no seguin tonight?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: no seguin tonight?

[Someone had to do this....]

But its...its easy ... to, to talk about... It's easy to sum it up when you're just talking about breakfast. We're sitting in here, and Tyler’s supposed to be the franchise player, and we in here talking about breakfast. I mean, listen, we're talking about breakfast, not a game, not a game, not a game, we talking about breakfast. Not a game. Not, not ... Not the game that he goes out there and dies for and plays every game like it’s his last. Not the game, but we're talking about breakfast, man. I mean, how silly is that? ...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In Response to Re: no seguin tonight?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: no seguin tonight? : I always wondered about room mates on the road, even back in the day of low salaries they could afford to have their own room. Then I saw that Caps Pens 24x7 and I saw that "room mate" means you have ajoining rooms connected with that door that's always locked in your hotel room.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

I was curious about this as well, and it centered around something I read about Lucic allowed to have a room to himself due to his snoring.  This article said having a room to yourself was reserved for long term veterans.  I thought that was pretty strange due to the amount of money involved and the obvious need to get good sleep.  I wonder if it is just rookies that have to have a roommate.  Also, I thought I read that Greg Campbell was Tyler's roommate last year and a mentor to him.  Maybe that was a living arrangement in Boston. 
    Anybody out there have at least second hand knowledge about this?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Semin has topped 40 goals in his career, Ward led a team in scoring in the playoffs, Seguin has topped 40oz in the off season. Sorry making that comparison is silly.
    [QUOTE]Ugh, yes I am serious. I'm bored so I will take the time to explain to you why the situations are nothing alike: Semin:  5G, 5A, 10Pts, -4 (with a cap hit of $6.7million) Ward:   4G, 6A, 10Pts, +5 Washington Capitals: 11th in the Eastern Conference, 3W-7L in the last 10 games. In case you missed it: Seguin:  13G, 12A, 25Pts, +19 (Leads team) Boston Bruins: 15 game streak without a regulation loss. The players you mentioned on the Captials are playing bad on the ice . The Captials are playing bad and Bruce Boudreau was desperate and was eventually fired. The Bruins, on the other hand, had a 15-game points streak on the line. They benched a young star, not because he was playing bad, but because he had missed a team meeting. There are going to be people who will say the Bruins' winning ways ended because they didn't play their leading scorer. No one was going to say that the Capitals lost because they benched two under-achievers, because they were already losing. If anything, if Washington turned their fortunes around, Boudreau would be praised- but there was nothing to lose. Now, if the Capitals get on a 10game win streak and then bench Alex Ovechkin because he misses team meetings, you can say that Washington runs their team with the same level of integrity and accountability as the Boston Bruins. But we both know that isn't going to happen. So yes, I am serious. In Response to Re: no seguin tonight? :
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

Tyler Tyler Tyler...we love you, man, but you gotta get up in the morning.

I think Tyler plays with a chip on Thursday. Watch out Florida. I could see him scoring a pair and having 3 or 4 points.

I think he's a good kid, understands why this had to be done, and comes out better off in the long run.

And Tyler, if you were getting some tail, I hope she was good, buddy. Just next time tell the ho you have to go to work in the morning.

GO BRUINS!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]Semin has topped 40 goals in his career, Ward led a team in scoring in the playoffs, Seguin has topped 40oz in the off season. Sorry making that comparison is silly. In Response to Re: no seguin tonight? :
    Posted by bandgbleeder[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but this year they completely suck. They'ree tied for 233rd in league scoring. They're just behind Brandon Dubinsky, Steve Ott and Cal Clutterbuck in the race for the scoring title. I like those three guys, but they're not exactly snipers and Art Ross contenders.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KennyBizz. Show KennyBizz's posts

[QUOTE]I'd bet my life some girl was there to meet him off the plane that he knew from Toronto. Can't be that he just overslept - they know it's the meeting in the morning and then back to bed. Not hard to wake up for.
    Posted by DFW826[/QUOTE]

Absolutely, he had a little something-something lined up a the hotel upon arrival.  CJ did the right thing tho.  Pressbox kid, them the rules.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

...sigh... again you are missing the point.  The Washington players are playing badly.  Tyler is playing great.  The Caps benched players because of their play.  The Bruins benched a player in spite of his play. A coach benching players when they play bad is expected. A coach benching his top scorer because of off-ice discipline takes guts. So yes saying they are the same thing is silly.

[QUOTE]Semin has topped 40 goals in his career, Ward led a team in scoring in the playoffs, Seguin has topped 40oz in the off season. Sorry making that comparison is silly. In Response to Re: no seguin tonight? :
    Posted by bandgbleeder[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Actually, Ward was benched because he missed a team meeting.  
    No, it didn't take as much fortitude to bench him as it did Seguin, but that is at least a comparable.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: no seguin tonight? :Also, I thought I read that Greg Campbell was Tyler's roommate last year and a mentor to him.  Maybe that was a living arrangement in Boston.  Anybody out there have at least second hand knowledge about this?
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]

This morning I heard that Campbell IS Tyler's roommate.  However, apparently, there is a little bit of a flu bug going around.  So they kept all those who have the bug together.  And supposedly, Campbell has a little bit of the bug so Caron was Seguin's roomie last night.

There are rumours (Felger and Mazz were just talking about it on the Sports Hub) coming out now saying that Seguin WASN'T even in the hotel Monday night/Tuesday AM.  You'd like to think that Campbell/Caron would have woken him up if he were there.  And if he was and they didn't, it's likely that they were "sick" of him missing meetings.....because this apparently wasn't the first time that he's missed some of these.

Seguin came out today and said that he forgot to change his clock from Boston time.  That doesn't even make sense.  If he did that he would have been an hour EARLY not late.  There's more to this story to come out.  Stay tuned!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Team situation, team success, player profile, player success, significance of game, desperation of coach all different. But yes, Ward was also benched due to missing a meeting so that is at least a little bit comparable. Semin, not at all. But going back to my original point, few teams run their ship like the Bruins. The Capitals definitely do not.

[QUOTE]Actually, Ward was benched because he missed a team meeting.   http://washington.cbslocal.com/2011/11/23/joel-ward-benched-morning-skate-update/ No, it didn't take as much fortitude to bench him as it did Seguin, but that is at least a comparable.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

oh well, its in the past and I'm sure he learned from it and the team will be better for it.  Like CHARAWAINSTHENORRIS, I also think he plays with a chip on his sholder and we will need it.  Florida has been playing well this year and Columbus nearly ended the point streak on Nov. 17th.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

I hope he is not becoming a little premodonna. Win the cup at 19 and then be a super star the next year. It is a lot of maturing in a short period of time. The concern is this is not the first time. The hope is this is the last time. Good for CJ. I think he was missed. His jump helps all the other guys on the ice. The boys need not rely on that. They are just as good with him on the ice or with out him. That is not to say he adds value and is not a great player but they are all pretty much play great hockey right now except for the occassional lapse.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

http://www.nesn.com/2011/12/tyler-seguin-benching-couldnt-have-come-at-better-time-for-bruins-young-stars-development.html

Sections
Shortcuts