no One Stuck Up For Chara

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Re: no One Stuck Up For Chara

He didnt give him a cheat shot, Chara played like crap and was being a sore loser..

Watch the video, stop relying so heavily on Edwards, a one handed push off the back to make some seperation as he was turning to the right..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I disagree, Roler.  To me, it was, "Move, loser", not "Sorry, trying to get by".

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Recchi, Kampfer and Seguin were on the ice with Chara at the time of the goal.  Kind of interesting that Gomez got involved since he was not on the ice for the goal. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: no One Stuck Up For Chara:
    [QUOTE]He didnt give him a cheat shot, Chara played like crap and was being a sore loser.. Watch the video, stop relying so heavily on Edwards, a one handed push off the back to make some seperation as he was turning to the right..
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]
    C'mon Roler.He knew exactly what he was doing when he shoved Chara.I watched the HNIC feed and don't need Edwards to tell me he was trying to initiate a response from Chara.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]He didnt give him a cheat shot, Chara played like crap and was being a sore loser.. Watch the video, stop relying so heavily on Edwards, a one handed push off the back to make some seperation as he was turning to the right..

I guess Pacioretty disagrees with you.

MONTREAL Max Pacioretty experienced what he called the greatest feeling he's had in hockey when his overtime winner capped a two-goal Montreal Canadiens' comeback in the third period to beat the Boston Bruins 3-2 on Saturday night at the Bell Centre.

His celebration, however, could probably use some work.

As Pacioretty raised his hands in the air he skated by Bruins captain
    www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8465009">Zdeno Chara and, for some reason he couldn't identify, decided to give him a shove.
    All 6-foot-9 of him.

That turned into a little melee between Chara and Canadiens defenseman Hal Gill, while Scott Gomez and Steve Kampfer also got into it, but ultimately nothing much came of it.

Still, Pacioretty was pretty embarrassed afterwards.

"I don't know what I was thinking," Pacioretty said. "I tried to stay away. I feel bad for the guys that went in there and stood up for me."

http://www.nhl.com/ice/recap.htm?id=2010020614

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

You can disagree on the message, but the idea that it was a "cheap shot" it was a one handed push, and at that time of the game NAS, move over loser seems appropriate doesnt it? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

So, someone explain the cheap shot to me? stick infraction injury? 

chara was being pissy..

B's leagion I agree with you about being ok with chara being mad, hoping it carries over, but this is the second time this season he has had an incident like this didnt carrry over last time..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]You can disagree on the message, but the idea that it was a "cheap shot" it was a one handed push, and at that time of the game NAS, move over loser seems appropriate doesnt it? 
    Appropriate if you want a punch in the face.You read the quote.He was embarrassed  so why stick up for him?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Do you remember the feeling of losing an overtime game to a rival?  You're upset and angry.  Then having that rival immediately push you from behind for no reason than to say "f-you loser"??

It's not that the push was dangerous or violent at all.  But it was something that would have pissed me right off too.  An unnecesary jab at the wrong time.  Chara reaction was real and honest, and I applaud it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

It was a shove while moving past, it was an afterthought, and it wasn't confrontational..

Chara was being a sore loser.. No one stuck up for him cause there was nothing to stick up for other then some hurt pride..

Like i said i will be glad to see him get fired up off it, that shove was less of a push the the one miller gave him, chara had a similar reaction, and carried 0% of it over to the next game..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Don't know what else to say roler -- totally disagree.  Again, I'm not saying the little shove was any big deal physically, but it was confrontational -- that's why the guy admitted he was embarassed.  You take a shot a guy twice your size to taunt him after a big loss -- you get what we saw.  Maxy boy is lucky his teammates were there...and he knows it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kivvak. Show kivvak's posts

If you just blew a 2 goal lead and someone pushed you from behind, you would react the same way no matter how hard of a push it was.

Over the past two seasons the only players that have truly shown a willingness to stand up for their teamates are Savard, Ferrence, and Stuart. That is a disgace, especially if you look at the make up of this team. The mentality to not retaliate and respond with emotion comes from the top. How many times have we heard a player spout the company line before a game where the fans are expecting blood. " we have to worry about the two points first. Todays NHL does not allow frontier justice."
    We have a coach who wants his players to play an emotionless disciplined game of hockey and a captain that brings his A game once every ten games. Until that changes we are a one or two round playoff team at best.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Fletch, I see it more the way you do, I think, but lets  be honest, take the timing of it away, do you think twice about it?  I mean your calling it a push from behing, but it was a one handed shove off, it didnt knock Chara off balance, it didn't interupt his skating..I think he saw a white jersey and it was reactionary, does that make it the right move no, but a cheap shot??  I would take less offense to that then someone putting it in my net at the end of a period or after a whistle

I think chara is fine to have the reaction he did, But there was nothing to stick up for him too..  but I dont think its going to carry over, which means it was meaningless..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Fletch again,
    take a shot at a guy, MP did it and didnt flinch skated off and joined his team mates.. there was no taunt in there..

Everyone who wants to say "hey you just blew a 2 goal lead"... blah blah blah..

your defining a sore loser..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

"Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser"- Vince Lombardi

"Show me a gracious loser and I'll show you a failure"- Knute Rockne

I am fine with Chara's reaction, I would just like to see more of it during the game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Crowls I hope so, I know after the miller shove I was saying "i hope this is what fires him up, I hope he realizes that players arent afraid of him" made the point that Miller would never have shoved pronger that way..

But it didnt carry over.. Probably went to the locker room, got calmed down, maybe a "hey, we cant take bad penalties we need you" from CJ..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Yeah, I like the quotes from Crowls.  Roler, it probably was a bit of a sore loser move, but there are times when a push is more than just a push.

It's not what MP did, it is when he did it.  Further, the push is sort of symbolic of just how comfortable the Habs feel around Chara and the Bruins in general.  For the Bruins to improve (and for them to be fun to watch) they need to command a little more respect.  The type of respect that prevents an AHL call-up nobody from provoking our captain Norris trophy candidate after a game has already ended.

It wasn't that big of a deal, but it shouldn't happen, period.  And the only way to make it stop is to punish someone for it.  Not trying to sound like a goon, but the Bruins have to start exercising their physical advantage over the Habs, sore losers or not.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Well said Fletch, speed, quickness, agility does not tilt their way against the Habs, physicality does.  They need to play with greater conviction and impose their will on them.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Fletch,
    well worded, exactly my point too, I don't expect chara is going to reinvent himself now though.. When it happened against buffalo, it was more blatent, more intentional in my eyes, a big showing from chara at the end, and 0 carry over..

Teams feel chara is a great defender, teams dont fear chara is how i feel.. he doesnt get the same "respect" or whatever you want to call it that pronger does, or even Lucic..

I'd love to hear the big guy come out and say "MP felt after the game that clearly its ok to push me around, next time I will make sure he knows its not" or anything along those lines.. I just dont see it happening..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

You don't have to be a "goon" to be tougher to play against...something almost the entire team is lacking.
    Bottom Line: When this team does not hit, they do NOT win! Not physically involved, not allot of passion.
    Doc

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

IHey Fletcher it is good to see we agree on this!!!!!!!n Response to Re: no One Stuck Up For Chara:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, I like the quotes from Crowls.  Roler, it probably was a bit of a sore loser move, but there are times when a push is more than just a push. It's not what MP did, it is when he did it.  Further, the push is sort of symbolic of just how comfortable the Habs feel around Chara and the Bruins in general.  For the Bruins to improve (and for them to be fun to watch) they need to command a little more respect.  The type of respect that prevents an AHL call-up nobody from provoking our captain Norris trophy candidate after a game has already ended. It wasn't that big of a deal, but it shouldn't happen, period.  And the only way to make it stop is to punish someone for it.  Not trying to sound like a goon, but the Bruins have to start exercising their physical advantage over the Habs, sore losers or not.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: no One Stuck Up For Chara : C'mon Roler.He knew exactly what he was doing when he shoved Chara.I watched the HNIC feed and don't need Edwards to tell me he was trying to initiate a response from Chara.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Exactly -- Forget the time and place and the 5 minute major for boarding -- Chara needs to flatten Pach like a pancake the first chance he gets next meeting. This punk needs a lesson especially since he's now trying to talk his way out of it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Over this side of the pond there's a phrase for that sort of shove: Handbags (as in Handbags at Dawn, like when you see two football/soccer players 'fight').

Chara got angry, which is fine, but he could have done with using his intimidating physical presence a bit more while the game was in the balance. I dare say no one else was on the ice cos they all wanted to get in the dressing room as fast as possible so they could go and punch some lockers.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Have zero problem with what Chara did, in fact I'd like to see a few more "sore losers".  I'd just like to see them get a little more "sore' when the game is actually being played.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

That was one of the times I wished the Bruins played with an edge that the Flyers play with... Not saying the dirty part. I want to see these Bruins hit everything that moves and make some people angry. That's how they have been successful.