No mention of game in NYC papers!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

No mention of game in NYC papers!!

Yeah I know that their are no  NY teams left but come on not even a  mention, really pathetic. The NY Times has a story but not The Post nor The Daily News!! Disgraceful!! There are a lot of Bruins fans and of course the love fest that surrounds Crosby, I guess I was surprised.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Re: No mention of game in NYC papers!!

In response to laurienyc13's comment:

Yeah I know that their are no  NY teams left but come on not even a  mention, really pathetic. The NY Times has a story but not The Post nor The Daily News!! Disgraceful!! There are a lot of Bruins fans and of course the love fest that surrounds Crosby, I guess I was surprised.

My experience with some NY papers has been that they seem to go to print early (or something)and are a day late with some sporting news. Plus, like you say, with no NY teams left they probably don't give a s_ _ _. Gotta wonder if Pitt was up 2-0 if there would be coverage?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

The papers both have the Heat and Pacers game and that ended about same time! I'm sure if the Pens won they would have covered it. This is Stanley Cups playoffs, hardest series in all of sports, they had the outcome of both games between Chicago and LA! Pisses me OFF!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I'm not surprrised.  Rangers have enough problems to fill a few pages!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The papers both have the Heat and Pacers game and that ended about same time! I'm sure if the Pens won they would have covered it. This is Stanley Cups playoffs, hardest series in all of sports, they had the outcome of both games between Chicago and LA! Pisses me OFF!!

Hockey is not as popular as basketball.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

The basketball game was "covered" because the Heat article was written two days ago!!! Anyone with a pulse knows that the WWNBA is rigged. They even have covicted refs to prove it. No way the NBA was going to allow the Heat to lose in a game 7 in Miami with the Eastern Conference Championship on the line.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Oh? I always thought that the only good use for any new york papers were to put on the bottom of your bird cage or hampster.....etc etc.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Well there is an AP article on the NY Post online...

http://stats.nypost.com/nhl/front.asp

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Big market teams....Thats all they care about in sports. No one would ever allow a Kansas City vs. Memphis show down. I dont know basketball, so Im not looking up to see if this CC series is even possible. Just trying to prove a point, that the 2 nobody teams is gonna get NO respect.

Truth is, when the B's got knocked out of the playoffs in years past, I dont really watch much hockey when they are out of the playoffs. Its sad, but I could care less. I pick up a few minutes here and there, of the teams left, but thats about it.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

I get that hockey is not as big as other sports but why have coverage of other series? Pittsburg  and Boston are a lot closer that Chicago and LA? I subscribe to the Globe online but didnt bring my Ipad this morning getting my coffee so I picked up the local papers. Just pissed me off after such a great game against the might Pens and Crosby that no mention of the B's outstanding performance. Wasted $1.75

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

In response to ROWDYRODRUST's comment:

The basketball game was "covered" because the Heat article was written two days ago!!! Anyone with a pulse knows that the WWNBA is rigged. They even have covicted refs to prove it. No way the NBA was going to allow the Heat to lose in a game 7 in Miami with the Eastern Conference Championship on the line.

Bingo!!!  Pretty much my reply when co-workers here in FL wanted to discuss the NBAofStern game last night...  don't care,  did'nt watch.  It's all pre-arranged,  so why waste my time. 

Now,  that Bruins game...  amazing!!!

Sections
Shortcuts