No Bruins and Habs series!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

No Bruins and Habs series!

I do not know about rest of you but I always look forward to this series. The Habs not in the play-offs will be OK in my books. Honestly I will miss a Boston and Montreal series it always great playoff hockey. I hate Montreal with respect, it such a rival when they play our Bruins,

Hopefully Ottawa will be our 1st rd. opponent could be an over night rival.

This Easter weekend my wife (French Canadian girl) and I will be at her brothers place, the whole family all die hard Hab fans. They been pretty quiet about razzing me since last year, the law of averages eventually came to my favor. Thinking about getting a cake with a Bruins emblem on it for dessert but I thought when I get to cocky it back fires on me. Silence is always the best weaponry.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: No Bruins and Habs series!

Bummer.  I wanted to end their season again.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

See my pic ?  If you want the address where to get this cake done let me know.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

That would be the most awesome cake Bs legion.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Doesn't really hurt my feelings. Habs not making the playoffs is good enough for me. Did we really need yet another Bruins-Habs playoff series ?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

In Response to Re: No Bruins and Habs series!:
    [QUOTE]Doesn't really hurt my feelings. Habs not making the playoffs is good enough for me. Did we really need yet another Bruins-Habs playoff series ?
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]

We always need a Habs/Bruins series. I grew up with them. Never a boring encounter.....:)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Bruins and Habs series! : We always need a Habs/Bruins series. I grew up with them. Never a boring encounter.....:)
    Posted by jaywall[/QUOTE]

Yup, it's a rite of spring. Although I will enjoy giving it to all my Hab fan buds just as much as if we'd eliminated them

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Its fine, and I'll surely enjoy a small bit of relief in my stress level this spring.  Every 7 game series with the Habs probably takes a year off my life.

But there is also a part of me that always wants the Sox to go through the Yankees and the Bruins to go through the Habs.  Nothing is better than winning when the stakes are so high.

I still want Vancouver.  Again.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Bruins and Habs series! : Yup, it's a rite of spring. Although I will enjoy giving it to all my Hab fan buds just as much as if we'd eliminated them
    Posted by OrrandPapiRGods[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. My in-laws are Habs fans and I got to hear all summer about how it took the B's to overtime in the 7th game just to beat them and how if the Habs had won they would have gone all the way. Delusional much?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]Doesn't really hurt my feelings. Habs not making the playoffs is good enough for me. Did we really need yet another Bruins-Habs playoff series ?
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]

That's like asking do you really need another beer? The answer is invariably yes. Habs-Bruins series may be pushing me to an early grave, but nothing excites me more in hockey than watching those two teams go at it in the playoffs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ErnestoGiove. Show ErnestoGiove's posts

We killed the Habs - that Horton OT goal really took the life out of them. We sucked the life out of Vancouver. No one is asking Taylor vs Tyler (ok some are saying) but Tyler looks better. Any one asking Kessel or Tyler? Yup thought so. Nice to take on Ottawa, Chara, Kelly and Chiarelli - maybe get rid of them to. Calgary and Winnipeg! We're coming for you next year!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]We killed the Habs - that Horton OT goal really took the life out of them. We sucked the life out of Vancouver. No one is asking Taylor vs Tyler (ok some are saying) but Tyler looks better. Any one asking Kessel or Tyler? Yup thought so. Nice to take on Ottawa, Chara, Kelly and Chiarelli - maybe get rid of them to. Calgary and Winnipeg! We're coming for you next year!
    Posted by ErnestoGiove[/QUOTE]

I think Winnipeg already won that one - Pevs is great on this team, but we already gave them their leading scorer and a steady like a rock shutdown D.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

The Kaberle factor was BIG in killing the Habs this year. Thanks for the memories Kabs!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

Love the B's/Habs playoff series over the years but, I'm glad to take a break from it this year. I'm hoping for a B's/Rangers series at some point. Would be nice to renew our mutual dislike for each other

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I could see a burning hatred brew if the Rangers play the Bruins in the playoffs. The sentiments are there in baseball and football. Just a matter of time before it spills over to the NHL.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

If there is a Rangers/B's series, it better go 7. It's been a sleeping rivalry for far too long. The fact that two proud franchises from Boston and New York aren't rivals? It's kind of weird, really. I would, as would the rest of the hockey world, be so disappointed if the series only lasted 4 or 5 games. They need an epic Boston-Vancouver type of series.

The most entertaining playoffs (for me, given the likely seeds at this point): Ottawa, Pittsburgh, NYR.
    The best matchups? I'd say to go Ottawa, Florida, Philly/Wash. However, the trolls would be out in full force if this happened, as they'd claim that the B's didn't earn it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

Nothing better than a Habs - Bruins meet in the playoffs. A little disappointed but also privileged that we have that animosity with them. One of the most heated rivalries in all professional sports.
    I believe that Ottawa will prove to be bigger test than most people think. Here's hoping that the fued will start and end with a B's series win

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

after 40+ years following the B'S, i don't care if i never witness another series between these two....

those defeats in the 70's, especially '71 & '79, took their toll on me....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsforever. Show Bruinsforever's posts

Hey Orr4Neely8,

Are you the guy (and the girl) appearing in the Bear commercial (don't date within' your division) ?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

[QUOTE]Hey Orr4Neely8, Are you the guy (and the girl) appearing in the Bear commercial (don't date within' your division) ?
    Posted by Bruinsforever[/QUOTE]

imo, the best commercial the B's have

Sections
Shortcuts