No difference

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

No difference

2 points and all is well? if you were concerned after the loss, not so much! This game was identical to Saturday.  The only difference is that mcClaren didn't get a lucky goal off his skate.  Horton and seguin without a shot on goal.  Bruins still manage to score only 2 goals.  Perception is Wonderful!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: No difference

You are not taking into consideration that the Bruins are not totally healthy. Pittsburgh and Montreal have been much healthier. You can't just turnaround as a GM, put players on the market that are underperforming and get better players in return.

I think the Bruins have been playing well considering the injuries. I will not and cannot be convince the Bruins wouldn't be close to Penguins in total points. As it turns out boston is only 5 points back of the Penguins and tied for 1st with Montreal.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

Pittsburgh is without Malkin and Letang, so I wouldn't have them down as being much healthier. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

You are not taking into consideration that the Bruins are not totally healthy. Pittsburgh and Montreal have been much healthier. You can't just turnaround as a GM, put players on the market that are underperforming and get better players in return.

I think the Bruins have been playing well considering the injuries. I will not and cannot be convince the Bruins wouldn't be close to Penguins in total points. As it turns out boston is only 5 points back of the Penguins and tied for 1st with Montreal.

Health is not an excuse this season.  Every team has their casualties.  My point is that many in Bruins nation were up in arms after the game in Toronto, but are now OK after  a shootout win.  IMO, the games were almost identical, except for Lucic playing a bit harder because he was demoted.  The problems that the Bruins had on Saturday, were not fixed on Monday.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Health is not an excuse this season.  Every team has their casualties.  My point is that many in Bruins nation were up in arms after the game in Toronto, but are now OK after  a shootout win.  IMO, the games were almost identical, except for Lucic playing a bit harder because he was demoted.  The problems that the Bruins had on Saturday, were not fixed on Monday.

I wasn't overly concerned after Saturday. Bruins just outplayed the Leafs for 6 straight periods. The difference was having an NHL'er in net last night. Every hockey show I watched last night brought up the fact that the Leafs need to be concerned as they were very lucky to take any points from the 2 games. I agreed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

PC will make some depth moves and then we'll have a better picture of what this team will look like going into the playoffs (sorry shupe I still don't think Iggy is coming here, but we'll see).  Missing Boychuck and McQuaid is a big piece of the problem as Johnson and Bartkowski are not NHLers.  Lucic was a beast last night and I trust he got the message and he will be huge tomorrow vs. Habs.  I'm not so much worried about the forwards as I am the D and goaltending - is Rask going to be able to shake off his Philly performance or is he scarred for life?  Lots of questions and that's why we watch.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Dave24's comment:

Pittsburgh is without Malkin and Letang, so I wouldn't have them down as being much healthier.

Right Pittsburgh does have better depth than the Bruins but Letang and Malkin haven't missed as many games as Kelly, Boychuk, MacQuaid and Krejci is playing hurt. Not looking for excuses Dave but with these injuries I think the Bs have done well to keep pace with the top Eastern teams...for now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I think the game was very different.

Did you watch both?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

I wasn't overly concerned after Saturday. Bruins just outplayed the Leafs for 6 straight periods. The difference was having an NHL'er in net last night. Every hockey show I watched last night brought up the fact that the Leafs need to be concerned as they were very lucky to take any points from the 2 games. I agreed.

Dez - you may have not been overly concerned, but can you agree that the majority of Bruins fans and the media were?  Claude was so concerned that he made drastic changes to the line up.  Results = 2 points, but underlying problem of not scoring remains.  I am not overly concerned, as I assumed that the Bruins would struggle and have injuries in March with the heavy schedule.  However, I am concerned with Horton.  Not sure why he hasn't been moved down, as he has been floating for quite sometime.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Dez - you may have not been overly concerned, but can you agree that the majority of Bruins fans and the media were?  Claude was so concerned that he made drastic changes to the line up.  Results = 2 points, but underlying problem of not scoring remains.  I am not overly concerned, as I assumed that the Bruins would struggle and have injuries in March with the heavy schedule.  However, I am concerned with Horton.  Not sure why he hasn't been moved down, as he has been floating for quite sometime.  

No doubt I'd like to see them cash in more chances but I still feel the Bruins carried the play for most of both games. Even when it was 2-0 last night, I felt there was no way the Bruins would lose. Frankly, I was shocked the Leafs held on for a point. Reimer played pretty well aside from letting Bergeron's shot fool him. I agree with you in principle though. Not a huge diff in the 2 games.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I think the game was very different.

Did you watch both?

Yes I watched both.  The Bruins fell behind in both games.  Decided to turn up the heat, and  controlled much of the play after doing so.  They ran out of time and gave up 1 lucky goal on Saturday.  On Monday they were fortunate to tie it up late and win in the shootout.  The recurring theme is that they are not scoring goals.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

The difference was in the points earned as Tuuka showed. I thought the Lucic/Peverly/Caron line played very well, and thought that Claude should have kept them together in the 3rd period. Kreji/Marchand were OK, but not quite in synch, and agree[ once in a while] with MeanE that Horton is still floating and should be replaced[Iggie maybe]. Paille's speed contributed well with Bergeron and Seguin, but his lack of knowledge on where Bergie and Sguin expect him to be didn't help, so Marchand should go back with Bergeron Campbell worked hard, as usual, but the other two were useless, and Claude is finally siting Thorny for lengthy stretches. Changing the lines is a gamble until the players learn how their new linemates play, but it is necessary and, as the Peverly line showed, can be beneficial. However, guys like Thornton, Pandolfo, and Horton, do need to be replaced. Bartkowski played better, and the lack of speed between Ference and Seids is still a problem.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Yes I watched both.  The Bruins fell behind in both games.  Decided to turn up the heat, and  controlled much of the play after doing so.  They ran out of time and gave up 1 lucky goal on Saturday.  On Monday they were fortunate to tie it up late and win in the shootout.  The recurring theme is that they are not scoring goals.

This recurring theme pops up at points of the season for many teams. It's a problem now for the Bruins. Will it be a problem come playoff time ? That's the concern I have.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

MeanE - Your overall point is good. This is an offensively challenged team right now. They just aren't scoring much and sometimes that's due to playing like krap or playing really well short of burying their chances. I though last night's game was better played even if the result was the same in the goal scoring dept.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to WalkTheLine's comment:

MeanE - Your overall point is good. This is an offensively challenged team right now. They just aren't scoring much and sometimes that's due to playing like krap or playing really well short of burying their chances. I though last night's game was better played even if the result was the same in the goal scoring dept.

That's what I find interesting about perception and what 2 points vs. 0 points might do to our thinking.  I am not saying that you are wrong about last night's game being better played by the Bruins, but some might argue that they played better on Saturday when they outshot Toronto 33-13.  Today most are not focused as much on the "shortcomings" of this team as they were on Sunday following the loss. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

That's what I find interesting about perception and what 2 points vs. 0 points might do to our thinking.  I am not saying that you are wrong about last night's game being better played by the Bruins, but some might argue that they played better on Saturday when they outshot Toronto 33-13.  Today most are not focused as much on the "shortcomings" of this team as they were on Sunday following the loss. 

For some people, yes, I think a win vs. a loss influences their perception of how the team may have played. We're too smart for that, but some people....not so much ;)

Cheers

[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Best part of last night's game was that Julien got to send the message he needed to send without sacrificing 2 pts. We all know the "standard" lines will come back. They did last night towards the end.

So in all...Julien cracks some skulls. The Flames scouts in the stands get a good show. Peverly, Ference and Lucic all stepped up their compete level. Paille and Hamilton showed they could skate with the men in key situations. Krejci proved his value once again. Bergeron and Campbell looked solid as ever. Rask made some clutch saves.

Only negatives for me were the play of Seguin and Horton. One of them will be just fine and is simply fighting instincts to get his game. It happens. The other is now trade bait.

And now Julien and PC have options....what more can you ask for plus 2 points to boot?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

Best part of last night's game was that Julien got to send the message he needed to send without sacrificing 2 pts. We all know the "standard" lines will come back. They did last night towards the end.

So in all...Julien cracks some skulls. The Flames scouts in the stands get a good show. Peverly, Ference and Lucic all stepped up their compete level. Paille and Hamilton showed they could skate with the men in key situations. Krejci proved his value once again. Bergeron and Campbell looked solid as ever. Rask made some clutch saves.

Only negatives for me were the play of Seguin and Horton. One of them will be just fine and is simply fighting instincts to get his game. It happens. The other is now trade bait.

And now Julien and PC have options....what more can you ask for plus 2 points to boot?

As long as they thought Caron & Bart played well. ;-p

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

The Flames scouts in the stands get a good show. Peverly, Ference and Horton.

+1!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

I wasn't sure what the Flames scouts had to do with anything.  But if those are the guys they're looking at, I'm all for it.  Maybe they were looking at Lane skate in warm-ups.  LOL

Sections
Shortcuts