No Surprise - Canucks Crying Over Lucic

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Re: No Surprise - Canucks Crying Over Lucic

In Response to Re: No Surprise - Canucks Crying Over Lucic:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Surprise - Canucks Crying Over Lucic : Really............3 hours to come up with a reply and this is it? You mention Lucic specifically as having "done nothing" after the hit. Another in a long line of stupid statements made by our resident millionaire philanthropist. Amazing you can find time to post between NASA missions. Lucic is carrying the puck well ahead of the play. By the time the play is blown dead, he looks back to see his good friend and teammate in serious trouble on the ice. With medical staff coming onto the ice, your suggestion is that Lucic should've chased Rome to the penalty box? Keep the dumb comments coming. It only reaffirms what most of us already know.......you just say stuff without putting any thought into it. I mean it's either that or you really are stupid and that would fly in the face of how smart you constantly try to portray yourself to be. It's great you can fool yourself because you're fooling no one else here.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
    Dez, one thing that bothers me is this. I called this guy out for exactly what he was back in June. And a lot of you told me he was fine. So I bit the bullet & told him a fresh start. Then I had to listen to this guy's banter & whining & his typical Canuck fan anti-bruin attitude. NOW everybody jumps on him! Which is all well & good & great, but next time I will stick with my gut instinct. And....gulp side with......with.....that NAAAA...SS fella!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Surprise - Canucks Crying Over Lucic : Dez, one thing that bothers me is this. I called this guy out for exactly what he was back in June. And a lot of you told me he was fine. So I bit the bullet & told him a fresh start. Then I had to listen to this guy's banter & whining & his typical Canuck fan anti-bruin attitude. NOW everybody jumps on him! Which is all well & good & great, but next time I will stick with my gut instinct. And....gulp side with......with.....that NAAAA...SS fella!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]
    Hey Nite, you won't find anywhere that I said he deserved any breaks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Surprise - Canucks Crying Over Lucic : Hey Nite, you won't find anywhere that I said he deserved any breaks.
    Sorry, I didn't mean "you" in a literial sense. Btw- Did you happen to play hockey with a goalie whose last name was Turple?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Surprise - Canucks Crying Over Lucic : Sorry, I didn't mean "you" in a literial sense. Btw- Did you happen to play hockey with a goalie whose last name was Turple?
    No memory of it if I did. Do you post at Pro Sports Daily by chance? There's a poster there that says he's a goalie that's also a maritimer. He uses TT for his avatar and openly admits he likes to stir the pot. I thought damn, that could be Nitemare,

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Surprise - Canucks Crying Over Lucic : No memory of it if I did. Do you post at Pro Sports Daily by chance? There's a poster there that says he's a goalie that's also a maritimer. He uses TT for his avatar and openly admits he likes to stir the pot. I thought damn, that could be Nitemare,
    LOL! Nope not me. Never been to that site! Probably that other nut bar Kelvana! Laughing

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Wow, I'm agreeing with Riding here. Lucic played the puck, there should not have been a penalty. Most disagree whatever. I'm the one who thought the Rome hit was a penalty and nothing more.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Surprise - Canucks Crying Over Lucic : LOL! Nope not me. Never been to that site! Probably that other nut bar Kelvana!
    He might be a little nutty but Kel isn't Maritime crazy like us..........or is he....?
    BTW, you should check out Pro Sports Daily. It provides links to stories in all 4 major sports from basically every news source in North America. Really easy to navigate too.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Surprise - Canucks Crying Over Lucic : He might be a little nutty but Kel isn't Maritime crazy like us..........or is he....? BTW, you should check out Pro Sports Daily. It provides links to stories in all 4 major sports from basically every news source in North America. Really easy to navigate too.

I'm well past maritime crazy. Whatever that is.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Surprise - Canucks Crying Over Lucic : I provide a contrary opinion, because many times, that's what this forum needs.  You say that there is often disagreement on this forum -- sure, when you guys are deciding who to trade away -- but rarely on the big picture, league-wide hockey items.  I am an independent, critical thinker.  Why would I come here, otherwise.  You guys know I'm not here to pump the Bruins' tires. You guys won the Cup, fercrissakes!  I'm here to provoke thought and discussion.  What would have happened last June if Burrows had stuck his finger in Marchand's mouth? You don't think he would have bit down?? You say that Rome's hit was "dirty", but Chara's on Patches was "a hockey play"? Think objectively!
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

that's how the league ruled those plays.  are you saying the league isn't objective?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

49, that's weak cheese.  I thought you might respond to the differences between the hits that were noted.

But since you ask about Rome:

Several Bruins talked after the game about not even seeing the hit.  Lucic in particular said he never saw the hit on the ice (probably because it was so late).  What I saw was confusion, players checking on Horton, and Rome promptly leaving the ice.  Nothing in common with Lucic's hit on Miller, which everyone saw.

Further, Rome never played again due to the suspension.

Further, the Stanley Cup finals is rarely a good time to jump a guy and even the score.  An early season regular season game is better for that.

Are you arguing that the Bruins don't stick up for eachother?  You'd have a point if you rewind back to the Matt Cooke hit.  Hopefully things have changed.  I think they have.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Surprise - Canucks Crying Over Lucic : You posted the rule and I read it and know the rule. The rule specifically mentions it's the refs discretion. I get it. In their mind, they were trying to squash a tension filled rink due to the hit, with a "charging" call. Charging is when you come from a distance and run someone without the puck. That's charging. This was a bang/bang play with a goalie racing out his net, his momentum moving forward at a 180 degree angle from a 6'4 N/S skakter trying to beat him to the puck.  It's an aberration example in the game of hockey. It's not like this happens in every game every night. It's why goalies don't do what Miller did. Just curious, how old are you? You apparently have this idea that goalies can't be touched at all. The last two people in the NHL I expect to be agile and stop on a dime in that situation, would be a goalie and a guy who, quite frankly, isn't a good skater (Lucic). Face it, a power forward like that plays one way because he has to. I saw Lucic actually let up a bit at the end, but he didn't make an effort to stop or sort of dance to the side to jump out of the way. That's not really a penalty. He did follow through on the hit, but it was too late to pretend like he could have done anything else.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Goalies cannot be touched unless they initiate the contact or it is deemed incidental contact. Thats the rule, I'm 36 played net for 30 years been to many a goalie camps and help run one. The more i look at this the more  I favor Lucic could have avoided him. Look at the video, Miller wins the race to the puck and actually plays it. He is at the dot of the face off circle. At this time Milan is at the top of the circle, feet not moving and clearly bracing to hit him. Miller actually has tiime to get upright to prepare for the hit. Clearly, Miller has played the puck and is prevented from returning to his crease and Lucic had time and space to avoid him but chose to make contact. It's clear as day in the video I've provided and in the rule I've provided. Ref deemed it was not incidental and issued a minor penalty. The right call. He could have called goaltender interference, but he chose charging. Why I have no idea, but the fact that Lucic got a minor was the right call. refs discretion. Sometimes they call an elbow a roughing and vise versa. But Lucic did come from a distance, and Miller did not have the puck at the time, perhaps thats why he did it. Rule does not state what minor should be called just syas the approprate penalty should be. Ref thought this was appropriate. Either way, the rule is clear, Miller was prevented from retunring to his crease by a player who could have avoided contact.

Be sure, that if this was Tim Thomas views and opinions in this forum would be much different, however the rule does not change. That is a fact.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TERA-GY2K1o
    69.4 Contact outside the goal crease.

A goalkeeper is not “fair game” just because he is outside the goal crease. The appropriate penalty should be assessed in every case where an attacking player makes unnecessary contact with the goalkeeper. However, incidental contact will be permitted when the goalkeeper is in the act of playing the puck outside his goal crease provided the attacking player has made a reasonable effort to avoid such unnecessary contact.

When a goalkeeper has played the puck outside of his crease and is then prevented from returning to his crease area due to the deliberate actions of an attacking player, such player may be penalized for goalkeeper interference. Similarly, the goalkeeper may be penalized, if by his actions outside of his crease he deliberately interferes with an attacking player who is attempting to play the puck or an opponent

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Surprise - Canucks Crying Over Lucic : Goalies cannot be touched unless they initiate the contact or it is deemed incidental contact. Thats the rule, I'm 36 played net for 30 years been to many a goalie camps and help run one. The more i look at this the more  I favor Lucic could have avoided him. Look at the video, Miller wins the race to the puck and actually plays it. He is at the dot of the face off circle. At this time Milan is at the top of the circle, feet not moving and clearly bracing to hit him. Miller actually has tiime to get upright to prepare for the hit. Clearly, Miller has played the puck and is prevented from returning to his crease and Lucic had time and space to avoid him but chose to make contact. It's clear as day in the video I've provided and in the rule I've provided. Ref deemed it was not incidental and issued a minor penalty. The right call. He could have called goaltender interference, but he chose charging. Why I have no idea, but the fact that Lucic got a minor was the right call. refs discretion. Sometimes they call an elbow a roughing and vise versa. But Lucic did come from a distance, and Miller did not have the puck at the time, perhaps thats why he did it. Rule does not state what minor should be called just syas the approprate penalty should be. Ref thought this was appropriate. Either way, the rule is clear, Miller was prevented from retunring to his crease by a player who could have avoided contact. Be sure, that if this was Tim Thomas views and opinions in this forum would be much different, however the rule does not change. That is a fact. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TERA-GY2K1o 69.4 Contact outside the goal crease. A goalkeeper is not “fair game” just because he is outside the goal crease. The appropriate penalty should be assessed in every case where an attacking player makes unnecessary contact with the goalkeeper. However, incidental contact will be permitted when the goalkeeper is in the act of playing the puck outside his goal crease provided the attacking player has made a reasonable effort to avoid such unnecessary contact. When a goalkeeper has played the puck outside of his crease and is then prevented from returning to his crease area due to the deliberate actions of an attacking player, such player may be penalized for goalkeeper interference. Similarly, the goalkeeper may be penalized, if by his actions outside of his crease he deliberately interferes with an attacking player who is attempting to play the puck or an opponent
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
    That was my assessment from the beginning Kel. I think King is way off on this. I wanted Lucic suspended only to protect the rest of the B's especially the goalie's. NOBODY on the Sabers can handle Looch in a fight. So, that means Ruff & Kaleta will be waiting for the "right moment". If Shanny would've given Looch a 2 gamer, it would've shown that. 1. It ABSOLUTELY without a doubt that goalie's are not fair game. 2. It possibily could have pacified the Sabers enough to just stick to playing hockey instead of head hunting. I don't want & the Bruins don't need Bergeron concussed again!

However; I think that Shanny was more worried about making a "statement" to Ruff & Reigher then to the players hitting goalie's. He wanted to show he won't be bullied or backed into a corner by anybody! I also feel that the Sabers are now more PO'd at themselves- for running their mouth off, for not responding at the moment, at Lucic for hurting their meal ticket, at Shannahan & any GM who went against them. There's a huge possibilty that their going to want to take this out on somebody! The team that caused this whole mess (thinking like the Sabers here) is in their building on the 23rd. They have one of the most loose cannon's in the league on their bench & a coach who lives by the eye for an eye rule! Lucic was dumb & I just hope an innocent Bruin doesn't get it for his stupidity!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Surprise - Canucks Crying Over Lucic : He might be a little nutty but Kel isn't Maritime crazy like us..........or is he....? BTW, you should check out Pro Sports Daily. It provides links to stories in all 4 major sports from basically every news source in North America. Really easy to navigate too.
    I just may do that. Thx Bro!! And Kel is a goalie dude. We're all f'd up to begin with! And I'm a little worse because I'm a goalie with Maritime blood.

BTW- tried to get into a Maritime bar in Fort Mac last nite? Bouncer said I couldn't get in because I needed a tie. So, I went to my car to look for 1. No luck! All I could find was a set of booster cables. Figured if I tied them in a bow around my neck the bouncer would be cool about it. So I walked up to him & said. "Can I come in now?" Bouncer says. "Sure you can, BUT DON'T START NOTHIN!"  Laughing

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Surprise - Canucks Crying Over Lucic : I just may do that. Thx Bro!! And Kel is a goalie dude. We're all f'd up to begin with! And I'm a little worse because I'm a goalie with Maritime blood. BTW- tried to get into a Maritime bar in Fort Mac last nite? Bouncer said I couldn't get in because I needed a tie. So, I went to my car to look for 1. No luck! All I could find was a set of booster cables. Figured if I tied them in a bow around my neck the bouncer would be cool about it. So I walked up to him & said. "Can I come in now?" Bouncer says. "Sure you can, BUT DON'T START NOTHIN!" 
    A tie is need in a Maritime bar? What's the world coming to? Great save though Nite!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Surprise - Canucks Crying Over Lucic : I just read KPD's column. I am not a big fan of his, but he's spot on with the analysis, IMO. It mirrors my take almost word for word. You read that?
    All the more reason to say you're wayyy offf! KPD? Really....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Surprise - Canucks Crying Over Lucic : A tie is need in a Maritime bar? What's the world coming to? Great save though Nite!
    I think the only way a tie would be needed;  is if the bartender only gave you a 20oz bottle instead of 40oz to choke him with! That joke I told you was a Jimmy Flynn special! lol

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Surprise - Canucks Crying Over Lucic : I just read KPD's column. I am not a big fan of his, but he's spot on with the analysis, IMO. It mirrors my take almost word for word. You read that?

I read the column. He makes valid points. . When goalies venture out the chances of contact greatly enhance. Just a fact. Does not make it legal though and thats why he got a two minute penalty. I said all along the two minute penalty was fine, and thats end of it as far as the league is concerned. But for Kerry Fraser and lindy Ruff to suggest it is now open season on goalies is stupid. It is one incident. It's as stupid as saying if goalies come out they should be fair game. Our equipment is meant to stop pucks not take checks, and when I say that i am mostly refering to our skate blades, big difference there.

Sections
Shortcuts