no smoke without fire coming transaction

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucic27. Show lucic27's posts

no smoke without fire coming transaction

A reporter said that Calgary is ready to be exchanged Jarome Iglina at Boston for

Malcom Subban and Rich Pevereley.

What to you think ?

If PC decided to exchange it should put another player Caron style and add Curtis Glencoss

Lucic Kreci Horton

Marchand Bergeron iglina

Glencross  Kelly Séguin

Paillé Campbell Thorton

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Re: no smoke without fire coming transaction

In response to lucic27's comment:

A reporter said that Calgary is ready to be exchanged Jarome Iglina at Boston for

Malcom Subban and Rich Pevereley.

What to you think ?

If PC decided to exchange it should put another player Caron style and add Curtis Glencoss

Lucic Kreci Horton

Marchand Bergeron iglina

Glencross  Kelly Séguin

Paillé Campbell Thorton

while i love the thought of the trade, your potential lineup is horrid. kelly isn't healthy, and seguin is NOT going on the third line. That spot would probably be reserved for Horton. Horton is a very interesting player. I'm really curious as to the market for him next year. It wouldn't surprise me if he gets around 5 million from some team, but it also wouldn't surprise me if he had to take a pay cut and wound up staying with the bruins for 3 mill a year for 2 years. lastly, where is this report coming from? i haven't heard anything

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

I love the source "a reporter".

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

probably just yet another troll

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

The thought of having Iginla and possibly Glencross in Boston is great if the Bruins can pull this off but I live in Calgary and from the story I hear, what the Bruins are offering this will not happen.

Pev's and the goalie Subban and a prospet may get us Iggy but another roster player mainly a D man could help get Glencross with a 1st rounder if the Bruins think that 1st rounder can't help them in the future. These two players if we can get them can solve our 3rd line problems and help the PP if we can get Iggy.

With the Bruins getting any good players in past has failed this is one that could work if PC plays his cards right. Calgary  is not going to make the playoffs after their last loss and really don't have much in the bank as far as prospects, so this a possibilty.

The Bruins been have showing players and have some good players in P'B's I think they can afford to give like Spooner and some young D Calgary would be interested in.

There is a possibility of a block trade if the Bruins also like JBo and we would be off to the cup. This is wishfull thinking but if this happened the sky could be the limit and it could help both teams in their future, but like we all know things don't work that way in hockey anymore.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Caron for Glencross

LOL

Caron for the equipment bag of Glencross...maybe.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Now Chris Bourque for Glencross then we would have something to speculate about.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I would hate to see Subban go, I think the kid has enormous potential.  I see Subban, Hamilton and Seguin as the future of the team and the team I hope to be watching in my first retirement year in the next decade.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

[/QUOTE]

WHAT IGINLA FOR SUBBAN AND PEV ????   I WOULD CELEBRATING FOR A WHOLE WEEK

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

Not Subban, Khudo sure.  Sved can come up.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Glencross isnt going anywhere, hes got 2 more years at  2.5 m ,,it would take at least a 1st rd pick and spooner

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

Glencross isnt going anywhere, hes got 2 more years at  2.5 m ,,it would take at least a 1st rd pick and spooner

Exactly. Why in the world would Calgary trade a young 20 goalscorer on a cheap multiyear contract?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

I 2nd that .

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Forget about Iginla. he is not coming here, he's a UFA at the end of the year, and it would cost alot to get him. i can't see PC trading Subban for a guy who is closer to the end of his career and may not be here when the season ends. Then once he hits free agency, watch another team pay him for what he's done in Calgary. I just don't see it happening.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Kel, the real question is do you think this team is a contender and, if so, getting Iginla for a prospect as a rental will help them go all the way?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

Kel, the real question is do you think this team is a contender and, if so, getting Iginla for a prospect as a rental will help them go all the way?

Of course iginla would help them. But i think the price will be for more than a prospect, and if that prospect is Subban i'd sy no. at his age, and what he'd get on the open market, like i said before, you'd be paying him for what he has done, not what he's going to do.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Of course iginla would help them. But i think the price will be for more than a prospect, and if that prospect is Subban i'd sy no. at his age, and what he'd get on the open market, like i said before, you'd be paying him for what he has done, not what he's going to do.

Fair enough.

To play devil's advocate, however, what happens if by the time Subban becomes an NHLer the team is no longer a contender? If he even makes the NHL at all. Still not worth it? Why not sieze the moment while it is still here?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Interesting to hear Garrioch, one of the maroon squad on a lot of things, say that a lot of teams you think are in on Iginla I'd love are balking because they worry about his speed, whether he can adapt to demands to play faster, and the impression that age has landed on him quickly and hard. 

I'd love the Bruins to get the Iginla of 2004, but I have doubts about this year's version.  I think he could be a mistake - much more likely than that he's the missing piece.  I'd have a better feeling about what Cammelieri could do for the PP or Giordano for the D.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

I just saw that Glencross has more goals than anyone on the Bruins. Wow, had no idea.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Rask is young and appears to be set to be an above aveage goaltender for at least the next seven or eight years.

Subban will either get moved or ride the pine...if he's even good enough to make it in the NHL.  In the off chance he's better than Rask, Rask would be traded or let go, but that's many, many years off.

If Subban can be traded to return the final piece of a Cup team, see ya later.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:

I just saw that Glencross has more goals than anyone on the Bruins. Wow, had no idea.

That's because Glencross is a very good hockey player.  People here think that he's a third liner and can be had for the standard second round pick.

They're very wrong.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Yeah, I agree for the most part, Book....I am not part of the Ignila or bust crowd. There are plenty of other possibilities out there as well. I am, however, convinced that this is the year to beef up with rentals and take a run. So picks and prospects do not really concern me too much for the moment.

By the way, Stafford is a healthy scratch tonight for Buffalo....interesting.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Rask is young and appears to be set to be an above aveage goaltender for at least the next seven or eight years.

Subban will either get moved or ride the pine...if he's even good enough to make it in the NHL.  In the off chance he's better than Rask, Rask would be traded or let go, but that's many, many years off.

If Subban can be traded to return the final piece of a Cup team, see ya later.

Good points and people also need to remember that you usually have to give something good to get something good. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsfanforever. Show Bruinsfanforever's posts

Some kind of trade must be coming soon. Lucic and Horton have been cold as ice for the whole season.  Definitely need a top 6 forward and a solid defenseman.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

If the Bruins get Iginla (highly doubtful). as of right now I would go with a lineup of:

Marchand Bergeron Seguin

Spooner Krejci Iginla

Lucic Peverley Horton

Thornton Campbell Paille

lucic and horton need to wake up. 

Sections
Shortcuts