No Surprise - Canucks Crying Over Lucic

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

No Surprise - Canucks Crying Over Lucic

Should any of us have expected to not hear from the Canucks on this issue? Burrows is claiming he now doesn't know whether he can hit goalies or not since Lucic wasn't suspended. I guess the rest of the league is confused about whether or not it's OK to bite people since Burrows wasn't suspended.......it's funny that Luongo was less concerned about it than Burrows.

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/hockey/canucks-hockey/Canucks+worry+Lucic+ruling+could+lead+open+season+goalies/5708811/story.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SomethingBrewin. Show SomethingBrewin's posts

Re: No Surprise - Canucks Crying Over Lucic

Screw the nucks and any other team who don't have the common sense to connect the dots on intent. That's what it's all about. Shanahan's ruling focused on intent.

It isn't open season on goalies, rules are in place and calls will be made in accrodance with them.

Burrows can go pump Lou.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

this is the difference between the bruins and most every other team in the league...when the b's players were being investigated for their misdoings(and their reactions to their guys being unjustly hit), they all chimed- it's a league matter- not our concern- we have to focus on winning the next game. heck ference even called out his own teammate after his bad hit. dez... you and i had it out after this happened? i was ok with it, you not so much. there's taking care of your business, like a professional, and there's whining and crying. I HATE CRYING AND WHINING FROM GROWN MEN. i don't like it from kids either, but at least you can blame it on their immaturity.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: No Surprise - Canucks Crying Over Lucic:
    [QUOTE]this is the difference between the bruins and most every other team in the league...when the b's players were being investigated for their misdoings(and their reactions to their guys being unjustly hit), they all chimed- it's a league matter- not our concern- we have to focus on winning the next game. heck ference even called out his own teammate after his bad hit. dez... you and i had it out after this happened? i was ok with it, you not so much. there's taking care of your business, like a professional, and there's whining and crying. I HATE CRYING AND WHINING FROM GROWN MEN. i don't like it from kids either, but at least you can blame it on their immaturity.  
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]
    ADK, I still question the reasoning of calling out your own player but you make a valid point. I can't think of a situation where the Bruins complained about a league decision regarding another team. Seriously though.......Burrows complaining about a lack of suspension.......unbelieveable nerve on the guy. Nerve must be what Burrows has instead of bravery.
    BTW, hope you had a good time in Albany.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Unbelievable from Burrows.  Any reporter would be extremely negligent in not following up to ask him if biting is legal in hockey.  I mean, it must be if you weren't suspended right Alex?  Isn't that the logic we're employing here? 

Bitterness is ugly, Alex.  Shut your mouth and play hockey.  Pun intended.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I'm confused.  When did it become standard practice to to talk to 3rd-party players about stuff like this?

Maybe they should start interviewing NBA players as well.  It's not like they have much else to do.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

And the Canucks just keep on going and going. They are like the energizer bunny except more annoying and more yellow than pink, although I think we can make exception and say that both colors would be fitting.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

This, I think, is part of the territory for the Champs, especially when the superficial story that was broadcast far and wide was that the Bruins bullied their way to the Cup and the League let them get away with it.  So, now, every time there's a Bruin involved in some kind of incident, they're going to ask every team that has any kind of history with the Big Bad.

I'd love them to ask former NBA players like Mahorn, Moses Malone, Bill Russell.  Love to hear those answers.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MD57MD. Show MD57MD's posts

Take a look

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/hedberg_and_brodeur_agree_with_decision_not_to_suspend_lucic/

From a Devils Fan

Go easy on us tonight

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Pot...meet Teakettle

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Since when did the opinion of an idiot who bit the finger of an opponent in the Stanley Cup Finals become relevant? He needs to shut up and go away.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

he wasn't suspended for biting, so I'm not sure wether I can do it or not. Worry about your declining overrated game Alex.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

hey vancouver your breath smells like second place soup!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Face it, Bruins fans.  You guys are on the wrong side of this one.  The NHL GMs are meeting, to try to strengthen up protection for goalies.  It's amazing how differently the shoe looks when it's on the other foot.  Last June, Aaron Rome was the devil himself for the blatant, dirty, cheap shot he took on Horton, and now, when Looch runs Miller, it's all Miller's fault.

Quit being such brutal homers and try to look at something objectively once in a while. I know some of you here are doing so, but you're in the minority.

The vast majority of commentators, fan polls, etc. are saying that they disagree with Shanny, and that Looch should have gotten something, anything supplemental (even a fine would have sent some message).  The way this is being interpreted is: "go ahead and run the goalie, you'll have to kill off 2 minutes, but that's the total price for taking out the other team's #1 goalie" -- and that's the WRONG message to be sending.  If you actually believe that Looch couldn't have pulled up and avoided the collision, then go ahead and keep drinking the kool-aid.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

When you say vast majority do you mean fans of teams who the Bruins beat last year and are jealous of them? I'll call out Bruins fans for being homers but I hate people who'll condemn one for being  a Bruin worse. Plenty to worry about their in vancouver without taking a bite out of this Lucic thing.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Face it, Bruins fans.  You guys are on the wrong side of this one.  The NHL GMs are meeting, to try to strengthen up protection for goalies.  It's amazing how differently the shoe looks when it's on the other foot.  Last June, Aaron Rome was the devil himself for the blatant, dirty, cheap shot he took on Horton, and now, when Looch runs Miller, it's all Miller's fault. Quit being such brutal homers and try to look at something objectively once in a while. I know some of you here are doing so, but you're in the minority. The vast majority of commentators, fan polls, etc. are saying that they disagree with Shanny, and that Looch should have gotten something, anything supplemental (even a fine would have sent some message).  The way this is being interpreted is: "go ahead and run the goalie, you'll have to kill off 2 minutes, but that's the total price for taking out the other team's #1 goalie" -- and that's the WRONG message to be sending.  If you actually believe that Looch couldn't have pulled up and avoided the collision, then go ahead and keep drinking the kool-aid.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]
    Really? Please provide a few links because I haven't seen this vast majority. As a matter of fact, there's a link on another thread in which Brodeur and Hedberg agree with the decision but why listen to the best goalie ever when Alex Burrows disagrees.....?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: No Surprise - Canucks Crying Over Lucic:[QUOTE]Pot...meet Teakettle Posted by seobrien[/QUOTE]

SE turned the corner and took it in for the win!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Surprise - Canucks Crying Over Lucic : Really? Please provide a few links because I haven't seen this vast majority. As a matter of fact, there's a link on another thread in which Brodeur and Hedberg agree with the decision but why listen to the best goalie ever when Alex Burrows disagrees.....?
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

In this story, SI's Stu Hackel cites the tsn.ca poll:

http://nhl-red-light.si.com/2011/11/15/shanahans-lucic-ruling-rings-hollow-to-many/?sct=nhl_t2_a4

In this one, Kerry Fraser says why he disagrees with Shanny:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=380468

This is the story about the NHL GMs:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=380505

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

TSN polls are 98% populated by Leaf and Shab fans - objectivity!

SI has a 30+ year anti-hockey campaign to maintain.

Fraser's interpretation is lame, lazy, and inconsistent with the way he called games.

What else you got?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

[QUOTE]TSN polls are 98% populated by Leaf and Shab fans - objectivity! SI has a 30+ year anti-hockey campaign to maintain. Fraser's interpretation is lame, lazy, and inconsistent with the way he called games. What else you got?
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

100% correct, Book. I LOVE going on TSN and seeing all the thinly veiled comments that are anti-Bruins. When "leafs4eva" disagrees with the ruling because of the non-existent Greg/Colin Campbell connection, you just have to sit back and laugh.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

In Response to No Surprise - Canucks Crying Over Lucic:
    [QUOTE]Should any of us have expected to not hear from the Canucks on this issue? Burrows is claiming he now doesn't know whether he can hit goalies or not since Lucic wasn't suspended. I guess the rest of the league is confused about whether or not it's OK to bite people since Burrows wasn't suspended.......it's funny that Luongo was less concerned about it than Burrows. http://www.theprovince.com/sports/hockey/canucks-hockey/Canucks+worry+Lucic+ruling+could+lead+open+season+goalies/5708811/story.html

And lets not forget about this famous CANUCK incident......

"In March 2004, Bertuzzi became infamous for his on-ice attack against Colorado Avalanche forward Steve Moore, punching him from behind in retaliation for an earlier hit by Moore against Bertuzzi's teammate Markus Näslund. He was suspended indefinitely by both the NHL and the International Ice Hockey Federation (IIHF), but was reinstated in August 2006. Bertuzzi was conditionally discharged in a British Columbia court and was sued by Moore in both Colorado and Ontario. Moore was forced to retire because of the injuries sustained in the on-ice attack"

Oooohhhh how quickly they forget.  Whats that saying about glass houses and throwing rocks????  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

NHL GMs are a bit livid over the ruling.  Yet, Book is correct for where was the cry on the Cole hit?  North, protect the goalies... at what point does a goalie have protection when he is racing for the puck?  Or when he covers the puck to freeze play?  The NHL will debate that issue before you can revel over the Bs fans being homers!  Reality!  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In Response to No Surprise - Canucks Crying Over Lucic:
    [QUOTE]Should any of us have expected to not hear from the Canucks on this issue? Burrows is claiming he now doesn't know whether he can hit goalies or not since Lucic wasn't suspended. I guess the rest of the league is confused about whether or not it's OK to bite people since Burrows wasn't suspended.......it's funny that Luongo was less concerned about it than Burrows. http://www.theprovince.com/sports/hockey/canucks-hockey/Canucks+worry+Lucic+ruling+could+lead+open+season+goalies/5708811/story.html

Yes Alex -- you mad muncher -- its ok to hit the next goalie you see. Hopefully it will be Luongo at the morning skate.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

[QUOTE]Face it, Bruins fans.  You guys are on the wrong side of this one.  The NHL GMs are meeting, to try to strengthen up protection for goalies.  It's amazing how differently the shoe looks when it's on the other foot.  Last June, Aaron Rome was the devil himself for the blatant, dirty, cheap shot he took on Horton, and now, when Looch runs Miller, it's all Miller's fault. Quit being such brutal homers and try to look at something objectively once in a while. I know some of you here are doing so, but you're in the minority. The vast majority of commentators, fan polls, etc. are saying that they disagree with Shanny, and that Looch should have gotten something, anything supplemental (even a fine would have sent some message).  The way this is being interpreted is: "go ahead and run the goalie, you'll have to kill off 2 minutes, but that's the total price for taking out the other team's #1 goalie" -- and that's the WRONG message to be sending.  If you actually believe that Looch couldn't have pulled up and avoided the collision, then go ahead and keep drinking the kool-aid.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

Your still cheering for a team that is totally despised outside of Vancouver, so you can stop with the kool-aid remarks, because your drinking your own version.
    I was on record last year, before the finals, saying how great it was to have the bruins playing Vancouver, because they were my favourite Western Conference team. It took me 3 games to completely turn agains them, because of all their bush-league antics.
    Your on a Bruin website, complaining about an incident that was deemed by the NHL league office, as NOT deserving a suspension, and you think were the ones with a problem?
    I think the COLE incident was MUCH worse than any transgression by LUCIC, but that could be the kool-aid talking.
    Would it have made LUCIC look better, if he had dove out of the way (hopefully not tearing a knee ligament), and been caught completely behind the play, if MILLER had sent the puck up to one of his players, for an odd-man rush.
    When MILLER made the decision to put himself in harm's way, he should of realized there could be a collision, and accepted the consequences.
    Instead of putting on his big-boy pants, he chose to wear his panties, and cry like a little girl.
    If MILLER had missed the puck, he would have been guilty of interference. Now, that would have been funny.

Sections
Shortcuts