No other fans do this thing Montreal fans do...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greatseason. Show Greatseason's posts

Re: No other fans do this thing Montreal fans do...

Bergeron did'nt say the same thing  last week when he was interviewed by RDS sorry for U , but it's your excuse ... cuz he's a quebecer you have to invent some stories about hating the habs , sorry folks for this one you're wrong..

We often see him on TV with Joel Bouchard for Mc Donald hockey lessons . That's my kind of frenchie !

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

In Response to Re: No other fans do this thing Montreal fans do...:
    In Response to Re: No other fans do this thing Montreal fans do... : It sounds like a crowd of 12 year old girls when Justin Bieber comes out on stage
    Posted by Swerengen

LMAO!!!!!!! Great comparison!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: No other fans do this thing Montreal fans do... : savard speaks french.  he doesn't have an accent cuz he was raised in ottawa.  it's just like being raised in moncton.  french people raised in moncton don't have an accent.  whenever you meet somebody with a french accent in moncton, they were probably raised in northern nb or quebec.
    Posted by goodnewsbears

If Savard speaks French,why would he not do it for the interview that's linked in the other thread?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In Response to Re: No other fans do this thing Montreal fans do... : If Savard speaks French,why would he not do it for the interview that's linked in the other thread?
    Posted by dezaruchi

i wrote that before i saw that interview.  i was sure i'd seen interviews with him in french before, but now i'm not so sure.  after i watched that interview, i went on youtube and googled like crazy trying to see him speak french.  i couldn't find anything on youtube.  my google search was inconclusive.  all i got there were people saying his french was very good and others saying he didn't speak french at all. 

i found one quebecer who interviewed him in english. after the interview, someone asked him if savard spoke french.  his answer was that savard understood it, but he didn't want to speak it.  that makes me think he never spoke it too much and kinda lost it.

i'm still pretty sure i've seen him speak it before.  probably not though.  it's getting late and i'm going to bed, but i'll continue my search tomorrow.  maybe stanley or kelvana or somebody else from quebec can help me on this.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from davesakiller. Show davesakiller's posts

They probably get a lot of practice from taking it "there"... 

Is it me, or is this break between games just rediculously long?  I don't ever remember a 3 day break in the playoffs, ever.  Even switching between cities used to only be a 2 day break.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapaBear72. Show BigPapaBear72's posts

I think there was a Rush concert in MTL Wednesday night and that's why the game was pushed back to Thursday

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Political debates get moved because of the Habs game. The Habs game gets moved because of a Rush concert. Using the transitive property, why don't the fair people of Montreal just elect Rush and be done with it?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greatseason. Show Greatseason's posts

Why don't you mind your own business?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Why don't you mind your own business?
    Posted by Greatseason

Dude. Joke. Relax.

Start insulting the level-headed folks from Maine and there will be nobody left interested in visiting your fair city. I mean, when you can tick off a Newfie and a Mainer, you know you're doing something wrong.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

My city ? you don't even know where i live LOL Assim começa a conhecer ou eu ainda tinha o lugar para dizer tanta besteira, meu amigo . É um prazer vê-lo responder a este tipo de absurdo em seu fórum não sou nem a favor nem Boston Montreal, eu estou apenas reagindo e C é tão divertido
    Posted by Greatseason

My apologies for not knowing where you are from. Clearly it's important information and your contributions to our discussion on hockey warrant more respect from people like me. People apparently know you. They know me. I'm sure they would all tell me to have a more reverence for your perspective and to tone down my rhetoric. I should learn more before I type, especially about the game and your personal history. For instance, you speak Portuguese. That's nice.

Hopefully I can study the game more so I know what I am talking about in the future.

Once again, sorry for using the transitive property to make an ill-humored remark about the band Rush. They have a good drummer. The lead singer, while not necessarily easy on the eyes, does have a high singing voice.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Huh. Where did your post go? Thankfully it was captured in my response above. Although someone must have thought you were being an inappropriate dirtbag, that is clearly not the case. Once again, please accept my apologies.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greatseason. Show Greatseason's posts

no problem it's ok....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greatseason. Show Greatseason's posts

Huh. Where did your post go? Thankfully it was captured in my response above. Although someone must have thought you were being an inappropriate dirtbag, that is clearly not the case. Once again, please accept my apologies.
    Posted by asmaha
    Sua desculpa é aceita com prazer ... obrigado

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Well it was worse in the 1970's.
    if you ask Don Cheery ir was almost like the crowd refed the game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: No other fans do this thing Montreal fans do... : Dude. Joke. Relax. Start insulting the level-headed folks from Maine and there will be nobody left interested in visiting your fair city. I mean, when you can tick off a Newfie and a Mainer, you know you're doing something wrong.
    Posted by asmaha

I'm a Mainer and I will never visit that damned city. That guy is a blowhard.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I guess sarcasm doesn't translate. Wink. Nod.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from knewjax hockey. Show knewjax hockey's posts

haha i saw that hidious looking scary old guy with the long hair and that younger looking chick with the canadians cowboy hat.  she was cute and he was scary.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MRyderfan. Show MRyderfan's posts

Home ice advantage people.

They know they're the biggest crowd in the league.

They kow that in making noise they can and do influence the situation on the ice, home team, opposition and officials.

And it works.

In truth though, it's no different than the reactions of glee that come cheering mayhem or the borderline hits (meant to drive opponents through the boards as often as not) that give teams like the B's and Flyers the reputation of being hard nosed physical hockey teams.

Study enough clips of players like Scott Stevens, Cam, Dion Phaneuf, Milan, watch the hits and then ak yourself how many tramsgressions are overlooked because they are or were known as 'tough physical players'...reputation = influence.

Influence is a major part of the game, the crowd reactions play a role in benefitting the home team as often as mot, if they're vocal...if the officials allow themselves to be swayed by such things then who's to call it wrong?

Do Montreal fans over react? Of course they do, but it works, and, liking to admit it or not, the franchise, with it's french heritage has through NHL history had it's share of discrimination directed it's way, the fans, in particular the franco ones have seen player after player have to endure or put up with more abuse simply because of the jersey he is wearing, or his mother tongue.

Sections
Shortcuts