No matter what PC says, Bruins MUST sign at least 2 FA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: No matter what PC says, Bruins MUST sign at least 2 FA

In Response to Re: No matter what PC says, Bruins MUST sign at least 2 FA:
    [QUOTE]ON Pitkanen a PMD that would make us wish that we had Wideman back.  His best year was 6 years ago with 13G and 46 points and a plus 22, he has been a negative player 4 of the 5 years since.

It is all moot, if the PP is not rectified, the pmd will not get points to validate his existence, and that means a PP coach, or a lot more work on this part of the Bruin`s game, or new blood -March Seg Sauve type new blood, or addition of a sniper that works PP like Stamkos.Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]

Gotta disagree on the Wideman comparison GOAT. Joni can skate, pass n shoot much, much better than it's electric blueline dance Dennis. Rutherford doesn't trade for head cases or try to feverishly resign underachievers who can't retrieve pucks like a good #2.

I agree on another sniper for the Bs PP Pitkanen, Wiz or Kabs won't fix it if Geoff Ward is still here...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

No one has convinced me otherwise, 2 FA for sure.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carbonribs. Show carbonribs's posts

[QUOTE]ON Pitkanen a PMD that would make us wish that we had Wideman back.  His best year was 6 years ago with 13G and 46 points and a plus 22, he has been a negative player 4 of the 5 years since. Kab's best season was also 6 years ago and Wides was 3 years ago. Wides also made the least of the 3. Leave pitk where he is to, sign Kab for 3.5 or leave him. Only UFA pmd worthy right now is Wisznew and he is not worth over 4M but will get 5M. Pay the bucks for Weber 6.5M, Doughty 6.0M, or Yandle 5.5 to 6M and leave the rest. It is all moot, if the PP is not rectified, the pmd will not get points to validate his existence, and that means a PP coach, or a lot more work on this part of the Bruin`s game, or new blood -March Seg Sauve type new blood, or addition of a sniper that works PP like Stamkos.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]

COMPLETELY disagree on your Pitkanen comparison to Kaberle, and Wideman. Pitkanen is a MUCH better hockey player than Wides. Pitkanen can actually play in his own zone, and you mention he was in the minuses, but look at the team he's been with. Wides has been in the minuses too. I just can't believe someone would actually say Pitkanen would make me want Wides back. Nobody could do that. Wides was HORRIFIC. Terrible player. The rest of the team made him look good in '08-'09, he was worthless otherwise.

Also, Weber is staying in Nashville, so is Doughty in LA, and Yandle is not coming to Boston. Wishful thinking. And don't even for a second get your hopes up of bringing in new blood, "like Stamkos". He's staying in Tampa. He said it himself. And Boston would be the last team in the running for him anyway.

As far as the thread topic, I do agree. I'd like to see Pitkanen and Laich come here, though I expect neither, and am pretty sure Kaberle and Ryder will be back. Well, Kaberle for sure, Ryder a little less. I just think PC likes Kaberle too much, even though he's been exact opposite of what we hoped. Third pairing d-man who is the most predictable man on the PP for $4M? Yeah, why not.

No, thanks.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No matter what PC says, Bruins MUST sign at least 2 FA : If you wait then you paint yourself into a corner because all the FA will be taken by then. The most certain way to have an NHL roster player to have an NHL roster player, NOT a guy you THINK will be an NHL roster player. Too many guys isn't a problem when you're under the cap unless you have to buy them out.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

You can 'paint yourself into a corner' by pushing yourself too close up against the cap so you are not able make deals come the tradeline. Stay patient , work with what you have . The Bruins are in an enviable position , having won the cup and being able to bring up some young players they have drafted to see how they'll perform in the bigs. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No matter what PC says, Bruins MUST sign at least 2 FA : Gotta disagree on the Wideman comparison GOAT. Joni can skate, pass n shoot much, much better than it's electric blueline dance Dennis. Rutherford doesn't trade for head cases or try to feverishly resign underachievers who can't retrieve pucks like a good #2. I agree on another sniper for the Bs PP Pitkanen, Wiz or Kabs won't fix it if Geoff Ward is still here...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Add my affirmative on the Geoff Ward comment.  As Shupe stated above stay away from the money chasing poor FA this year.  Kaberle if the money is right.  Ryder if he signs for 2.5 and short years.  I'd rather have Kaberle until one of the young defensemen works their way onto the Bs lineup.  Overall stay the course, play the young players.  Trades can bring in help if the Bs are in serious playoff contention next year.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tremha. Show tremha's posts

[QUOTE]Add a spot for Recchi..could be as many as 3 and possibly 4 if JB gets moved.
    Posted by bruinsGENIUS[/QUOTE]

wrong math.  From game 7 line-up, Ryder and Reechi out, Horton in, that leaves 1 available spot.  Most likely Caron.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]I would want PC to sign Raffi Torres only if he put a hit out on him right afterwards... Dude's such a d bag, it's not even comical... You guys remember that penalty he got when he just barely missed hitting Boychuk in Game 7 I think it was? The only thing on his mind was hurting Boychuk because his team was getting smoked... No room in the game for that... F*ck Raffi Torres...
    Posted by mannyortez3424[/QUOTE]
    Go cry.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

I say trade the softie Lucic for a great scorer...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

If you want to take advantage of all this "talent", then you must play them to really find out what you have. It's time to open up a few spots. Recchi and Ryder are gone, as Ryder will get a decent contract somewhere else. Caron, Spooner, Knight, etc... should get a chance to show their stuff. And not just a chance for the forth line kind of thing. A real chance to make the 3rd line, and fight for 2nd, like Marchant did. This team is too good to worry about fighting for a playoff spot. Since 80%+ of the team that won the Cup is coming back, then I'd say you'd have few worries of that happening. 

As for Defense, I'd like Kabbie back. He did his job. After that, I'd like to see them try to bring in a # 3 or 4 Dman. Tough to do, but there are a couple UFA available for them to wave some money at. Kempfer looked good for the short time I saw him, and that might be the answer, but better too many D, then not enough as Vancouver found out again. (man they did get hit hard on the D injuries, much to our benefit).

Watching the talent get better is one of the great parts of seeing a team develop, and there is much to be excited about, so I'm all for "bringing them up" to see what there is. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]If you want to take advantage of all this "talent", then you must play them to really find out what you have. It's time to open up a few spots. Recchi and Ryder are gone, as Ryder will get a decent contract somewhere else. Caron, Spooner, Knight, etc... should get a chance to show their stuff. And not just a chance for the forth line kind of thing. A real chance to make the 3rd line, and fight for 2nd, like Marchant did. This team is too good to worry about fighting for a playoff spot. Since 80%+ of the team that won the Cup is coming back, then I'd say you'd have few worries of that happening.  As for Defense, I'd like Kabbie back. He did his job. After that, I'd like to see them try to bring in a # 3 or 4 Dman. Tough to do, but there are a couple UFA available for them to wave some money at. Kempfer looked good for the short time I saw him, and that might be the answer, but better too many D, then not enough as Vancouver found out again. (man they did get hit hard on the D injuries, much to our benefit). Watching the talent get better is one of the great parts of seeing a team develop, and there is much to be excited about, so I'm all for "bringing them up" to see what there is.   
    Posted by perrysound[/QUOTE]

perry the problem is that CJ is a rookie killer.  How do we even know he is gonna let Seguin play regular shifts next year let alone Caron. 
    I liked the Kaberle pick up.  But he just didnt fit in.  Yes, I realize we won the cup and he did get better as we went on, but he wasnt brought here to be a 5-6 dman.  I would rather pay the same dollars to Pitkanen who will be what Kaberle was supposed to be.  He is mobile, his 1st pass is excellent and he doesnt mind throwing his weight around. 
    I think at the very least we must add one ufa fwd.  We do have extra spots on the roster all year.  And the obvious is a top 4 dman pick up and allow Kampfer to be the 7th dman. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No matter what PC says, Bruins MUST sign at least 2 FA : You can 'paint yourself into a corner' by pushing yourself too close up against the cap so you are not able make deals come the tradeline. Stay patient , work with what you have . The Bruins are in an enviable position , having won the cup and being able to bring up some young players they have drafted to see how they'll perform in the bigs. 
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

I agree, but I think they can have their cake and eat it, too.  I think they can easily sign 2 FA's and have money to spare for the trade deadline.

Actually, I think that's what PC meant when he said they won't be 'big' players in FA, that they won't be getting big ticket guys, but a couple of 2-3 mil players.

Sections
Shortcuts