NO REST = NO CUP

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

NO REST = NO CUP

I talked about this weeks ago that the Bruins need to rest the regulars.  They haven't.  It is obvious from their play and their comments that Marchand, Kelly and Bergeron benefitted greatly from having the time off that they did to rest their weary legs.  I do not care one little bit about the #2 spot, it doesn't matter.  In fact, I'd rather have the 4th spot and match up with the leafs and not the Rangers (based on current standings).  In order of importance for rest.

1. Chara

2. Seidenberg

3. Ference

4. Boychuk

Doesn't need rest: Thornton, Jagr (Freak), Soderberg, Khudobin

That leaves 9 forwards, 4 games.  Have the Daug and Pandolfo play all 4, that's 8 guys that can rest at least 1 game.  Figure out who needs it least, maybe Kellysince he missed time with injury.  The B's have enough bodies to rotate guys in & out of the line-up.  Some may argue that they need home ice, I say LA Kings.  Some may argue they need to gel, I say rest will overcome that.  When the Bruins have their skating legs they are tough to beat.  When they don't, you get what we have seen lately.  When they were eleiminated from last years postseason, they used the TIRED excuse of the Stanley Cup Run taking a lot out of them.  Management needs to realize that they need to eliminate this excuse and give this team the best chance to win the CUP! NO REST = NO CUP!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: NO REST = NO CUP

Tough one. If it's just rest, I'd give them a day off from practice, if they have a nagging injury/soreness then I'd make sure the player lets the trainer know about it. Other then that, theyre proffesional athletes, they have a job. Play to win every game, think about your playoff opponent whn you know who they are. No easy road to the Cup.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

It's a valid point, only in that they have to play 4 games in 6 nights. If it was just a regular schedule, I'd say play them with reduced minutes. Keep the engine running, just at 3/4 speed, not idle.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Tough one. If it's just rest, I'd give them a day off from practice, if they have a nagging injury/soreness then I'd make sure the player lets the trainer know about it. Other then that, theyre proffesional athletes, they have a job. Play to win every game, think about your playoff opponent whn you know who they are. No easy road to the Cup.

They have been getting a day off from practice.  It doesn't seem to be enough.  Just because they are professional athletes doesn't mean they are not human and don't need apprpriate rest to be at their best.  No easy road to the cup is exactly right, need to be as fresh as possible going into the playoffs, because we all know what kind of toll it takes to make a long run!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

It isn't going to matter how tired or how much rest they do, did or didn't get. Every team went through this brutal schedule as did the 95' Devils. If the Bruins don't bury their chances and don't get secondary scoring from Peverley, Kelly and Soderberg it will be another early exit.

Either Krejci, Horton and Lucic will wake up or it's gonna be over quickly, fatigue will have nothing to do with it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

It isn't going to matter how tired or how much rest they do, did or didn't get. Every team went through this brutal schedule as did the 95' Devils. If the Bruins don't bury their chances and don't get secondary scoring from Peverley, Kelly and Soderberg it will be another early exit.

Either Krejci, Horton and Lucic will wake up or it's gonna be over quickly, fatigue will have nothing to do with it.

Bingo. I hope the three of them see the playoffs as a clean slate and pick it up a notch.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

That's a tough argument to support. That means if team A is playing their 3rd game in 3 nights for example, and team B hasn't played on those days you are saying each has an equal chance of winning (All other factors being equal).
    I believe rest is essential to be at your best. I believe it also helps avoid injury.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Can you agree that Kelly, Bergeron, and Marchand look refreshed after being out with an injury?  Every team did go through the brutal schedule, but not every team has to end the season like the Bruins do. In addition, if the Bruins rest and the others don't, shouldn't the Bruins have an advantage?  Or better yet, would the Bruins be at a disadvantage for having to play 4 games in 6 days to end the season? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

According Fluto....

Storylines: This could be the final road game for some of the veterans. Zdeno Chara and Patrice Bergeron will most likely stay home instead of traveling to Washington on Saturday. The Bruins have enough depth to rest their key players before the playoffs begin

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Chara is a bigger conditioning freak than anyone! But I agree the D could use some rest starting with Seides and Ference.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:

Can you agree that Kelly, Bergeron, and Marchand look refreshed after being out with an injury?  Every team did go through the brutal schedule, but not every team has to end the season like the Bruins do. In addition, if the Bruins rest and the others don't, shouldn't the Bruins have an advantage?  Or better yet, would the Bruins be at a disadvantage for having to play 4 games in 6 days to end the season? 

It's either

a. a disadvantage

b. an advantage

c. not a factor

Should be fairly easy to narrow it down to the answer with the highest probability.  Contrary to popular opinion, "everyone else" hasn't had the same schedule.  The b's will have played a disproportionate number of games in March and April, including 6 in 9 because of all the cancellations.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Not for anything  but when their game against Ottawa was canceled they didn't win against the Sabres.  Not buying this whole rest thing, as Sandog mentions, other teams also played a rough schedule.

What I do agree though is giving some guys a night off.  Even if this were a 80 game schedule it always benefits the vets.  Just not against Washington, I would start against Tampa.  Saturdays game might be important for the 2nd seed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I'd call the P-Bruins if they are not playing that night and have them play the next game ..we would have more chances to win

Sections
Shortcuts