No fight ?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

Re: No fight ?

In response to red75's comment:

You should only fight when there's a reason to. When Cook got off the ice alive after levelling Savard I was out of my mind irate. There's your reason to fight. But these last six games, I have not seen any major liberties be taken against the Bruins. Outside of a staged skating clown fight, what reason can you think of lately that a Bruin should have dropped the gloves for?

A team shouldn't be fighting purely for the sake of fighting, especially when they can win without it. I'd be more ticked if a Bruin, like Lucic or McQuaid, got into a scrap for no discernable reason and busted a hand.

Only scrap when you have to.

Agreed. The only time I recall was Lucic, cross check into the boards, and the guy turtled

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Gimme a break! This team is 13-2 and playing excellent hockey. Maybe I missed something but isn't the objective of the game to win, not to see which team can beat up the most opponents. I thought last night's game was kinda like playoff hockey with close checking and the refs moving in quickly to break up flare-ups. If you have to see blood, go watch that cage crap that seems to be the rage these days.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to trouts' comment:

Gimme a break! This team is 13-2 and playing excellent hockey. Maybe I missed something but isn't the objective of the game to win, not to see which team can beat up the most opponents. I thought last night's game was kinda like playoff hockey with close checking and the refs moving in quickly to break up flare-ups. If you have to see blood, go watch that cage crap that seems to be the rage these days.

Exactly the point I was trying to make with my sarcastic post.

This Bruins team has a few players that can fight really well who are regular players and not just goons, Lucic and McQuaid (at least before the surgery).

Thornton is pointless.

The team is physical.

They are winning games and the OP thinks that fighting is lacking for God knows what reason.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to scooter244's comment:

Makes me wonder if Thornton is not cleared to fight.  He hasn't engaged at all since the beat-down.  I doubt it's him being timid, more likely he needs to let his knoggin heal some more.

Then a Prospect should be getting valuable icetime then if Thornton can't do his job.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to xdrive's comment:

So your initial response is to insult me?? Brilliant u genius ....my point is they could create more space for themselves on the ice if they were a little meaner out there. 

And my question is: What would be the end result?  A win?  No matter if it's 2-1  or 15-0, two points is two points.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

NAS you know as well as anyone that in a 2-1 game one unlucky bounce can tie it. It would not be a bad thing if the Bruins were able to open a larger lead.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

NAS you know as well as anyone that in a 2-1 game one unlucky bounce can tie it. It would not be a bad thing if the Bruins were able to open a larger lead.

W = two points

Have we become so bored with winning that we're now going to criticize the style of the victory?

And Lambda, no bounces could have brought Ottawa back from the 2-1 defecit last night.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

In response to red75's comment:

You should only fight when there's a reason to. When Cook got off the ice alive after levelling Savard I was out of my mind irate. There's your reason to fight. But these last six games, I have not seen any major liberties be taken against the Bruins. Outside of a staged skating clown fight, what reason can you think of lately that a Bruin should have dropped the gloves for?

A team shouldn't be fighting purely for the sake of fighting, especially when they can win without it. I'd be more ticked if a Bruin, like Lucic or McQuaid, got into a scrap for no discernable reason and busted a hand.

Only scrap when you have to.

weaver's hit on lucic was enough to kick someone's A$$ but the game was close so ........

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

So your initial response is to insult me?? Brilliant u genius ....my point is they could create more space for themselves on the ice if they were a little meaner out there. 

And my question is: What would be the end result?  A win?  No matter if it's 2-1  or 15-0, two points is two points.

the result is the same 2 points but when you constantly play one goal games eventually you will lose some of them, i would like to see a few 3 goal leads.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

the result is the same 2 points but when you constantly play one goal games eventually you will lose some of them, i would like to see a few 3 goal leads.

Ask the New Jersey Devils about this theory.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Do you actually watch these games?

here is their record

NYR (1) - BOS (3)

WPG (1) - BOS (2) SO 

BOS (3) - NYR (4) OT

NYI (2) - BOS (4)   

BOS (5) - CAR (3)   

NJD (1) - BOS (2) SO  

BUF (7) - BOS (4) 

BOS (1) - TOR (0)    

BOS (2) - MTL (1)    

BOS (3) - BUF (1)     

NYR (4) - BOS (3) SO    

BOS (2) - BUF (4)     

BOS (3) - WPG (2)     

BOS (4) - TBL (2)      

BOS (4) - FLA (1)    

BOS (4) - NYI (1)    

OTT (1) - BOS (2) OT

I'm no mathematician and I could be wrong but I could 8 1 goal games.  

I count a couple of 3 goal games.  I count a few 2 goal spreads.

I've done this much work to illustrate this for you, tell you what, find me a team this season that demonstrates a more physical game and has a better record, or the one you're talking about.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Seems some folks are not satisfied because the scores are too close and we're not fighting enough. Just imagine if we had a losing record but were starting 4 fights per game. Would that make them happier? Hell, I like fighting but not nearly as much as getting the 2 points. If warranted, we have plenty of guys that will go, and the rest of the league is aware of that fact.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

Some of you misread me.

Again : It's not that I want a fight every game, but more physical plays are needed ! There's no spark, the home crowd is sleeping, and no inspiration that could set the tone....

So ? I didn't say Let's drop the gloves all the time for no reason so we could have fun ! I never said that I want to see blood all over the place...the No fight ? title was more an observation, I mean, it's a fact, there are no fights, but I asked for more physical plays so the Bruins could be more dominant instead of sleeping at the wheel for the third of the game and wakes in time to win. I know that victory is the ultimate goal, and to be sure to achieve it, let's not play with fire every game, let's try to create a margin to make wins more easy and more sure ! That's all !
    And I don't get the 'Why complain, the team is winning'. Why do you think the Habs traded Cole for Ryder? Yes they got a pretty record, but even a blind man could see that Cole wasn't inspired, so they did the move to improve their team. Asking for more physical plays, or a better third line winger than Bourque, or for Seguin to burry opportunities, it's just plain and simple logic !

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Remi72's comment:

Some of you misread me.

Again : It's not that I want a fight every game, but more physical plays are needed ! There's no spark, the home crowd is sleeping, and no inspiration that could set the tone....

So ? I didn't say Let's drop the gloves all the time for no reason so we could have fun ! I never said that I want to see blood all over the place...the No fight ? title was more an observation, I mean, it's a fact, there are no fights, but I asked for more physical plays so the Bruins could be more dominant instead of sleeping at the wheel for the third of the game and wakes in time to win. I know that victory is the ultimate goal, and to be sure to achieve it, let's not play with fire every game, let's try to create a margin to make wins more easy and more sure ! That's all !
    And I don't get the 'Why complain, the team is winning'. Why do you think the Habs traded Cole for Ryder? Yes they got a pretty record, but even a blind man could see that Cole wasn't inspired, so they did the move to improve their team. Asking for more physical plays, or a better third line winger than Bourque, or for Seguin to burry opportunities, it's just plain and simple logic !

Go checkt the standings and come back. 

I really think you are under the impression that the B's aren't doing well.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Some of you misread me.

We do not have any uninspired players like Eric Cole. The one's we have know how to win; Montreal doesn't, and they know it. It will take more than Michael Ryder.

Seems Eric loses interest everywhere he goes.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Some of you misread me.

The only logic that's simple is that you're what they call a "whining fan". You may have an argument if they had a 10-7 record. With a 13-2-2 record? You really don't have a leg to stand on. Sorry, you probably will have a few people on here that will see your" simple logic", but most will just see it as just plain simple.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

B's outhit the Sens 30-15 last night so the physicality is still there. As for fights, if they keep winning I could care less how many times the likes of ST drops the mitts.

That's team toughness. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

I'm no mathematician.  

I disagree.

Sections
Shortcuts