No goal tonight...3 goals in the last 3 games??? What's wrong??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

No goal tonight...3 goals in the last 3 games??? What's wrong??

only 3 goals in the last 3 games ..what is going on ???

and Columbus our next opponent is starting to play better...I dont like this ...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: No goal tonight...3 goals in the last 3 games??? What's wrong??

Being consistently good takes it's toll on the team... and I thought the Bruins were the better team again tonight.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

hit a few posts tonight.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Only got to see the 3rd period but from what they were saying in the 2nd intermission Bruins dominated. What was it 4 ,5 posts ?Then more in the 3rd Theodore looked un-beatable again! 
    Got flashes of Bill Guerin trying to put one in.
    Always seems the play well against the Bruins, even when he was with the Caps.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I'm going to go with "statistical anomaly."

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

They will be fine.  It is just a mini slump.  I would suggest however that your leading scorer and biggest offensive threat should not be 6th or 7th of the forwards in ice time.  I know he doesn't play on the penalty kill but either does Kessel and he gets 20 minutes plus a game.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

It seems the games the Bruins lose, they look the same... outshoot the other team, but they make the other goalie look better than he is.  They still get into slumps where they just dont finish... like tonight, v Winnipeg, v Detroit, early in the season.  No rebound shots.  No real tough shots.  Theodore was dropping rebounds all over the place but no matter how loud Jack yells, those saves just aren't that hard.

That whole 3rd period you could see it coming... lots of shots, no goals, then give up the winner on a sloppy rebound. Disappointing.

Seems that one reason is most the B's goals look similar... cycle, pass across in front, tap-in rebounds.  They do not have a high skill guy on the team who can make the solo play consistently.  So if the passes are off or they arent crashing the net, another 0 or 1 goal game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I thought the B's carried the majority of the play, had a bit of bad luck (posts), Theodore did play well but not spectacular and the Bruin's were either trying to make the perfect shot or were shooting it right at Jose. More traffic to the net and get the dirty ones. Hopefully things will be different at Columbus.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

They got beat by 2 hot goalies who stood on their head. Theodore always seems to save his best for the Bruins !!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In Response to Re: No goal tonight...3 goals in the last 3 games??? What's wrong??:
    [QUOTE]They got beat by 2 hot goalies who stood on their head. Theodore always seems to save his best for the Bruins !!
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]

I heard that Theodore is 9-0-1 in his last 10 against the B's.  Did anyone else hear that?  I didn't know if I heard that right.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Snake bites happen.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Disapointed anytime we lose but can't get mad. The last two games the effort has been there. I am having a lil trouble getting to sleep tonight all I keep hearing in my head is the puck ringing goal posts over and over and over again.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

4 goals in 3 games.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamminjim. Show jamminjim's posts

Not happy ! The bruins were not good and the only reason they did not loose 6-1 is TimThomas.Florida was great with the puck and passing was nice and i`m pissed.The Bruins were getting beat 1on1 and when they shot from the point they hit nothing but florida legs. Florida deserved this game and proved it.I have been a bruins fan since i can remember.Maybe 1975.They sucked tonight!!!!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

http://eleaston.com/chicken.html

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

Wow, did you really think they were going to win every game. The Bs were not going to win every game for the rest of the season. This usually happens when a team finally loses after a long winning streak.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Pretty sure Gretzky's Oilers probably got shutout at some point. I'm sure they've had two game losing streaks as well.
    Relax; the Bruins are fine. You can't win every game in this league.

"The Bruins don't have anyone who can score on individual plays consistently".
    OK, I guess we should go by way of the Washington Capitals, and have all of the goals be based on an individual play; then we can flop in the first round.

This Bruins team is fine the way it is. If they drop back below .500, we can start worrying again. Until then, all is still well. What are we at? 13-2-1 in their last 16?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In Response to Re: No goal tonight...3 goals in the last 3 games??? What's wrong??:
    [QUOTE]
    Not happy ! The bruins were not good and the only reason they did not loose 6-1 is TimThomas.They sucked tonight!!!!

Posted by jamminjim[/QUOTE]

The only reason Florida didn't "loose" 5-1 were the goal posts.

What game were you watching?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Interesting game, as Dineen has a group of experienced players, with a few younger ones, playing tough hockey. Lots of initial shots, but their D tied up all sticks with experience and strength nin front of the net. If Theodore stops the first one, the D gets the rest. Also, in the Bruins end, Thomas is quoted as saying " I thought the defense[CORVO] would clear the rebound, and I relaxed". This is the 4th game in a row that Corvo is missing in the defensive zone. Oh , and is that "our' Rammer on their bench coaching their defense??

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]They will be fine.  It is just a mini slump.  I would suggest however that your leading scorer and biggest offensive threat should not be 6th or 7th of the forwards in ice time.  I know he doesn't play on the penalty kill but either does Kessel and he gets 20 minutes plus a game.  
    Posted by huntbri[/QUOTE]

Hunt, Seguin had over 1 1/2 minutes more ice time then his season average last night . The first line had the most minutes and rightfully so. They have been the team's biggest offensive threat as of late . Still, Seguin had a lot of ice time last night ( over 18 minutes ).

The Leafs rely on Kessel for goals more then the Bruins rely on Seguin ( Bruins scoring is more spread out over 3 lines ) thus the reason why Kessel gets loads of ice time.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Winnipeg and Florida both played intense defensive games so chances were hard to come by. Even with that the good guys hit the post 4-5 times both games, and against Pittsburgh too. Shooting's just off slightly. Can't win em all.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Yes and that gets the Leafs so much better results than the Bruins. Watch a 3rd period from a Bruins-Leafs game, watch as less talented players outwork the tired Kessel and score. More ice time doesn't always = more scoring/better results. A Boston trademark is using all four lines and it... seems to be working. Taking time away from other players will make them less effective.

[QUOTE]They will be fine.  It is just a mini slump.  I would suggest however that your leading scorer and biggest offensive threat should not be 6th or 7th of the forwards in ice time.  I know he doesn't play on the penalty kill but either does Kessel and he gets 20 minutes plus a game.  
    Posted by huntbri[/QUOTE]

Sections
Shortcuts