No Killer Instinct

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from newfiewhaler. Show newfiewhaler's posts

No Killer Instinct

Actually, what I'm really starting to hate about the Bruins is that they just seem to stop. I was glad tonight to see them up 2-0 and then 6-2 but then I just checked to see that they are still up 6-3 with 3 minutes left but they were actually outshoted 22 - 12 in the second period and, so far, 10-5 in the third. Great, they won, but, according to the boxscore the Islanders probably outplayed the Bruins for half the game. I didn't see the game but shouldn't we be dominating the NYI?? I watched the game against Detroit on Sunday afternoon and the Bruins looked good in the first period but that was about it. Their chances after that were simply cursory. For this reason, you would have to think that coaching, and attitude, seem to be a real issue for this team. Even in the "famous" Montreal game, the Bruins lacked killer instinct. I don't know from game to game if the Bruins have a chance of winning. It doesn't matter who they're playing. This is a frustrating team!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: No Killer Instinct

They won 6-3 over a team that had won five out of their last six in convincing fashion....the end.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from newfiewhaler. Show newfiewhaler's posts

That's exactly my point jmwalters. According to the boxscore, it was not in "convincing fashion".

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

A three goal win without any emptynetters is convincing by any definition....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from newfiewhaler. Show newfiewhaler's posts

Half a game ....... sorry!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I guess we just have different opinions on what a convincing win is....no worries, it will neither be the first nor the last...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

In Response to Re: No Killer Instinct:
    [QUOTE]They won 6-3 over a team that had won five out of their last six in convincing fashion....the end.
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

if you are remotely impressed with a win over that horrendous team, then you are totally dillusional...the end

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from newfiewhaler. Show newfiewhaler's posts

Agreed! I just can't get that last game to Philadelphia last year out of my mind. Anyways, at least we got away from useless trade talk for awhile. To your credit, Detroit won 6-2 tonight and were outshot by TB!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]Agreed! I just can't get that last game to Philadelphia last year out of my mind. Anyways, at least we got away from useless trade talk for awhile. To your credit, Detroit won 6-2 tonight and were outshot by TB!
    Posted by newfiewhaler[/QUOTE]
    The third Julien clearly had them sit back and try to maintain the lead. The Islanders didn't outplay them in any sense of the word.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Half a game ....... sorry!
    Once Boston went up 6-2 they started to just dump and cycle the puck.The checks became non-existant and the NYI managed a high shot count for the final 2 periods.Not only did I not care,but I was somewhat pleased Rask was able to get more work and no one for the Bruins got hurt.The game was NEVER at all in doubt so I wouldn't worry that much about what the post-game stats said.Perhaps if you had watched the game,rather than simply reading a box-score before coming here to complain about nothing.I've got to say,you aren't doing much here to fight the "stupid Newfie"sterotypes.........

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from newfiewhaler. Show newfiewhaler's posts

Hey dezaruchi, did you even read this thread?? I already said that I didn't see the game but thanks for your input so that I know now how the game unfolded. I still feel that the Bruins lack that killer instinct. Don't get me wrong, I want them to win. Just a little nervous after so many years of losing.

BTW, if you've ever been lucky enough to know a newf, you'd know that they really don't care about being called stipid or whatever else. Actually that comment made me realize that you're a jack@ss!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from alwaysabruin. Show alwaysabruin's posts

To newfie whaler this is what I read about your post blah, blah, blah,

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Dez is right Newfie, in the 3rd period Claude used his 3rd and 4th lines constantly. Thornton was on the ice so much he looked and skated like he was in the ice capades. With all that ice time he had one hit, and it was McQuaid, not Thornton who took on Konopka[ sp.], he of so manu fights. Ryder was loafing all game long which made Seguin work harder, which he did. Horton is still snake bit but keeps hustling. Looked as tho looch kinda took an easy night. Hope these do not become bad habits. Obviously Goeff Ward, who was laughing on the bench, was not concerned.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

being up 5-1 in a hockey game is like being up 42-0 in a football game, in football...you run the ball- no deep passes- keep the clock moving. in hockey...you dump the puck and let the clock run. either way, your really just hoping to get through the game healthy, some teams while down,will take cheap shots. the recent stiff penalties to the isles and the refs 10 min misconduct stemmed this a bit. i'm glad for it, that game could have gotten ugly. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

With all do respect, I don't really see how you can comment on a game by just looking at the box score and not actually seeing the game. See if you can catch a Bruin's in 2 - they were pretty dominant the entire time, just switched up strategies late on in.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from newfiewhaler. Show newfiewhaler's posts

Alright I conceed on the Islanders game. Sounds like those of you who watched it felt that the Bruins were in control.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckhog9966. Show puckhog9966's posts

Fact of the matter is they beat a team they should beat last night. The real power of the NHL this year is in the west and the bruins are 2 wins and 7 losses versus teams from the west who are in the playoffs currently. 1 win and 2 losses versus teams who would be out of the playoffs from the west.

They are beating up on teams from the east who they should beat and playing a couple games over .500 versus teams from the east currently making the playoffs.

There is a lack of quality wins this season. We wont be playing the Islanders in the playoffs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Whay would you say if you were a habs fan ...losing 4-1 to the worst team in the NHL ???

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i don't know stanley...why don't YOU let us know? your cover has been blown!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Hey dezaruchi, did you even read this thread?? I already said that I didn't see the game but thanks for your input so that I know now how the game unfolded. I still feel that the Bruins lack that killer instinct. Don't get me wrong, I want them to win. Just a little nervous after so many years of losing. BTW, if you've ever been lucky enough to know a newf, you'd know that they really don't care about being called stipid or whatever else. Actually that comment made me realize that you're a jack@ss!
    I'm from NB and spent some time in your lovely province.From my experience,I found most of the Newfs have a good sense of humor about the Newfie stereotype.Obviously,you're one that doesn't.Sorry, I meant no disrespect to Newfoundlanders in general(just to you I suppose but I'm just a jack@ss anyway).

Sections
Shortcuts