No Monday Morning Quarterbacks!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulyboy. Show paulyboy's posts

No Monday Morning Quarterbacks!

Lets all stick our necks out and give a thumbs up or down on the Chiarelli moves.  Are you behind him or not.  I realize the deadline is close by, but let assume all is done..Do we have enough to make it to the CUP???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Re: No Monday Morning Quarterbacks!

No they dont have enough for a Cup, but that doesnt necessarily give PC a thumbs down.  I think he;s done as well as could be expected.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Too early to tell how far they can go in the playoffs but they are better than they were before the deals. More skilled, more speed, more grit.  I like it and will enjoy the ride.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Hard to really say because you don't know who he tried to get.Chris Kelly is a good player but we already have him in Greg Campbell. I like the Kaberle and Peverley moves.
    Yes i do think this team has a legit shot at the cup

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

In Response to No Monday Morning Quarterbacks!:
    [QUOTE]Lets all stick our necks out and give a thumbs up or down on the Chiarelli moves.  Are you behind him or not.  I realize the deadline is close by, but let assume all is done..Do we have enough to make it to the CUP???
    Posted by paulyboy[/QUOTE]

NO!...What dot he following teams have in common:

Detroit - Datsyuk / Zetterberg

Philadelphia - Brierre / Carter

San Jose - Thornton / Marleau

Vancouver - Sedin / Sedin

Tampa Bay - Stamkos / St. Louis

Washington - Ovechkin / Semin

...Elite scorers. These are the teams that will compete hard for the Cup this year. The Bruins need that "threat" up-front. Thier close but missing one more piece.

**One more thing: Boston clearly have the edge in net. However, many dismiss the fact thay the playoffs are a whole different animal. ANY and i repeat ANY goaltender can get HOT and carry a team. What i am trying to say is don't bank on Thomas (as good as he is) taking this team all the way...A top-6 forward is a must!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: No Monday Morning Quarterbacks!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to No Monday Morning Quarterbacks! : NO!...What do the following teams have in common: Detroit - Datsyuk / Zetterberg Philadelphia - Brierre / Carter San Jose - Thornton / Marleau Vancouver - Sedin / Sedin Tampa Bay - Stamkos / St. Louis Washington - Ovechkin / Semin ...Elite scorers.
    Posted by xenimus[/QUOTE]

How many Stanley Cup rings are in that group?

2 for Datsyuk, 1 for Zetterberg and 1 for St Louis.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Oh no another thread for BB to weigh in on regarding Chiarelli great....

Detroit - Datsyuk / Zetterberg - Yes Xenimus the Wings could make a run but is young Howard up for the task ?

Philadelphia - Brierre / Carter - Great deep team up n down but to PB37 and Bookboys point their golatending just doesn't scare me at all.

San Jose - Thornton / Marleau - Xenimus, What has this duo done so far in the playoffs in recent years ?

Vancouver - Sedin / Sedin - Will their defense be healthy by the playoffs ? Loungo has let this great team down before.

Tampa Bay - Stamkos / St. Louis - Goaltending is terrible 2nd round at the most that's it. Roloson played his way out of the Island good for him but that's it.

Washington - Ovechkin / Semin - Same as San Jose great tandem but their goaltending is like Tampa's and the Sharks not scary at all very shoddy.

As of today I give PC a thumbs up I've been screaming for speed on the wings I got it with a PP QB! The Bruins should at least get to the Eastern conference finals then I give them a 50/50 chance of getting past the Flyers.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Weak and lame replies so far.  I'll say thumbs up for PC - he did well within the salary cap confines and he definitely improved the team.  Power play improves, face off wins improve, penalty killing responsibilities are spread - aren't those necessary for playoff success.  PC gets a B+ and he may have more up his sleeve - Hnidy tryout?  Boychuk trade?

kelvana - Chris Kelly is not Gregory Campbell ... don't be ridiculous.   Both will be infinitely valuable in their own roles as the regular season closes out and the post season begins.  Watch the games before you comment.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Thumbs up. Kept the team chemistry and added what was lacking: teams speed, a legitimate third line center, and a PMD. Also, he added without screwing us in future years like Chicago did last year and Philly seems to be doing this year.

Good enough....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Maybe PC will have the Mona Lisa smile?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe PC will have the Mona Lisa smile?
    Posted by huscroft28[/QUOTE]

As long as it is not this one:

http://www.collegehumor.com/picture:90793

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Thumbs up all the way.
    Improved team chemistry, overall the team is faster.
    Peverly and Kelly are signed through next year, nice move not getting rentals.
    Kaberle will likely sign here for next year.

Rather than mortgage all for a cup run, a perfect strategy to do what he can do to  make a decent cup run and also set the team up for next year.

Usually its a choice to go one way or another, perfect balancing act.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Shrewd and knowing with a little bit of a smile.  Let's hope anyway.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Thumbs up for making the moves BEFORE the deadline and not waiting.  I think this team does have enough talent to make it to the Cup, but I question the Coaching, specifically in a 6 or 7 game series where CJ has been schooled in two consecutive years by Paul Maurice and Peter Laviolette.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

The play-offs are a different story in all sports ie Who thought San Fran would win the World Series a group of players that no other GM's wanted an deja vu WS rings.

For our hard nose Bruins we have 75% chance for winning the cup. So far I like what PC has done for acquisitions extra center men is always good on a third and 4th line for face-offs, i am not sure about their face-off % for Peverly and Kelly but if the ref tells Kelly to get out of face off circle then it is good to have another center to come in replace for a shot a winning the faceoff. This third line for the Bruins will be a big factor come play-offs.

If Buffalo was willing to give Mike Grier for Ryder I would take it. Grier is always a 100% third line RW play-off player and great on the PK and half decent speed with grit. I watch grier play in the play-offs and either sets up a nice goalsl or scores an important goal. He may not be an elite player but will show for the play-offs.

3rd line Peverly Seguin Grier
    4th line Kelly Campbell Thornton

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]The play-offs are a different story in all sports ie Who thought San Fran would win the World Series a group of players that no other GM's wanted an deja vu WS rings. For our hard nose Bruins we have 75% chance for winning the cup. So far I like what PC has done for acquisitions extra center men is always good on a third and 4th line for face-offs, i am not sure about their face-off % for Peverly and Kelly but if the ref tells Kelly to get out of face off circle then it is good to have another center to come in replace for a shot a winning the faceoff. This third line for the Bruins will be a big factor come play-offs. If Buffalo was willing to give Mike Grier for Ryder I would take it. Grier is always a 100% third line RW play-off player and great on the PK and half decent speed with grit. I watch grier play in the play-offs and either sets up a nice goalsl or scores an important goal. He may not be an elite player but will show for the play-offs. 3rd line Peverly Seguin Grier 4th line Kelly Campbell Thornton
    Posted by boborielly224[/QUOTE]

There's lots and lots and lots of guys I would give up for Ryder.  His last 5-6 games have been good, but I haven't forgotten about the 130 games plus before that.

Anyone recall last season?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Camp and Kelly are same players, except Camp has 10 pounds and is tougher, is 3 years younger and 1M cheaper.

Peverley is better on faceoffs than Kelly, I believe Kelly is not as adaptable to playing wing is why Pev is there.  It is a great bonus as noted above to have another center available to step in though when zebras do their usual.

Pc has made improvements, though the missing link is the elite player.

2010-Chi  Kane Toews
    2009-Pit   Crosby Malkin
    2008-Det  Zetter Dats
    2007-Ana  Getzlaf Perry Selanne
    2006-Car  Staal  Brind'Amoour Recchi
    2004-TBay  Richards St Louis Lecalvier
    2003-NJ    Niewendyk Elias Langenbrunner Neidermeyer Brodeur
    2002-Det   Shanahan Federov Hull Robitaille Yzerman--Datsyuk was just a bit    player
    2001-Col   Sakic Forsberg Bourque
    2000-NJ  Elias Neidermeyer Stevens

All these teams have the elite players, except NJ was more in the elite goaltending and D.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

thumbs up defiantly for me. chiarelli has done a fantastic job fine tuning the bruins line-up. i feel really confident this team is ready for a cup run. i was trying to remember how felt last year. i recall not thinking that the bruins had the horses to make a serious run so pulled up a lineup. so to the left is from a mark marinos blog "the hub of hockey" on April 28 2010. its was when they were waiting to play the flyers and here's what they rolled out for practice. the list to right is what the bruins rolled out against Calgary Tuesday night according to flutos blog that day.

lucic-krejci-satan                       lucic-krejci-horton
    sturm-bergeron-recchi                marchand-bergeron-recchi
    sobotka-savard-ryder                 peverley-kelly-ryder
    paille-begin-wheeler                   seguin-campbell-thornton
    chara-boychuk                          chara-boychuk
    wideman-hunwick                      kaberle-seidenberg
    ference-mcquaid                       ference-mcquaid
    rask                                        thomas
    thomas                                    rask

i know we are a good ways away from a playoff roster in April of this year but if chiarelli is done and we do go into this years play-offs with the roster from Tuesday night i feel like the bruins can make the run all bruins fans are looking for but that's just my opinion.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Thorn replaced Sturm and Whitfield replaced Krej, I don't know how we didn't win those 2 prolific scorers taking over.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

Yes, they absolutely have enough for the cup after the moves.

If not, they shouldn't be done making moves.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]Camp and Kelly are same players, except Camp has 10 pounds and is tougher, is 3 years younger and 1M cheaper. Peverley is better on faceoffs than Kelly, I believe Kelly is not as adaptable to playing wing is why Pev is there.  It is a great bonus as noted above to have another center available to step in though when zebras do their usual. Pc has made improvements, though the missing link is the elite player. 2010-Chi  Kane Toews 2009-Pit   Crosby Malkin 2008-Det  Zetter Dats 2007-Ana  Getzlaf Perry Selanne 2006-Car  Staal  Brind'Amoour Recchi 2004-TBay  Richards St Louis Lecalvier 2003-NJ    Niewendyk Elias Langenbrunner Neidermeyer Brodeur 2002-Det   Shanahan Federov Hull Robitaille Yzerman--Datsyuk was just a bit    player 2001-Col   Sakic Forsberg Bourque 2000-NJ  Elias Neidermeyer Stevens All these teams have the elite players, except NJ was more in the elite goaltending and D.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]

To be fair, an elite player is usually labeled so after a fair dose of hindsight. For example, Brad Richards in 2004 was simply a solid top six forward and it was his role in the playoffs that year that elevated him to elite status.

It is logical to assume that if the B's win the cup this year a couple of their best players may also get labeled as such. So, let's say Bergeron has 5 game winning goals, leads the team in scoring, and wins the Conn Smythe in a cup run. If that happens then it might be concievable that he may get tagged as an elite player.

Also, Chara and TT have both won major hardware so it is possible to assume they are elite players....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Sav replacement as soon as he went down for season became a new job for Pc, he has made us better, but the pt+ per game player did not come.

Don't say they are not out there, they are, the problem is what are you willing to give up, and apparently Pc deems the asking too high.

Peverley replaces Wheeler fine.
    Stuart is not replaced by Valabik nor Hnidy.

Kab is a PMD and PP QB, hopefully, when all the oohing and aahing is over, he has done what he was supposed to do and made our PP elite or at least existant and to be feared.

I would love the over the top player, even for a Krej, 1of Kamp/Boyc/McQ, a top prospect Arniel and the #1 pick, if it is a center, or a Horton instead of Krej for a winger and a Fer/Seid if the other 3 D are not desirable.  A top liner plus another roster player, plus the top prospect, plus the Leafs #1 could rate a fine return, it is far more than we got for Joe.  I would hate to lose Krej or Horton, so the return would have to be good.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: No Monday Morning Quarterbacks!
    [QUOTE]The elite player is/was Marc Savard.   Savvy is a Top 10 scorer in this league.  Hands down.  Savard's concussions have nothing to do with PC.  This is just bad luck.
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

Exactly!  Unless a sniper falls out of the wild wild world NHL financial hardship, Dallas or Colorado, in a "cash for clunker" deal, the Bs will not be able to improve the team.  Chemistry of the team is now important especailly after these trades!  Of course if one is a poster who has "tunnel vision" and a pseudo clairvoyance, then the belief of any move now will bring a panacea of Cups and destroy the perceived fate of decade old Jacobean curmudgeon ownership..... Back to reality, the Bs are Stanley Cup contenders.  Bs fans know full well if a team has an injury to key players, any team can fall from grace of NHL gods. And add that thought that the best of elite player teams can be eliminated by goalies ( ala Washington and Pittsburgh last year) then Bs can succeed in winning the Cup.  To think otherwise means you are a casual fan. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from FinnsWake. Show FinnsWake's posts

In a 7 game series, everyone has a chance.

PC has made the B's more competitive. If certain players on the team like Horton and Ryder deliver consistently down the stretch, no reason we can't go deep in the post season.

Sections
Shortcuts