No Seguin on the PP......but Kampfer is????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swearengen. Show Swearengen's posts

Re: No Seguin on the PP......but Kampfer is????

You know, I agree with dezaruchi.  Chara doesn't exactly help much on the PP.  He's not BAD or anything, but nothing ever comes of his slapshots from the line other then a subsequent clearing of the puck by the defense.  ]

I see no need to play 4 defenseman over the course of the power play.  Put one out there at a time.  Boychuck and Sidenberg.  And use the other spot for an extra forward, Bergeron, Wheeler, Marchand, Seguin etc.

In the meantime, Chara who plays more minutes than anyone, can play those minutes in defensive situations.  A few less minutes of PP time a game, means a few more minutes matched up against the opposing teams top 2 lines

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from airbus01. Show airbus01's posts

i agree with you perrysound

Seguin is only 18, he will get better

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

"The Good Dennis" is a pretty good passer, but not really a great scorer. In 407 NHL games, Siedenberg has 19 goals, by comparison Mark Stuart has 12 in 278 which gives them almost identical goal scoring abilities, and no one's suggesting the caveman be on the PP.

In Response to Re: No Seguin on the PP......but Kampfer is????:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Seguin on the PP......but Kampfer is???? : Kampfer is a D-man, I get it.  But he's out there with Chara for the first minute plus of every power play.  While I won't try to make the case for McQuaid or Ferrence getting PP time over him, I would certainly like to think the lions share of the PP minutes should go to Boychuck and/or Sidenberg ahead of Kampfer right now Kampfer keeps making mistakes on the PP.  Bad passes, getting either picked off or just passed his team mates and sliding into the neutral zone.  It keeps happening and he hasn't done anything good on the PP to offset those errors either.  So why, with that being the case, is he not only still out there on the PP, but out there the majority of the time over Boychuck and Sidenberg? It makes no sense to me.   What ever perceived defincies people ASSUME we would have with Seguin playing the half wall are a blatant reality with Kampfer on the blue line.  Yet the former never gets a chance, while the latter has got nothing but, since the jump
    Posted by Swearengen[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Stop drinking the Jeremy Jacobs Kool Aid and watch the game. Give Sequin a few years, maybe he will turn out to be a top 6 forward for years to come.

But, right now... What has he done? Waste of Space, unless you are trying to give him practice for the show.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swearengen. Show Swearengen's posts

ummmm...........oops

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I still don't like Ryder on the PP - tonight was a perfect example of his typical scoring on the PP, off a scramble and virtually any capable forward can score those.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Badhab,
    Again.. just hating ryder?  Any forward can score those? then why arent they?
    How many times have forwards missed an open net, an open goal.

Oh and whoever said the numbers dont paint the picture ryder is scoring on soft teams?

Buffalo- anytime you beat miller its a good goal, they dont score, but he keeps them in games..

And Atl.. again, seated higher then us in the standing at the time, and has the number 2 goalie in the league at this point, and it was a good goal..

Some fans will always hate ryder, some fans are holding last season against him.. but if you look at him fairly, he is going to be in the top 3 on goals on the team again this year, same as last year, same as the year before..he cant be all that bad.. will he get another $4m, no, but he wont be taking a huge pay cut

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from captainbergeron. Show captainbergeron's posts

"The Good Dennis" is a pretty good passer, but not really a great scorer. In 407 NHL games, Siedenberg has 19 goals, by comparison Mark Stuart has 12 in 278 which gives them almost identical goal scoring abilities, and no one's suggesting the caveman be on the PP. 

bandgbleeder I don't expect Siedenberg to score goals on the PP, but like you said pass the puck efficiently and to keep the puck in the offensive zone. He is fully qualified to do that were as Stuart doesn't have the vision for point work on the PP. Stuart is you're typical dependable bang-em up shut down defensemen that every team needs at least one of.

I think the Bruins PP needs to get away from repetitive point shots and work more shots from the half-boards or down low. Every team expects them to pass it to the point for a Chara slap shot, it's just not working anymore. They need to change it it up and throw the Big Z in front of the net or sneak him down the half-boards every once in awhile for a one-timer pass.