No spleen, but he does have heart

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

No spleen, but he does have heart

Got to give Hunwick that for going after Kane - who might have literally been able to kill him.

Hey, it's a pretty dismal day, got to find some kind of a bright spot.

Or at least have a laugh and ignore the trolls piling on.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: No spleen, but he does have heart

In Response to No spleen, but he does have heart:
    [QUOTE]Got to give Hunwick that for going after Kane - who might have literally been able to kill him. Hey, it's a pretty dismal day, got to find some kind of a bright spot. Or at least have a laugh and ignore the trolls piling on.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    I'll never say anything bad about Hunwick again.Showed a ton of toughness when the Bruins were needing something to get excited about.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I want Chara to go after Kane, who fights with a visor, now for ripping Hunwick's helmet off! Matt got some well deserved pats when he came back from the locker  room.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Pretty lackluster play considering the past few games were of the same kind.  Trade rumors/or demotions must be rattling the confidence!  Losing is one thing, losing most of the one on one battles is alarming.  The Bs play was simply embarrassing.  Hunwick was good on his skates during the fight, and he stayed with Kane.  If the team had the same courage the game would have been closer.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

You just have to aknowledge Hunwick for that fight.  That was a brave act.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lereve77. Show lereve77's posts

Hunwick showed some moxie against Kane. Good for him! This team better step up on Wednesday against Philly or they will get steamrolled. Lets hope for a full 60 minute effort. Go B's!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

Great fight for Hunwick, lots of heart in a small package.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rlprentiss. Show rlprentiss's posts

You have to give him a pat on the back for it. Just like last year when Wheeler got into his.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: No spleen, but he does have heart:
    [QUOTE]You just have to aknowledge Hunwick for that fight.  That was a brave act.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Why was it brave?   It's not like his life might have been in danger.  It was a hockey fight.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

NAS :

Taking on Evander "Holyfield" Kane is by definition a brave act.

Would you do it ?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

On the fight, I always shake my head when I listen to NESN commentators describe these events because they seem to live in a World where the sky isn't blue...

Kane owned Hunwick in that fight...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueEyedGuy. Show BlueEyedGuy's posts

One of the joys of having Center Ice is being able to hear the broadcasters of other teams and realizing just how awful Jack Edwards really is.  His play-by-play is OK, though a touch too bombastic (both positively and negatively) at times, but his aside commentary is downright terrible.   (He made a comment the other night about the possibility of trading Bergeron that was so ludicrous that I refused to have the volume on for the rest of the game any time I went back to NESN.)  He should just stop his comments about anything not directly play-by-play related.  The sad part is that a generation of Bruins fans will grow up listening to this guy and believing this is how hockey is to be called.  The only way to watch NESN broadcasts is with the sound off.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Dang !  I missed that. The kid has been doing well once it was determined not to mend him into the new Ray Bourque. What I mean is they put so much pressure on the kid to become that puck moving, offensive D that Bruins are begging to find ... it's not Hunwick.  Just have him play his game.
    Last night I missed the fight but when I read that Hunwick dropped his gloves with Evander the first thought that crossed my mind before being shocked was "OUCH" .  This is the same guy that knocked out Cooke with a hook last season. 
    RMiller if you continue on posting half decent comments like that ... I can read . Now don't go off the topic.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No spleen, but he does have heart : Why was it brave?   It's not like his life might have been in danger.  It was a hockey fight.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Would you go on the ice and throw with Kane? I think not.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

I'd rather see Hunwick take the body in his own end occasionally - it would be better than getting his face punched in for the team. That being said, glad to see him go for it , he deserves credit. I think the captain should have repaid someone for the beat-down his team mate had to take for the team though.
    What's that "C" for anyway? Good poke checks with reach ? must be -

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

why wasn't McQuaid in the lineup, with Hunwick up on the wing ??

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

why does everybody seem to think Kane's a bruiser ? he weighs 160 and his only claim to pugilistic fame is a one-time shot to Cooke last season.....

It's not like Hunwick was going with Ogie Oglethorpe or anthing.... He should've battled harder and not try for the pant tug mid-fight

let's get Wolfie in the lineup full time - his battle w/ Asham seemed to rally Bs to one of their best Ws of the season 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 54BLITZER. Show 54BLITZER's posts

ARGREED 100%!!! THUMBS UP FOR HUNWICK!!! THAT AND THORNTON'S FIGHT WERE THE ONLY GOOD THINGS ABOUT THE GAME LAST NIGHT!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No spleen, but he does have heart : Would you go on the ice and throw with Kane? I think not.
    Posted by WalkTheLine[/QUOTE]

I've been in plenty of hockey fights.  It isn't brave.  It's hockey.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FerenceONpoint. Show FerenceONpoint's posts

Kane's father was an amateur boxer, and named his son after Holyfield.  There is no doubt that the kid has spent a fair amount of time hanging around fight gyms.  I'm sure he learned how to throw a punch at a very young age.  The Matt Cooke knockout was no fluke.  He is a trained fighter, but doesn't throw down because he's a goal scorer first.

Hunwick came out of it with stitches over his eye.  He's lucky it wasn't a concussion.

Not-a-shot, fighting fat old dudes in a men's league does not equate to the damage that a first-class athlete in the NHL can inflict.  You're ignorant to say there's nothing to be afraid of.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I've been in some hockey fights too, and while that has limited application to the NHL, it takes courage to fight when you don't want to.  It's easy when you're looking for a fight, but when someone comes at you and you get called out whether you want to or not, it takes some bravery to actually get on with it.  I think everybody in the building knows Kane is tougher than Hunwick, and Hunwick could have backed down in that situation.

So I give Hunwick some props for going with Kane, even though he probably didn't want to.  He actually fought too instead of having a hug-fest or falling and beckoning in the refs.

I'm not much of a Hunwick fan, but good on him for taking the challenge.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

i remember them winning more with mcquaid in the lineup.

Sections
Shortcuts