No Pride, No Heart, No Pulse, Lots of Questions?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

No Pride, No Heart, No Pulse, Lots of Questions?

Can they find any? And if they do, is it too little too late?

Thomas - not the goalie we saw during the season, horrible rebounds and not even an attempt to save them. This embarrasing play is negating a phenominal season, its a shame. He needs to ride the pine, its Tuukka's time.

Lucic - Where is the firey, angry punishing powerforward from previous playoffs?

Seids & Boychuck - at least we saw some effort and it was noticible they were trying to step up in Z's absence, but back choices are killing us.

Ryder, Kelly, Pialle, Kaberle - all useless, offer their services to the habs, we will be better off.

Marchand - the only possibility of a brightspot so far and you can still complain he has biffed some putaway chances, but overall, he gets it. Good job kid!

Everyone else - dissapointing

CHARA - IS OUR ONLY HOPE! HE IS THE CAPTAIN AND NEEDS TO LEAD BY EXAMPLE BY PLAYING SMART & VERY PHYSICAL. IF CHARA DOES NOT
    STEP UP AND PUT THIS TEAM ON HIS BACK, IT'S OVER.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: No Pride, No Heart, No Pulse, Lots of Questions?

I'd say one question;
    What the hell is going on out there?

Seriously. 

How is it possible that everyone is turning in their worst performances of the year in the playoffs?

How many games has Chara sat out because he wasn't physically fit?

How many games *IN A ROW* has TT looked like TT of '06-07?

How often has the defense looked this bad?

How often have the forwards all looked this bad?

Seriously.

What the hell is going on?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to No Pride, No Heart, No Pulse, Lots of Questions?:
    [QUOTE]Can they find any? And if they do, is it too little too late? Thomas - not the goalie we saw during the season, horrible rebounds and not even an attempt to save them. This embarrasing play is negating a phenominal season, its a shame. He needs to ride the pine, its Tuukka's time. Lucic - Where is the firey, angry punishing powerforward from previous playoffs? Seids & Boychuck - at least we saw some effort and it was noticible they were trying to step up in Z's absence, but back choices are killing us. Ryder, Kelly, Pialle, Kaberle - all useless, offer their services to the habs, we will be better off. Marchand - the only possibility of a brightspot so far and you can still complain he has biffed some putaway chances, but overall, he gets it. Good job kid! Everyone else - dissapointing CHARA - IS OUR ONLY HOPE! HE IS THE CAPTAIN AND NEEDS TO LEAD BY EXAMPLE BY PLAYING SMART & VERY PHYSICAL. IF CHARA DOES NOT STEP UP AND PUT THIS TEAM ON HIS BACK, IT'S OVER.
    Posted by MDsizzle[/QUOTE]
    I think some of the physical game has been snuffed out by some questionable calls.Horton gets a penalty that snuffs out a PP simply because he out muscled Gill for position.Seidenberg gets called for a big hit on Pouliot when the puck was passing through his feet.Even Kaberle in game 1 got a hooking call for having perfect stick position.It's becoming real hard to figure out what's a penalty and what isn't.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

The coach is not cappable of motivating and giving confidence to his players.  He should have said something to the pressure off the players shoulders!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

Excuses every year are sickening: Recchi has stones, Krejci hurts a paw, now Chara with a perfectly timed 'virus'. Real teams overcome injuries. This team is 'mentally weak' as this board has mentioned many times.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

In Response to Re: No Pride, No Heart, No Pulse, Lots of Questions?:
    [QUOTE]The coach is not cappable of motivating and giving confidence to his players.  He should have said something to the pressure off the players shoulders!!
    Posted by lucaooo[/QUOTE]

I'm quite sure that Clode is positioning himself for his next coaching gig: 'up to the players to perform' bulls**t.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

I think they are playing with heart but like chickens with their heads cut off.  Time to play the game their best at, tight defense, draw the other team to make mistakes and counter attack.

Lucic?  All of a sudden he wants to carry the puck from end to end, be a play maker and play on the perimeter?  Don't think so lucic, get your butt in front of the net, screen the goalie and bang in the rebounds.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Settling down a little - for the first time in day - it occurs to me that this epic meltdown is really amazing.

Other than a Habs fan, or if you are entirely 100% negative on this team, could you seriously have predicted 2 zip Habs??

I predicted a 7 game LOSS to the Habs, even 6 games - but to be down 2 zip???

To have EVERYONE down to the last man playing the worst they've played all year in a playoff series - ANY playoff series - never mind the Habs - is just mind boggling.

Even if you are a die hard Habs fan or 100% negative on this team - 1 GOAL in the first 2 games???

ONE GOAL????  that has to be beyond every Hab fan's wildest wet dream.

TT playing with .891 save % ???  Seriously?

He's 15 (FIFTEENTH) in save % by goalies in the playoffs.

This is just unreal.  Vezina trophy candidate playing THIS bad??  BAD? Honestly, it would be undestandable if it were BAD - BUT THIS BAD??

2 Bruins tied for 51st in playoff scoring.

Seidenberg with the WORST Plus minus in the league at -4????

This is just unreal.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

I am having a really problem trying not to get to upset with the players when I know the issue is coaching. They are playing exactly like you expect a team who has been coached by Julien for a couple of years, to play. I have thought we were going to lose in the first round since the new year but I also thought the same thing about the scabs so when we matched up against them I thought we had a chance. I severely under-rated Jacques Martin as a coach he new our system and has put a great game plan in place to defeat it. They are taking away the short passes to the winger or center in our zone forcing our D to make longer passes which they are not good at. Then they pick of these passes come down the right side throw the puck to floppy blocker side and then have a player driving to the far post to cash the rebound that floppy always gives.

If we had a coach who would made adjustments this series might not be over but realistically it is.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number4forever. Show Number4forever's posts

Agree....We are totally being outcoached...and it doesn't help when Julien keep whinning and shaking his head in frustration on the bench.  This visible frustration sends a message of panic to the players.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yah It's Thomas's fault hang him out to dry unfreakin believable. I just watched the two Boychuk backcheck goals again on ESPN from last night and that's TTs fault ? Give me a break I wonder what some people are watching.

Julien is being outcoached!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]Yah It's Thomas's fault hang him out to dry unfreakin believable. I just watched the two Boychuk backcheck goals again on ESPN from last night and that's TTs fault ? Give me a break I wonder what some people are watching. Julien is being outcoached!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Yep, no question about it. B's have last change and yet Julien chooses to play into Martin's hands by allowing his 1st line play against the Habs chosen checking line almost every shift. No mixing of personnel in-game to try and shake things up and give a different look. All he can do is fold his arms, shake his head violently, and keep doing the same thing over and over. I wonder what crazy  scheme he has in store for Monday, more of the same likely....yeesh!!

Also, if the excuse for last nights pathetic perfomance was the loss of Chara then the team does not deserve a cup. Relying on one player tha much is the sign of a weak team....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to No Pride, No Heart, No Pulse, Lots of Questions? : I think some of the physical game has been snuffed out by some questionable calls.Horton gets a penalty that snuffs out a PP simply because he out muscled Gill for position.Seidenberg gets called for a big hit on Pouliot when the puck was passing through his feet.Even Kaberle in game 1 got a hooking call for having perfect stick position.It's becoming real hard to figure out what's a penalty and what isn't.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Dez...I normally respect your opinion. I mean that sincerely.

But when you start pulling out the "questionable calls" excuse you really have crossed the line into blinders-on, tunnel-vision denial.

There is no more pathetic excuse in sports than "the refs cost us the game."

Montreal is the better team. Accept it. Deal with it. And move on. Because this series is over in 4 or 5 games, and it's not the ref's fault.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I don't think their heart or level of intensity is the problem here. I think they've come out too revved up. They have strayed from their game plan. Going out on the road is a blessing for this team. They won't try and run them out of the building.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Pride, No Heart, No Pulse, Lots of Questions? : Dez...I normally respect your opinion. I mean that sincerely. But when you start pulling out the "questionable calls" excuse you really have crossed the line into blinders-on, tunnel-vision denial. There is no more pathetic excuse in sports than "the refs cost us the game." Montreal is the better team. Accept it. Deal with it. And move on. Because this series is over in 4 or 5 games, and it's not the ref's fault.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]
    Come on TTBI.Adequate goaltending is the only difference so far.Saying Montreal is the better team is ridiculous and you saying "period"after doesn't set it in stone.Did I say the "refs are costing us"?No,what I said is the players are having a hard time figuring out what's legal and what isn't.Did you feel Kaberle deserved a penalty?How about Seidenberg on Pouliot?How about Subban sliding through and taking Lucic's feet out from under him in game 1 without ever making contact with the puck?Simple enough questions aren't they.I anxiously await the answers from an objective poster(or from you-one or the other)......

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Pride, No Heart, No Pulse, Lots of Questions? : Dez...I normally respect your opinion. I mean that sincerely. But when you start pulling out the "questionable calls" excuse you really have crossed the line into blinders-on, tunnel-vision denial. There is no more pathetic excuse in sports than "the refs cost us the game." Montreal is the better team. Accept it. Deal with it. And move on. Because this series is over in 4 or 5 games, and it's not the ref's fault.

I would have no problem admitting that the Habs were better - if they were better.

The PROBLEM is that they aren't better.

Mark my words, watch what happens in the next series the Habs face, that will totally illustrate how 'good' there are.

This Bruins team has not shown up at all.

I wouldn't mind the losses, but these games weren't even close.  These games looked like #1 seed Habs v. #8 seed Bruins.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Pride, No Heart, No Pulse, Lots of Questions? : Come on TTBI.Adequate goaltending is the only difference so far.Saying Montreal is the better team is ridiculous and you saying "period"after doesn't set it in stone.Did I say the "refs are costing us"?No,what I said is the players are having a hard time figuring out what's legal and what isn't.Did you feel Kaberle deserved a penalty?How about Seidenberg on Pouliot?How about Subban sliding through and taking Lucic's feet out from under him in game 1 without ever making contact with the puck?Simple enough questions aren't they.I anxiously await the answers from an objective poster(or from you-one or the other)......

.....and the Hal Gill X-check wasn;'t a questionable call? Brick--who will never be accused of being anti-Bruin--even admitted it was "sold." These things even out over the course of a series. The Bruins lost b/c they made lousy plays and are a terrible team at playing from behind and their coach is a moron. There are other reasons. But what do you care? You've already written me off as "not objective" when you've never said a bad word about the Bruins in your life.

I've praised them up and down this year for the moves they made at the deadline, good games they've played, Thomas, etc. But I also knew Mtl. was going to beat them--I just thought it would be a closer series. Shame on me.

But now you;re using the refs AND Thomas' play as an excuse. (Last time I checked a goalie was part of the team--not a separate entity--and all the fault can't be oinned on him...I'm also pretty sure he wasn't the one who sent that X-ice pick-off pass to get the fun started.)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Pride, No Heart, No Pulse, Lots of Questions? : I would have no problem admitting that the Habs were better - if they were better. The PROBLEM is that they aren't better. Mark my words, watch what happens in the next series the Habs face, that will totally illustrate how 'good' there are. This Bruins team has not shown up at all. I wouldn't mind the losses, but these games weren't even close.  These games looked like #1 seed Habs v. #8 seed Bruins.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Which team won the season series, BadHab? I agree the Bruins are playing terrible hockey right now but maybe it's time for us to admit that Montreal is in fact the better team.

All year long I've taken grief from the pom-pom crowd that I shouldn't criticize the bruins b/c of what they did in the reg. season (first in northeast; 3rd seed in conference.) Well, if the reg. season is such a good indicator of how good a team is then one has to admit that the Canadiens were the better head to head team. The Bruins only beat them twice, and a 7-0 win unfortunately still only accounts for one win.

Clearly the Habs have a better coach--I think that much is beyond debate. And what we're seeing play out now is really not so confounding. Not if you think about it. Frustrating? Upsetting? Absolutely. But not all that surprising.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Clearly the Habs have a better coach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Pride, No Heart, No Pulse, Lots of Questions? : .....and the Hal Gill X-check wasn;'t a questionable call? Brick--who will never be accused of being anti-Bruin--even admitted it was "sold." These things even out over the course of a series. The Bruins lost b/c they made lousy plays and are a terrible team at playing from behind and their coach is a moron. There are other reasons. But what do you care? You've already written me off as "not objective" when you've never said a bad word about the Bruins in your life. I've praised them up and down this year for the moves they made at the deadline, good games they've played, Thomas, etc. But I also knew Mtl. was going to beat them--I just thought it would be a closer series. Shame on me. But now you;re using the refs AND Thomas' play as an excuse. (Last time I checked a goalie was part of the team--not a separate entity--and all the fault can't be oinned on him...I'm also pretty sure he wasn't the one who sent that X-ice pick-off pass to get the fun started.)
    I didn't watch the NESN feed but the play you've mentioned perfectly illustrates the point I was making.I said the players have no idea what will be called and what won't.Obviously the physical aspect of the game is more crucial to Boston than Montreal.Just because I don't buy into your tired act doesn't mean I never say anything bad about the team.It's pretty sad that you're trying to call me out because I don't bash the team enough is laughable.Most of your posts are basically you saying"I'm a huge fan but I just realize they're awful".OK,we get it.You've said they stink all along so now your winning a game no one else is playing.Please supply a quote as to where I blamed the refs because I went back and couldn't find where I said that.If you insist upon putting words in my mouth,I might be forced to hire NAS to represent me.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Pride, No Heart, No Pulse, Lots of Questions? : I didn't watch the NESN feed but the play you've mentioned perfectly illustrates the point I was making.I said the players have no idea what will be called and what won't.Obviously the physical aspect of the game is more crucial to Boston than Montreal.Just because I don't buy into your tired act doesn't mean I never say anything bad about the team.It's pretty sad that you're trying to call me out because I don't bash the team enough is laughable.Most of your posts are basically you saying"I'm a huge fan but I just realize they're awful".OK,we get it.You've said they stink all along so now your winning a game no one else is playing.Please supply a quote as to where I blamed the refs because I went back and couldn't find where I said that.If you insist upon putting words in my mouth,I might be forced to hire NAS to represent me.

MY tired act? Seriously??? Dude, what do you EVER post except glowing reports about how the Bruins are just fine and the rest of us who complain are negative nabobs? It's all the same with all of us here.

Your post about "the players don't know what to expect" or the "physical play is to the bruins advantage" and since--your implication--that the refs are slapping down physical play, puts Boston at a disadvantage IS AN EXCUSE.

When the simple fact is: they are being outplayed, out-coached, out-hustled, out-everythinged......and you just can't admit it.

You're sick of MY routine??? Hey man, for ONCE I'd like to see you break out of yours and call it like it is--not how you'd like it to be.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Pride, No Heart, No Pulse, Lots of Questions? : MY tired act? Seriously??? Dude, what do you EVER post except glowing reports about how the Bruins are just fine and the rest of us who complain are negative nabobs? It's all the same with all of us here. Your post about "the players don't know what to expect" or the "physical play is to the bruins advantage" and since--your implication--that the refs are slapping down physical play, puts Boston at a disadvantage IS AN EXCUSE. When the simple fact is: they are being outplayed, out-coached, out-hustled, out-everythinged......and you just can't admit it.   You're sick of MY routine??? Hey man, for ONCE I'd like to see you break out of yours and call it like it is--not how you'd like it to be.
    Like I said,try reading posts other than your own if you want to preach objectivity.I'm waiting for you to find one of my posts here today in which I've praised Boston's play in any way,shape or form.Thanks,I'll now move on because you can't.I never said the refs were clamping down on physical play,I said their inconsistency was making it hard for players to know what's legal.I'll tell you one more time,negativity makes you no more a fan than anyone here.It makes your opinion no more valuable than anyone elses so calling someone who doesn't agree with you an "idiot"shows your true colours.I guess it hurts if it's someone else calling it as they see it.Anyway,you just carry on with complaining about the overall theme of my posts with no proof(other than hurt feelings)to back it up.I'll simply continue cheering for my team until the final buzzer because,unlike you,I guess I just don't understand hockey.If I did I'd be able to figure out how a team with 9 third period shots in 2 games is"outplaying/outhustling" Boston so badly.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

[QUOTE]Agree....We are totally being outcoached...and it doesn't help when Julien keep whinning and shaking his head in frustration on the bench.  This visible frustration sends a message of panic to the players.
    Posted by Number4forever[/QUOTE]

former b's player turned analyst Aaron Ward said the same thing about Homer last nite during a tsn telecast, stating that Julien doesn't exude good vibes from behind the bench during games....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Pride, No Heart, No Pulse, Lots of Questions? : Like I said,try reading posts other than your own if you want to preach objectivity.I'm waiting for you to find one of my posts here today in which I've praised Boston's play in any way,shape or form.Thanks,I'll now move on because you can't.I never said the refs were clamping down on physical play,I said their inconsistency was making it hard for players to know what's legal.I'll tell you one more time,negativity makes you no more a fan than anyone here.It makes your opinion no more valuable than anyone elses so calling someone who doesn't agree with you an "idiot"shows your true colours.I guess it hurts if it's someone else calling it as they see it.Anyway,you just carry on with complaining about the overall theme of my posts with no proof(other than hurt feelings)to back it up.I'll simply continue cheering for my team until the final buzzer because,unlike you,I guess I just don't understand hockey.If I did I'd be able to figure out how a team with 9 third period shots in 2 games is"outplaying/outhustling" Boston so badly.

And I said that sounds an awful lot like an excuse. If not--why even bring it up? What would be the point if you weren't trying to make an excuse for why Boston couldn't get it going??? I think you know the answer to that.

Yeah, I'll keep cheering for them to the final buzzer, too....and when that final buzzer goes, if the Bruins are the team moving on--I'll come back here and--unlike you--admit I was wrong, and wave goodbye, call myself a moron, and never post again.

Whereas if this series ends w/the Habs marching past Boston, you'll come up w/some convoluted and ultimately lame theory about why they lost and still not admit that 20 years of DNQ's, 1 and dones, and 2nd round KO's is a pretty good indicator that the franchise is a monumental failure.

I can't help rooting for that franchise...bummer for me. But at least I can admit that they stink...while you make up reasons for why they're good when they're not.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Pride, No Heart, No Pulse, Lots of Questions? : And I said that sounds an awful lot like an excuse. If not--why even bring it up? What would be the point if you weren't trying to make an excuse for why Boston couldn't get it going??? I think you know the answer to that. Yeah, I'll keep cheering for them to the final buzzer, too....and when that final buzzer goes, if the Bruins are the team moving on--I'll come back here and--unlike you--admit I was wrong, and wave goodbye, call myself a moron, and never post again. Whereas if this series ends w/the Habs marching past Boston, you'll come up w/some convoluted and ultimately lame theory about why they lost and still not admit that 20 years of DNQ's, 1 and dones, and 2nd round KO's is a pretty good indicator that the franchise is a monumental failure. I can't help rooting for that franchise...bummer for me. But at least I can admit that they stink...while you make up reasons for why they're good when they're not.
    Once again,you're skirting a direct question while claiming to know what I'll do in the future.please supply links to where I claim Boston has been good in the series so far.Oh wait,don't bother since there are none and I might make a counter point to your statements.And I don't know why you'd feel the need to go away if Boston wins the series although you should be embarrassed if they do.