No Shame In Ending The Streak Like That

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ingrizzlebizzles. Show ingrizzlebizzles's posts

Re: No Shame In Ending The Streak Like That

In Response to Re: No Shame In Ending The Streak Like That:
    To seobrien: You said it all! Great game to see on national TV. Two good teams using all their skills and talents to try and win. The only flaw? The shabby solution of a shootout. Perhaps the competition committee could put some thought into a true method of deciding a winner in regular season games.
    Posted by BBBFAN55

KPD favors calling it a tie at the end of regulation (or regulation plus OT) but neither team gets a point, forcing the teams to put it all on the line to win. Even though I actually tend to enjoy shootouts, it's an interesting idea. I've just always hated ties of any kind.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

Pavel Datsyuk is an amazing hockey player. As someone stated Crosby is #1 but Datsyuk is not far behind. Just love watching the guy play hockey.

Great game today, good goaltending on both sides. Nic Lidstrom is also a joy to watch as is Patrice Bergeron. Bruins have nothing to be ashamed of after that loss or the entire month of November.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBBFAN55. Show BBBFAN55's posts

In Response to Re: No Shame In Ending The Streak Like That : KPD favors calling it a tie at the end of regulation (or regulation plus OT) but neither team gets a point, forcing the teams to put it all on the line to win. Even though I actually tend to enjoy shootouts, it's an interesting idea. I've just always hated ties of any kind.
    Posted by ingrizzlebizzles

At least that solution would put the emphasis on the team trying to win it all or get nothing. It certainly is an improvement over a line of players trying their tricks on the only player to have been on the ice the whole game. Maybe the shootout should be the goalies each getting three tries on a forward. That would be at least as entertaining as what we see now.Tongue out

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to No Shame In Ending The Streak Like That :   Life is good.  On a side note.  My man crush for Datsyuk is big. Posted by shuperman

That's gross leave your pup tents at home, jeesh your a constable you know LoL...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

In Response to Re: No Shame In Ending The Streak Like That : Personally I like Paille too - he does a lot of little things very well at both ends of the ice.  The problem with moving him up to the 3rd line is they would then have to move Pouliot to the 4th line with Campbell and Thornton...Campbell's good but not good enough to cover for two guys' mistakes.  Pouliot and Thornton should never be on the ice together unless the other 16 players are in the penalty box.
    Posted by hangnail

I agree but it isn't a knock against Thornton.Every team needs a guy like Thornton .For his role on the team I can't think of anybody else I would rather  have.He hustles,he hits and gives his  all[I know his skill is limited]. Paille is very valuable to the team although it never usually shows up on the scoresheet.He can skate with almost anybody in the league .

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

The only problem I had was with Boychuk on the first goal. I would have rather seen him wrap the puck around the boards instead of the wrister towards the goalie. The rebound led to the breakout. Is it just me or does McQuaid look a lot faster than Boychuk this year?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

but the point streak continues.
    Posted by jerrynewyork

Right, the point streak - unbeaten in regulation continues.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

starter goaler wins game fore bruins.i told coach he stupid and this would happen.be back after changing dirty diaper i was so scared in shootout and as everyone could tell i stunk
    Posted by tukka-fall

reading ur posts iz pane full like watching u pop ur zits

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to No Shame In Ending The Streak Like That : 4 lines going.  6 d playing solid and two #1 goalies.  Life is good.  On a side note.  My man crush for Datsyuk is big. 
    Posted by shuperman

Shupe, I suspect your pants got tighter as you watched the game........

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: No Shame In Ending The Streak Like That : I've said this before, the only reason the Bruins raised the cup last year is because they were the only team in league history to win a Cup 0-0.
    Posted by bim09

Does it sound better in your head each time you say it? It seems more foolish each time I read it. The Bruins scored 81 playoff goals while giving up only 53. That sounds like the exact same formula from the regular season. By comparison, Vancouver (another juggernaut you claimed wouldn't be beat) scored 58 goals and gave up 69. Speaking of foolish analogies, where did you come up with the "Win a Cup 0-0" one again? It certainly isn't even loosely based on fact.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Great game to watch. Stuke, IMO Claude made a mistake in not replacing Pouliot with Caron. It's only my opinion, but Caron plays a solid game by constantly being in the right place to complement his linemates. Pouliot doesn't, and stumbles as well as mis handling, or never corralling the puck. In addition, using Campbell to strengthen Kelly's line in the 3rd period, as he has done, should have been done. Eithe Caron, Campbell, or Paille makes Kelly's line much more dangerous. Thornton played his best game, but that doesn't mean he should be on the ice with 3 minutes to go.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Start another 10-game streak today.  And call what they've got now a old-school 11 game unbeaten streak.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: No Shame In Ending The Streak Like That : Shupe, I suspect your pants got tighter as you watched the game........
    Posted by dezaruchi

Must be the pleats.  I will walk it off.  DON'T ACT LIKE YOU'RE NOT IMPRESSED!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Streaking in November can be amusing but if you take it too seriously, it can have some adverse effects.

Ten wins is twenty points whether they're in a row or not.  Take it and run.  Worry about consecutive wins in April, May, June.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: No Shame In Ending The Streak Like That : Must be the pleats.  I will walk it off.  DON'T ACT LIKE YOU'RE NOT IMPRESSED!
    Posted by shuperman

Awesome response spit my coffee up!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from anddebbv. Show anddebbv's posts

the boys played like a team ,it was anybodys game we salute the bruins for showing up an playing there game bring on the jets woo hoo stanley cup all the way to the bank , an stop picking on kreichi he will have his turn soon , ever wonder if hes playing hurt

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: No Shame In Ending The Streak Like That : Must be the pleats.  I will walk it off.  DON'T ACT LIKE YOU'RE NOT IMPRESSED!
    Posted by shuperman

I hope you mean "impressed" by Datstuk........

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: No Shame In Ending The Streak Like That : I hope you mean "impressed" by Datstuk........
    Posted by dezaruchi

Haha

Datsyuk is simply amazing.  Gets hammered by Chara, loses his helmet and takes a run at him 30 seconds later.  The skill that man has is simply amazing.  I literally was screaming at the TV "HOW!?!"  A pure pleasure to watch.  How did so many teams miss this over and over during his draft year.  He will be their new captain when Nic goes. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

The Red Wings are sublime in their passing and puck skills, and Datsyuk is the best among the very good. But does anyone else find the team a bit boring to watch? I find they play hockey like soccer. I LOVE soccer and it's my other love besides hockey, but I don't like it when hockey is played too much like footy. At least not as a spectator. I find the more aggressive Bruins much more entertaining.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

The Red Wings are sublime in their passing and puck skills, and Datsyuk is the best among the very good. But does anyone else find the team a bit boring to watch? I find they play hockey like soccer. I LOVE soccer and it's my other love besides hockey, but I don't like it when hockey is played too much like footy. At least not as a spectator. I find the more aggressive Bruins much more entertaining.
    Posted by OatesCam

I have to agree with the soccer analogie as although some of the Redwings are highly skilled, they are otherwise quite bland to watch. If all you watch hockey for is slick passing, they are your team. Myself, i prefer the B's style of play, skilled, agressive, tough and physical. I will say though that i would take Datsyuk over Sid, the guy is unbelievable.By the way, i LOVE soccer also. Can't wait till the Euro 2012.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Posted by OatesCam

Oates, I can see your point. Detroit plays a system based on the counter-attack. It's similar to Boston yet obviously not as physical. Boston's puck pursuit was outstanding yesterday. They even forced a couple of bad plays out of Lidstrom and that's saying something.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts