no seguin tonight?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Re: no seguin tonight?

Considering it was a back to back game playing against a fast, hungry Jets team and playing for first place in the conference I would have played him and find other ways to punish him.  Really... they got into Winnipeg late last night it's not like he was drinking all night... 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

...and thus there will be no rumours starting about Seguin drinking or being a bad apple. Just a teenager who ignores his alarm and needs to grow up. I think they knew what they were doing here. But it was lousy as a fan to watch the streak go down and no TS in the lineup.

In Response to Re: no seguin tonight?:
    [QUOTE]Considering it was a back to back game playing against a fast, hungry Jets team and playing for first place in the conference I would have played him and find other ways to punish him.  Really... they got into Winnipeg late last night it's not like he was drinking all night... 
    Posted by mattbs[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]...and thus there will be no rumours starting about Seguin drinking or being a bad apple. Just a teenager who ignores his alarm and needs to grow up. I think they knew what they were doing here. But it was lousy as a fan to watch the streak go down and no TS in the lineup. In Response to Re: no seguin tonight? :
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

No rumors because it's pretty obvious he's a good kid with a good work ethic.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Lots of talk about the streak.

I doubt any of them care.  It's just added pressure. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Don't care about winning? I think they do.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from s2e42o. Show s2e42o's posts

I gotta say, I agree with the whole team first mentality and the message that was being sent but, ya it sucks to lose that streak and a shot at 1st place without the top scorer in the lineup.  Like someone said earlier, I think they should have found another way to punish him.  If CJ and PC were really thinking "team first" they would have given this team what they needed to have the best shot at winning this game and continuing their streak.  Had they won the game this is a genius move, but now that they lost, I can't see how this could really have had a positive effect on the team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigD7. Show BigD7's posts

First place is meanless, unless you're the last team at the end of the cup run.

What was lost by this move?... end of a streak, was going to end eventually anyway. Missed an opportunity at first, there will be plenty more and 1st is over rated, just ask Vancouver.

Good message sent to the team... may lead to another cup. I'll take it.

Just a kid making a mistake... okay, so he sat out a game... not a really harsh punishment.

Bend the rules now, and you open the door. Send a minor message now, no one is bigger than the team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

I was very impressed to see the young man have a chew as I was at the same time they showed it. He is more valuable if hes on the ice playing. My only question is would cj have done the same thing had chara missed breakfest or the team meeting? Also a note on the dip anyone notice how much PC chews?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]No way any players went out after the late arrival from Pittsburgh. Seems like a simple oversleeping, but what gives with his roomie not waking him up? Glad he's sitting, but stinks for the Bruins fans in the Peg excited to see him play live.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

This is a good point -- usually teams pair up young guys with veterans just to prevent this sort of thing. Anyone know who TS rooms with on the road?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: no seguin tonight? : This is a good point -- usually teams pair up young guys with veterans just to prevent this sort of thing. Anyone know who TS rooms with on the road?
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

If only luongo would have over slept in games 3, 4, 6, and game 7 and if the nucks coach would have benched him maybe the nucks players would have their names on the cup?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Unfortunate that there's 2 people saying "they should have found another way to punish him."

There's always some parent, some coach, some boss always willing to break the rules for one person because they are special in some way, totally undermining all rules and credibility while doing it.

Very clear team rule- miss the meeting/breakfast, you dont play. Oh, but lets not have Tyler follow the rules the rest of the team has.  Team rules are for the 4th line, ya know.

Simply an excellent example of whats wrong with the world.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFW826. Show DFW826's posts

I'd bet my life some girl was there to meet him off the plane that he knew from Toronto. Can't be that he just overslept - they know it's the meeting in the morning and then back to bed. Not hard to wake up for.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]Was there a curling tourney?
    Posted by TomOBrien[/QUOTE]

You mean a bonspiel?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

As for the streak, it ended on November 25th.  They lost to Detroit.  Didn't lose in regulation is like having a lead going into the third.  Who really cares?  I guess there's a moral victory component to it, given the shootout is a crock, but just because the league puts in a stupid, make the pink hats happy way of deciding games doesn't mean I have to engage with it.  Win or Lose, there is no tie.

Here's where they shouldn't give a flying fk.  They weren't good against Columbus or the Peg during the streak.  The top two lines have been madly outscored by the bottom two lines for about two weeks.  They should be working just as hard or harder to get those players moving game in and game out regardless of the results of the most recent game.  That would say more about their commitment to winning that keeping the streak alive in another game where the only guy who could score for them was wearing Everlast gloves.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

His roommate is Jordan Caron. Seems to me all Jordan has to do is hit Tylers snooze butoon and he;s in the line up.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]His roommate is Jordan Caron. Seems to me all Jordan has to do is hit Tylers snooze butoon and he;s in the line up.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

I always wondered about room mates on the road, even back in the day of low salaries they could afford to have their own room.

Then I saw that Caps Pens 24x7 and I saw that "room mate" means you have ajoining rooms connected with that door that's always locked in your hotel room.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Chara is the most dedicated player on the team, he wouldn't miss multiple team meetings, that's the fundamental point that Seguin has to learn. And yes, I think CJ and PC would treat anyone the same.

[QUOTE]I was very impressed to see the young man have a chew as I was at the same time they showed it. He is more valuable if hes on the ice playing. My only question is would cj have done the same thing had chara missed breakfest or the team meeting? Also a note on the dip anyone notice how much PC chews?
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Glad to see they're still not taking the leashes off on him.

Something tells me that this will actually help this team moving forward. Seems like it's one of those things where the players don't feel invisible for the first time in a while. He seems like the type to come back strong as opposed to a Randy Moss, oversensitive type who will shut down.

My money is on him coming back in this next game and putting up 2 or 3 points.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Um, are you serious? The Caps sat Ward and Semin in the last month for similar stuff.

[QUOTE]The Bruins are special among NHL teams because of things just like this. With CJ and PC, everyone is equal, the team comes first. It takes gonads to do this with a big win streak on the line.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

[QUOTE]Lots of talk about the streak. I doubt any of them care.  It's just added pressure. 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I agree. Many posters have said he should have been punished in other ways, and allowed to play.  It is this type of accountability that sets this team apart from others. The Cup is the ultimate measure of competitive success in wins and losses, but it is not the ultimate measure of championship grade integrity. The BRUINS  played very hard despite the big pitts win and the subsequent travel to Winnipeg. I applaud the management is continually teaching and refining the "team" philosophy. We as fans will know some of the facts, but never all of them. There's no doubt in my mind they did what they believed to be correct in regards to Tyler and the Team. Sit back, watch Tyler grow, and enjoy the ride. Onward to another streak!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

sure... no seguin vs jets, i totally agree with the move. my guess is he he nets a couple vs fla, he'll be playing like a (young) man possessed. he'll take over the game. can't wait to watch him play thurs...should be fun starting another streak!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Ugh, yes I am serious. I'm bored so I will take the time to explain to you why the situations are nothing alike:

Semin:  5G, 5A, 10Pts, -4 (with a cap hit of $6.7million)
    Ward:   4G, 6A, 10Pts, +5
    Washington Capitals: 11th in the Eastern Conference, 3W-7L in the last 10 games.

In case you missed it:
    Seguin:  13G, 12A, 25Pts, +19 (Leads team)
    Boston Bruins: 15 game streak without a regulation loss.

The players you mentioned on the Captials are playing bad on the ice. The Captials are playing bad and Bruce Boudreau was desperate and was eventually fired. The Bruins, on the other hand, had a 15-game points streak on the line. They benched a young star, not because he was playing bad, but because he had missed a team meeting. There are going to be people who will say the Bruins' winning ways ended because they didn't play their leading scorer. No one was going to say that the Capitals lost because they benched two under-achievers, because they were already losing. If anything, if Washington turned their fortunes around, Boudreau would be praised- but there was nothing to lose. Now, if the Capitals get on a 10game win streak and then bench Alex Ovechkin because he misses team meetings, you can say that Washington runs their team with the same level of integrity and accountability as the Boston Bruins. But we both know that isn't going to happen. So yes, I am serious.

[QUOTE]Um, are you serious? The Caps sat Ward and Semin in the last month for similar stuff. In Response to Re: no seguin tonight? :
    Posted by bandgbleeder[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

On a side note, this whole benching of Seguin goes right along with Julien's understanding that you are hard on players when things are going well and easy on them when things are bad. Bench your leading scorer during a win streak, play a player more and call on him in a shootout after he takes stupid penalties and has his worst game in a Bruins uniform. CJ just gets it when it comes to running a team.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Dont know if anyone saw this in the other thread:

"Yeah, I set an alarm and I woke up, but it was in Boston time, not Winnipeg time".
    The casual person probably thought he was right.
    I thought about it.....dude was awake an hour early (or two...not sure of what time zone they're in).

Sections
Shortcuts