No Smack. Just wanted to say that I completely enjoyed that game either way. Good old time hockey

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

No Smack. Just wanted to say that I completely enjoyed that game either way. Good old time hockey

Great hits on both sides.  Some lucky bounces, some great saves, a good scrap, jacked up crowd.......you have to like that game.

Some thoughts;
    1. Marchand looks and plays like a rat, but boy the kid can play.  That is one diamond in the rough for the Bruins.  Nice SH goal and terrific speed.  He looked dangerous all night long
    2. That penalty shot call in the OT was bogus.  Glad it didn't decide the game (pretty lame attempt by Grabo "I am thinking slap shot, then I change mind....perhaps i should have taken slap shot.....I don't know even why they gave me shot.   I wanted Phil to take it but they told me it had to be me"
    3. Schenn was a rock out there
    4. Kadri had a real nice game...went hard to the net and a nice shootout goal
    5. Chara didn't play his usual 40 minutes.  I'm thinking they are resting him, which is probably a good move and lucky for us
    6.Exactly why wasn't Krecji on the PP in the OT?  Best playmaker on the team and he's on the bench.  Come to think of it I don't really understand the selection for SO for the Bruins outside of Seguin.  If Brent doesn't block 2 shots, Chara probably wins in OT, though
    7.Horton was pretty much invisible this game. If it just me or is he the ugliest guy you've ever seen?
    8.I really like the speed on the Bruins 3rd line (Peverley, Kelly and Seguin)
    9. Lupul was a great pick up.  Finishes checks, has a great shot.  Now if we can find a center between him and Kessel, we're in business
    10. Thomas was good again tonight.  Reimer wasn't as sharp as he has been, but he kept them in after the 3rd goal
    11. Phaneuf was pretty solid, but whomever came up with Robo Cop was dead on.  He looks like he's got two sets of pads on.......too funny
    12. Bergeron had on off game....

Bruins are pretty solid and they were probably not at their best, which kind of surprised me given the Leafs have beaten them the last couple of games.  They should have a good shot this year.  The only way it goes sour is if CJ continues to make suspect moves on the ice at the wrong times.  Put your best players on when you need to score....end of discussion.  Ryder?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: No Smack. Just wanted to say that I completely enjoyed that game either way. Good old time hockey

Reimer is a keeper LRH positionaly sound from what I've seen so far.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: No Smack. Just wanted to say that I completely enjoyed that game either way. Good old time hockey

I agree. This was a playoff type game where the B's, despite playing for nothing at this point, matched the intensity of a do-or-die TO team that is playing for their playoff lives. Great game. Kudos for the B's matching the Buds in intensity. Bodes well for the real playoffs coming up....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

I had a problem with the way the Bruins stopped moving their feet for large portions of the first and third periods.  They played like they had run a half marathon this morning.  Kudos to the Maple Leafs for playing hard all game.

I didn't have a problem with the penalty shot call.  Kampfer almost knocked Grabovski's helmet off with a high stick, which prevented him from getting off a good shot. 

LRH, I feel bad for Leafs fans like you.  Once again, the Leafs fall way behind in the first half of the season and go on an impressive run in the second half, only to fall short.  How many seasons in a row have they done this?  They disappoint their fans, then get their hopes up before letting them down again.  That has to be frustrating.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

In Response to Re: No Smack. Just wanted to say that I completely enjoyed that game either way. Good old time hockey:
    [QUOTE]I had a problem with the way the Bruins stopped moving their feet for large portions of the first and third periods.  They played like they had run a half marathon this morning.  Kudos to the Maple Leafs for playing hard all game. I didn't have a problem with the penalty shot call.  Kampfer almost knocked Grabovski's helmet off with a high stick, which prevented him from getting off a good shot.  LRH, I feel bad for Leafs fans like you.  Once again, the Leafs fall way behind in the first half of the season and go on an impressive run in the second half, only to fall short.  How many seasons in a row have they done this?  They disappoint their fans, then get their hopes up before letting them down again.  That has to be frustrating.
    Posted by Mutant211[/QUOTE]
    Definitely.  Worst part is that goaltending has been the achilles heel.  Last year it cost us in the Lottery pick sweepstakes that got you Seguin and this year it cost us way too many games until Reimer came up.  The team itself has been decent most games.

Ironically, goaltending depth is much better in the Leafs now with solid prospects in the minors as well.

Bodes well for the future, but we need a big centerman and at least another strong winger.  Defense looks pretty good........always next year....LOL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I thought is was a good game as well. 

I always have a soft spot for the Leafs.  But with Phaneuf/Komi and Kessel.  Its hard for me to root for them.  Boyce a fellow UNB alumni Varisty Red makes up for it some.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The beginning of the first wasn't much fun, but then it was great.  I bet the people in the stands were dying for a Seguin goal to start the chant.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

I don't think Horton had a bad game but it wasn't one of his better ones. He made some nice passes out there (Especially the one he assisted on). He was too busy thinking about Robocop though trying to crush him I think.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

And p.s. Horton is all lips which is weird.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In Response to Re: No Smack. Just wanted to say that I completely enjoyed that game either way. Good old time hockey:
    [QUOTE]I thought is was a good game as well.  I always have a soft spot for the Leafs.  But with Phaneuf/Komi and Kessel.  Its hard for me to root for them.  Boyce a fellow UNB alumni Varisty Red makes up for it some.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

cant stand those guys either but i think clarke macarthur would be a perfect bruin. Good amount of skill and touch with alittle sandpaper in his game. i thought bruins were alittle flat in the 3rd and it cost them but it was a good game.

Sections
Shortcuts