. 27 on the list are Kab,Beauch.,Grabovski,Sjostrom Komisarek. NJD are looking to move Rolston, Colin White, Volenchov, and if their no move clause is Oked Brodeur Langenbrunner Elias. For me all these players are big ? My only positive player that can help the Bruins speed is Grabvoski has been the most consistent Leaf thus far along with fellow line mate Kuliemen. Ottawa are willing to move vet Chris Phillips and from perspective if goes he will prefer a playoff contending team. Go Bruins Go let's keep the spirit from the Atlanta game going.
    Posted by boborielly224[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Doubt Burke is going to want the B's as trading partners given the growing discontent over the Kessel deal and the still looming draft picks the B's will get this year. Another deal with the Bruins and the fans are likely to throw more than waffles on the ice.

Back in '04 Rolston was one of my favorite Bruins, and he did enjoy being here...but I'm not sure he possesses the same speed or overall game effectiveness he had back then. Worth it if we don't have to give up more than a low round draft pick (or perhaps Paille), but I'd rather they get a speedy D-man who can bring some offense into the fold.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

grabovski would be very good with krejci

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: NJD and Toronto are going to move players!:
    [QUOTE]grabovski would be very good with krejci Posted by bruins8[/QUOTE]

Yes he would and so would Versteeg but I doubt Burke would let Kris go. Langenbrunner would be a better fit over some other useless wingers on this team at 2.8Mil with a year left wouldn't be to shabby and would force PC to clear salary.

There will be allot of trade talk from here on in...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Why would the Devils want to move Volchekov?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

bruins are looking for a PMD is there one above ?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

[QUOTE]grabovski would be very good with krejci
    Posted by bruins8[/QUOTE]
    Im thinking the same thing and Langenbrunner on a new team would spark his talent

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

boboreilly224 don't know if it's good thing or not but now you're at 101 posts so Not-A-Shot will comment with all his knowledge to your posts now.I guess there's a congrats in there somewhere. Keep up the enthusiasm.Good work!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Langenbunner isn't a guy who needs a spark, he needs a fountain of youth.  He's not getting any better at 35 years old.  Plus, the B's already have enough guys who can score an average amount of goals.  If they want to make a real run at the Cup, it's going to take a big move for a big time scorer.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

[QUOTE]Langenbunner isn't a guy who needs a spark, he needs a fountain of youth.  He's not getting any better at 35 years old.  Plus, the B's already have enough guys who can score an average amount of goals.  If they want to make a real run at the Cup, it's going to take a big move for a big time scorer.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

...like Zach Parise!!!!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]bruins are looking for a PMD is there one above ?
    Posted by bruinsfan084evr[/QUOTE]

THEY BETTER NOT BE... OUR DEFENSE IS FINE. WE NEED SOMEONE WE CAN COUNT ON TO FINISH! sorry for shouting.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Doubt Burke is going to want the B's as trading partners given the growing discontent over the Kessel deal and the still looming draft picks the B's will get this year. Another deal with the Bruins and the fans are likely to throw more than waffles on the ice. Back in '04 Rolston was one of my favorite Bruins, and he did enjoy being here...but I'm not sure he possesses the same speed or overall game effectiveness he had back then. Worth it if we don't have to give up more than a low round draft pick (or perhaps Paille), but I'd rather they get a speedy D-man who can bring some offense into the fold.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]
    Maybe PC should see if Florida will move Wideman.Laughing

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]Langenbunner isn't a guy who needs a spark, he needs a fountain of youth.  He's not getting any better at 35 years old.  Plus, the B's already have enough guys who can score an average amount of goals.  If they want to make a real run at the Cup, it's going to take a big move for a big time scorer.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

This is sadly true. Unless Burke loses his mind (or just feels like p-ing off the Tor. fan base even more than he has) and makes Graobovski available (he won't), all the Jamie Langenbrunners or Brian Rolstons (much as I like those players) in the league aren't going to make a REAL difference for what this Bruins team needs to get to the elite level.

I would say this period is the most critical of PC's tenure so far--a team that has some good core pieces in place BUT also has obvious needs to compete w/the league's best (high scoring winger, stud offensive and speedy D-man), and a bag of tricks to work with (Toronto's draft pick), Ryder if he can put a streak together, possiblt Wheeler...and it will be a major mark on his stewardship to see what he can come up with.

If he stands pat like he has most other years the B's are going to need TT to channel Sawchuck/Dryden/Brimsek/Plante all at once to really get anywhere in the post-season., and that's asking too much.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NJD and Toronto are going to move players! : This is sadly true. Unless Burke loses his mind (or just feels like p-ing off the Tor. fan base even more than he has) and makes Graobovski available (he won't), all the Jamie Langenbrunners or Brian Rolstons (much as I like those players) in the league aren't going to make a REAL difference for what this Bruins team needs to get to the elite level. I would say this period is the most critical of PC's tenure so far--a team that has some good core pieces in place BUT also has obvious needs to compete w/the league's best (high scoring winger, stud offensive and speedy D-man), and a bag of tricks to work with (Toronto's draft pick), Ryder if he can put a streak together, possiblt Wheeler...and it will be a major mark on his stewardship to see what he can come up with. If he stands pat like he has most other years the B's are going to need TT to channel Sawchuck/Dryden/Brimsek/Plante all at once to really get anywhere in the post-season., and that's asking too much.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]
    Obviously I'm not opposed to Boston acquiring a sniper(i really miss Cam)but recent history has shown the winners to have a collection of 20-30 goal  scorers.Pitt was more star filled than most but the Hawks,Canes,Ducks,Lightning,even the Wings were successful more for their ability to create offense from multiple sources as opposed to the 1 big scoring line.Hopefully PC can manage a deal like you've proposed so that Boston can have both options.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I do think that Langenbrunner has a liitle bit left in the tank but just a little. He was awsome in the Olympics last winter and with the right team (Boston) Jamie could light it up for one last run.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Of course these two teams are looking to move players. They are the two worse teams in the league. I bet the NYI are also. duh...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I do think that Langenbrunner has a liitle bit left in the tank but just a little. He was awsome in the Olympics last winter and with the right team (Boston) Jamie could light it up for one last run.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    I also like what Langenbrunner would bring to the table.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Need a guy in his prime, not Langenbrunner. We have Recchi for the "slow old guy with smarts and a ring" role.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Need a guy in his prime, not Langenbrunner. We have Recchi for the "slow old guy with smarts and a ring" role.
    Posted by seobrien[/QUOTE]
    Langenbrunner played in the last Olympics.Recchi is far removed from being that calibre of player.Langenbrunner is 8 years younger.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NJD and Toronto are going to move players! : ...like Zach Parise!!!!
    Posted by shaunk[/QUOTE]
    Do I smell an offer sheet coming from PC at season's end?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Fair enough, but if Recchi was american he may have made the team. Don't get me wrong, I think Langenbrunner is a good player (and is younger and faster). I just don't think he would bring enough to the table to put the B's "over the top"

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

The biggest asset the Bs have right now are prospects and draft picks that teams like toronto ( as mentioned here likely wont deal with the Bs) and NJ who will certainly clean house along with NYI etc will covet. The Bs are in a need right now, actually a few needs. They need capspace ( need a trade partner ) ,they need a scoring winger, need a pmd, they need a coach, they need a fire.
    This from all the posts i have read.
    My point is the Bs do have time and the means to improve.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://twitter.com/kuklaskorner

"Brian Rolston will be assigned to Albany and will be placed on re-entry waivers."

Sections
Shortcuts