No 2011 Cup

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

No 2011 Cup

Sorry guys Im certain many dont agree but the Bs didnt improve enuf to get out of the east little known win the cup in 2011.The only addition they made that helped was addiing kaberle. I dont see peverly or kelly being an impact, hopefully I am wrong. It was my opinion the Bs could made a move to get Smid on the back end as the depth there is thin. Penner or hemsky would of made a huge difference up front by removing ryder. Last but not least rechhi needs to pick it up if bergerons line is gonna get back on track.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: No 2011 Cup

In Response to No 2011 Cup:
    [QUOTE]Sorry guys Im certain many dont agree but the Bs didnt improve enuf to get out of the east little known win the cup in 2011.The only addition they made that helped was addiing kaberle. I dont see peverly or kelly being an impact, hopefully I am wrong. It was my opinion the Bs could made a move to get Smid on the back end as the depth there is thin. Penner or hemsky would of made a huge difference up front by removing ryder. Last but not least rechhi needs to pick it up if bergerons line is gonna get back on track.
    Posted by wallydouglas[/QUOTE]
    When did the Bergeron line go off the tracks?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In Response to Re: No 2011 Cup:
    [QUOTE]In Response to No 2011 Cup : When did the Bergeron line go off the tracks?
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

they didn't score last night. they're supposed to score every night. if a line doesn't score in a game, you blow it up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No 2011 Cup : they didn't score last night. they're supposed to score every night. if a line doesn't score in a game, you blow it up.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]
    I always seem to forget things like that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

What? Why? 

I mean, there is always a huge probability that you will be right when you predict a team won't win it all, well before the playoffs even start...but why now?

The team has made roster improvements, is probably playing their best hockey of the season, both goalies are playing well, they are healthy, they are 5-0 on a current road trip...

What did you want to see happen at this point that hasn't...Crosby and Ovechkin traded here for Daniel Paille??

I know you're a smart poster, so I'm not trying to be a d*ck, but why the prediction now?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]What? Why?  I mean, there is always a huge probability that you will be right when you predict a team won't win it all, well before the playoffs even start...but why now? The team has made roster improvements, is probably playing their best hockey of the season, both goalies are playing well, they are healthy, they are 5-0 on a current road trip... What did you want to see happen at this point that hasn't...Crosby and Ovechkin traded here for Daniel Paille?? I know you're a smart poster, so I'm not trying to be a d*ck, but why the prediction now?
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    Because we still own a high 1st pick that could've been thrown away for a rental I guess.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticBear68. Show CelticBear68's posts

[QUOTE]Sorry guys Im certain many dont agree but the Bs didnt improve enuf to get out of the east little known win the cup in 2011.The only addition they made that helped was addiing kaberle. I dont see peverly or kelly being an impact, hopefully I am wrong. It was my opinion the Bs could made a move to get Smid on the back end as the depth there is thin. Penner or hemsky would of made a huge difference up front by removing ryder. Last but not least rechhi needs to pick it up if bergerons line is gonna get back on track.

Put me in the respectfully disagreeing category.  Get hot at the right time, get timely secondary and tertiary scoring from unexpected sources, and money goaltending and the sky's the limit.  

I don't think my optimism is me drinking the black n ' gold Koolaid, almost every hockey analyst on TSN's deadline day show had Boston in their list of Top 5 Cup contenders.  

Is the team, as constructed, perfect?  No.  do we have some weaknesses that weren't addressed?  Yep, you betcha.  But, do we have enough of a foundation in place to make a serious run?  I think we do. 

Cant wait for the playoffs to start, bring on the Habs and the Flyers!  Go Bruins!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Totally agree Fletch! To others,  the Bs made the best of moves during the trade deadline. Yes, the need for a sniper is obvious.  The need for a number #2 defenseman is still obvious.  What is not obvious is every team in the NHL has needs including the glorious Detriot Red Wings.  So, I will remain positive on the trades. The Bs management team made constructive moves without jepodarizing the development program now in place.  I truly believe Kaberle replaces Savard on the power play.  Hopefully Krejci/Peverly can replace Savard 5 on 5 in the playoffs.  With a strong defensive team play and goaltending and the uncertainity of the status of injured player)s) on Washington and Pittsburgh, the Bs are in the running.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Yeah give our future for a rental that would have been really smart.  I think the Bs did well in fact here in MTL they said thath PC made the better moves!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Wally the Bs deadline deals were done already so they didn't need to make another deal today. Barry Melrose made a great point today as he mentioned the teams that got deals done before the deadline to see if they new players would work first to see if they needed to make another deal at the deadline so the Bruins did not make one they didn't need to do.

I don't always agree with the perennial winner of the "Mullett do of the year" award because he has said outlandish things in the past but I agree with Barry saying the Bruins are a cup contender with the pre-deadline deals they made.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Bruins win the East but lose to Detroit in the finals :(

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

And Washington's moves improved that team? 

I thought Penner was invisible last night--- yeah that would have put the Bruins over the top!  By the way-- Ryder was very good last night.

Come on--- injuries and lack of depth did the Bruins in last year or else they would have been playing in the finals vs Chicago--- This team @ this time is so much better then the Bruins team of last year.  They have a legit chance to make it through the eastern conference and make it to the cup.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

Thanks for the heads up Wally, I was gonna waste my time watching the games.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Kudos to you for having the ballz to incur the wrath of the always-believers on this board.

yes, it IS easier to predict that a team won't win a Cup than will, but while i applaud every move PC made to make this team better (and he absolutely DID), I still am quite certain they won't get out of the East, and sadly, not even out of round 2 (if they have to face the Habs in round 1 they may not even get outta that one, if only b/c they seem to have a history of ALMOST always blowing series against their most hated rivals.)

I still see the Flyers, Tampa, the Rangers w/their goaltending and addition of McCabe and the Habs as all being serious roadblocks to Bruins success.

I fully accept that I'm looked at as the buzz kill of the party (who invited THIS dude? What a downer!), and hey, that's fine. But my opinion (for what it's worth--not much, I know), is that there's a tendency to overvalue a Bruins team that still has issues with scoring, lacks a dynamic duo up front, and will still get penned in their own end by bigger (Flyers) and faster (Tampa, Habs) teams, and that Thomas will only be able to do so much to save their bacon.

Of course I could be wrong. They've played spectacular hockey on this road trip, and yet, that too has me concerned: WHY does this team play so much better on the road than at home? And if they do wrap up the 3 seed, will that actually end up hurting them by having home ice DIS-advantage?

Look--Krejci has been simply stupendous these past few games--and I am REALLY glad he wasn't sent off for Richards or anyone else. Kelly is a nice 2way player, and Peverly is a far better option than Wheeler any day of the week.

But come playoffs, I don;t see them being able to keep up w/the Stamkos', Brier's, maybe even Ovechkins of the east when it comes to a 7 game series.

The only difference is that this year, I'm NOT blaming management. I truly believe PC did all he could with what he had, and that Toronto pick will be nice to have come draft day.

If the Bruins DO get past the 2nd round, I consider that a major step forward and I will be the first to step up and say "I was wrong--enough negativity--time to start BELIEVING again. But for this 2011 post season, I agree with Wally--the Cup doesn't stop here.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

I am going to predict that nobody will win the cup.  That way I will be right 29 out of 30 times and my prediction rate will be 96.6 %. I will take those odds...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]Well you have permission to not watch another game.  I for one will continue to beleive that this team is full of character.  Thats what it takes to win the cup.  I will be saving this one and I think you are gonna have your tail between your legs in a couple months!! Because A true fan can Say, When we finally win it, Ive been there all along! In Response to No 2011 Cup :
    Posted by samsonov[/QUOTE]

Just a p.s. that I'm gonna go ahead and speak for Wally, saying just b/c he doesn't think they're gonna win the Cup--doesn't mean he's gonna NOT watch the games. That's kind of a weird leap of logic, no? And even those of us who don't believe they're destined for the Promised Land HAVE been there all along and will continue to be so (loyal fan here since the early 1970's)...

...and just to be clear--NO, I am NOT double=-posting as Wally and TTBI...I just happen to agree w/the guy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]I am going to predict that nobody will win the cup.  That way I will be right 29 out of 30 times and my prediction rate will be 96.6 %. I will take those odds...
    Posted by Rufus604[/QUOTE]
    EVERYONE WE HAVE A NEW STATS LEADER IN PREDICTIONS!!! MOVE ASIDE STANLEY!!! THIS IS HUGE NEWS ON THESE BOARDS

(it's in caps to show my excitement of having a new prediction leader).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

All I have to say is welcome to today's NHL.  It sure ain't the old days when you could be sure the Habs would win because they had lots of talents plus 3 (back then it was 3) zebras also on your side.

It is still a crap shoot among the best 4 teams in the league, and the odds for the next 4 best aren't all that worse.

That's the way it is.

So will they win the cup?  Probably not.

But its about your odds.

How much better could they have made the odds?

Not much better.  Get real.  Unless you are 13 years old or think like a 13 year old you know it's practically impossible to hit a home run trade at the deadline and walk away smelling like roses.

And even if you do - and like last year you win the Kovalchuk sweepstakes, you should be well aware that it doesn't even assure that you'll get past round 1.

I think the Bruins odds are a little better now with Kaberle.

What I really like is that they didn't mortgage the future.

They kept Toronto's #1 pick.
    They will likely sign Kaberle next year.
    The other guys are signed for next year (and Kelly was worth more than Kovalev for that reason).

They are in as good a shape as they can be for the playoffs this year.

They are in as good a shape as they can be for the playoffs next year.

We're getting good hockey.

They have a chance to win it.

Get realistic expectations and enjoy it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to No 2011 Cup : Kudos to you for having the ballz to incur the wrath of the always-believers on this board. yes, it IS easier to predict that a team won't win a Cup than will, but while i applaud every move PC made to make this team better (and he absolutely DID), I still am quite certain they won't get out of the East, and sadly, not even out of round 2 (if they have to face the Habs in round 1 they may not even get outta that one, if only b/c they seem to have a history of ALMOST always blowing series against their most hated rivals.) I still see the Flyers, Tampa, the Rangers w/their goaltending and addition of McCabe and the Habs as all being serious roadblocks to Bruins success. I fully accept that I'm looked at as the buzz kill of the party (who invited THIS dude? What a downer!), and hey, that's fine. But my opinion (for what it's worth--not much, I know), is that there's a tendency to overvalue a Bruins team that still has issues with scoring, lacks a dynamic duo up front, and will still get penned in their own end by bigger (Flyers) and faster (Tampa, Habs) teams, and that Thomas will only be able to do so much to save their bacon. Of course I could be wrong. They've played spectacular hockey on this road trip, and yet, that too has me concerned: WHY does this team play so much better on the road than at home? And if they do wrap up the 3 seed, will that actually end up hurting them by having home ice DIS-advantage? Look--Krejci has been simply stupendous these past few games--and I am REALLY glad he wasn't sent off for Richards or anyone else. Kelly is a nice 2way player, and Peverly is a far better option than Wheeler any day of the week. But come playoffs, I don;t see them being able to keep up w/the Stamkos', Brier's, maybe even Ovechkins of the east when it comes to a 7 game series. The only difference is that this year, I'm NOT blaming management. I truly believe PC did all he could with what he had, and that Toronto pick will be nice to have come draft day. If the Bruins DO get past the 2nd round, I consider that a major step forward and I will be the first to step up and say "I was wrong--enough negativity--time to start BELIEVING again. But for this 2011 post season, I agree with Wally--the Cup doesn't stop here.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

Oh c'mon, stop it it -- nobody is saying he shouldn't make the prediction, it is just odd timing.  Like I said the odds are certainly in the favor of the Bruins or any other team NOT winning the Cup.  Don't act like it takes courage (ballz) to say so -- it is a very easy prediction to make.  You will probably be right.  This team probably won't win it.

But, if you have watched this team over the last 15 years (and I know you have) I can't think of a time to be more Cup-optimistic than right now.  No?  When else?

The only way you could be upset about the team right now is if you held unrealistic expectations that some lopsided blockbuster deal was available.  Everyone has said it was a terrible trade market this year.  Yet, Chiarelli still made some very good deals.  What more were you expecting this week?  Better trades?  A better road trip?  Less injuries?  Unrealistic.

I have no problem with the opinion that this team isn't good enough.  My responses are about 1. the timing of this observation, and 2. disupting the myth that it is somehow bold and courageous to predict something that has a 90% chance of occuring.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to No 2011 Cup : Kudos to you for having the ballz to incur the wrath of the always-believers on this board. yes, it IS easier to predict that a team won't win a Cup than will, but while i applaud every move PC made to make this team better (and he absolutely DID), I still am quite certain they won't get out of the East, and sadly, not even out of round 2 (if they have to face the Habs in round 1 they may not even get outta that one, if only b/c they seem to have a history of ALMOST always blowing series against their most hated rivals.) I still see the Flyers, Tampa, the Rangers w/their goaltending and addition of McCabe and the Habs as all being serious roadblocks to Bruins success. I fully accept that I'm looked at as the buzz kill of the party (who invited THIS dude? What a downer!), and hey, that's fine. But my opinion (for what it's worth--not much, I know), is that there's a tendency to overvalue a Bruins team that still has issues with scoring, lacks a dynamic duo up front, and will still get penned in their own end by bigger (Flyers) and faster (Tampa, Habs) teams, and that Thomas will only be able to do so much to save their bacon. Of course I could be wrong. They've played spectacular hockey on this road trip, and yet, that too has me concerned: WHY does this team play so much better on the road than at home? And if they do wrap up the 3 seed, will that actually end up hurting them by having home ice DIS-advantage? Look--Krejci has been simply stupendous these past few games--and I am REALLY glad he wasn't sent off for Richards or anyone else. Kelly is a nice 2way player, and Peverly is a far better option than Wheeler any day of the week. But come playoffs, I don;t see them being able to keep up w/the Stamkos', Brier's, maybe even Ovechkins of the east when it comes to a 7 game series. The only difference is that this year, I'm NOT blaming management. I truly believe PC did all he could with what he had, and that Toronto pick will be nice to have come draft day. If the Bruins DO get past the 2nd round, I consider that a major step forward and I will be the first to step up and say "I was wrong--enough negativity--time to start BELIEVING again. But for this 2011 post season, I agree with Wally--the Cup doesn't stop here.
    Yeah Wally,it was you I had in mind today when I commented how some seemingly knowledgeable posters were happy to throw Atlanta out there as another team Boston couldn't beat,simply because they hammered Boston once early on(wonder if Big Buff and their team of stars can even make the playoffs).Now it's Boston's 5 game win streak causing you concern.......really?It takes no balls to say"they won't win because they never do".It takes balls to stick by your eam when the negativity continues to stir.You say you've been a loyal fan since the 70's when,in reality,you're willing to jump on any team that comes along.Fan......perhaps........Loyal......not so sure of that unless faithfully complaining equals loyalty.      P.S.-double posting never crossed my mind until you brought it up.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

flyers, maybe. but the habs, rangers and lightning are not serious roadblocks. i'm not saying the b's are a sure shot, but we'd definitely be favored to win those series. the guys on tsn were saying today that the elite teams in the east were boston and philly and i tend to agree with them.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 40YrsNoCup. Show 40YrsNoCup's posts

Be careful Wally this is the land of sunshine and gum drops and if you don't declare the Bruins the bestest team in the whole wide world and say the Bruins are the Stanley Cup Champions to be, the kool-aid crowd will brand you an evil troll and you'll never be taken seriously by them ever ever again.! Retract your statements Wally where there is still time to fit in!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: No 2011 Cup:[QUOTE]In Response to No 2011 Cup :  I still see the Flyers, Tampa, the Rangers w/their goaltending and addition of McCabe and the Habs as all being serious roadblocks to Bruins success. and will still get penned in their own end by bigger (Flyers) and faster (Tampa, Habs) teams, and that Thomas will only be able to do so much to save their bacon.

If Roloson/Smith, Price/Auld, Varlamov/Neuvirth, Bobrovsky/Boucher and Lundqvist/Biron with their vast intense playoff experience beat Thomas/Rask in a seven game series then I owe you an attaboy for seeing something I cannot see.

Stamkos, St. Louis, Richards and Briere are on the ice for 22 minutes a game on average. Goalies play the whole game 60 minutes...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Be careful Wally this is the land of sunshine and gum drops and if you don't declare the Bruins the bestest team in the whole wide world and say the Bruins are the Stanley Cup Champions to be, the kool-aid crowd will brand you an evil troll and you'll never be taken seriously by them ever ever again.! Retract your statements Wally where there is still time to fit in!!
    Posted by 40YrsNoCup[/QUOTE]
    84 posts and still nothing to say.I thought you were supposed to man up and stay off this forum after the world juniors.Instead of telling everyone else how little they know,how about you enlighten everyone as to who the teams to beat are and who are the best players.I mean the only opinion you bother to voice is "everyone else is dumb-I know more than all of you but it's a secret....".Get over yourself and get a life.Surely this can't be a fulfilling existence for you.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]Be careful Wally this is the land of sunshine and gum drops and if you don't declare the Bruins the bestest team in the whole wide world and say the Bruins are the Stanley Cup Champions to be, the kool-aid crowd will brand you an evil troll and you'll never be taken seriously by them ever ever again.! Retract your statements Wally where there is still time to fit in!!
    Posted by 40YrsNoCup[/QUOTE]

o boo hoo!!! so what's the way to go about this then 40. let me see lets all just be negative until they actually gets past a point that makes u and wally happy. everyone in this forum knows that as soon as the bruins do make it to the conference finals the next post will well this team hasn't been able to win a cup in even longer amount of time so i feel that they cant do it. ya because when they lost to Edmonton in the 90s means they cant do it now. live in the now your not a bruins fan your fair-weather fan.when the team finally does it well then i will be in but until then i will be the only one who is realistic about the bruins on this forum-please save it. be honest u like when the bruins lose that way u can say i told u so and when they win u jump and say well don't crazy guys cause this winning stuff has happened before. same tired negative posts.

Sections
Shortcuts