NO SUSPENSION FOR CHARA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

NO SUSPENSION FOR CHARA

Just reported on 98.5 that Chara will face NO suspension.  Let the crying in Montreal start NOW.  I must say im shocked that there is not even a 1 game suspension

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Re: NO SUSPENSION FOR CHARA

In Response to NO SUSPENSION FOR CHARA:
    Just reported on 98.5 that Chara will face NO suspension.  Let the crying in Montreal start NOW.  I must say im shocked that there is not even a 1 game suspension
    Posted by bostondynNASTY

Same. Let the tears flow like rivers up in quebec.

Get well soon Max.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

Lets see if ANYTHING happens on the 24th when these 2 teams play again at the GARDEN

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Trickling out that there will be no suspension. OMG Montreal is going to RIOT ! 
    KEEP YOUR CARS INDOOR TONIGHT MONTREAL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

If anything positive came out of this hit, and don't get me wrong I feel extremely sorry for Max and I wish him the best, it was no suspension and the Canadiens fans get what they all deserve.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: NO SUSPENSION FOR CHARA:
    Lets see if ANYTHING happens on the 24th when these 2 teams play again at the GARDEN
    Posted by bostondynNASTY

My tickets for the 24th just tripled in value.

Kidding aside ,  if the ruling in the game was a 5min major he should've gotten at least 1 game. 
    This league is cracked. Are they admitting it was the wrong call on the ice ?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

It's the right call. You suspend based on the act itself, and Chara's act (a garden-variety interference call that turned tragic when MaxPac hit the stantion) isn't worth more than what he got. 5 and the game misconduct definitely suffices.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

I think he specifically said it was the right call on the ice in his press conference

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In Response to Re: NO SUSPENSION FOR CHARA : . Are they admitting it was the wrong call on the ice ?
    Posted by BsLegion

I think they got Chara off the ice last night to keep control of the game.  And since it was 4-0, and a comeback was unlikely (not impossible, but surely unlikely) even with Chara in the lineup, keeping him in the locker room so all hell didn't break loose may have been the right call.

As is the no suspension.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

So I believe Chara should get a credit for the 5 minutes that should have been only a 2 minutes ...and the game misconduct ...so the NHL should either give him a credit for the 3 extra minutes he got and a cheque of a few thousands dollars for the game misconduct wich he didnt desserve

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Agree with the no suspension but thought the league would hand out 1-2 games at the least in order to scare players into being more careful around that area. They need to seriously pad that area (and the areas at the end of the benches)before someone loses a head.

Hate the Habs but really hope the kid is alright and can come back next season. 

If not for the glass there, I don't even think it would have been a penalty.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Im shocked simply because the clowns who run the league consistently fail to get these things right.  THIS TIME they got it right.  A 5 minute MAJOR for....interference????? and he was thrown out of the game.  That was the wrong call, but I believe now that the refs did it for Chara, the Bruins and their own safety.  SOMETHING had to have been discussed by the officials and league I would think.  I told my wife when it happened they were probably doing it to keep the Habs from trying to injure someone, and the fans from rioting...because we KNOW that would have happened.  Glad they got this one right.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TThomas30. Show TThomas30's posts

Be glad that they kicked Chara out. It would of been worse if the Canadiens tried to get revenge only to get beaten down by the Bruins again and have more than 1 Bruins' player face a possible suspension.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

This confirms my first instincts- it was a borderline interference call in the first place.

One thing i noticed was that he only pushed the Hab into the board while he was skating UP THE ICE, not into the boards. No intent, no suspension= happy B's.

Kinda shocking that C Campbell didn't insist on more given his apathy toward this team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

heard in canadiens locker room before the rematch:

"ok guys chara's a deadman, who's gonna go after him!?" (sound of crickets) and finally pouliot says "I'll fight Krejci again  ya! lets go boys!"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

To be honest, I wish they would have given him a couple of games. Now this is just going to go on and on.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Good call on the hit. While very unfortunate Max got hurt it was just a routine hockey play gone bad.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

Best of luck to Max. Obviously, his health is the most important thing here.

But as the NHL stated how can you prove intent? I believe they made the correct decision.

My concern now is Bergeron & Krejci better keep there head up next game against Montreal.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

heard in canadiens locker room before the rematch: "ok guys chara's a deadman, who's gonna go after him!?" (sound of crickets) and finally pouliot says "I'll fight Krejci again  ya! lets go boys!"
    Posted by Seabasshole

hahahaha. I can actually imagine thats exactly how it would work out.

"Guys we need a  big guy to take on Chara" "Lets have Gionta sit on Subbans Shoulders, then they'd be almost the same hieght as him!"

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Oh and to any canadiens fans who might want Gil to go after Chara as he is the only one up in smurfville even close to being in Chara's wieght class.

Dont forget this fight http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFrX-dLQ_pQ

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsGM24. Show BruinsGM24's posts

I thought Murphy did a great job explaining why there should be no suspension, and although the hit (and the result) were brutal, Chara really didn't do anything wrong except interfere with the guy in the wrong place at the wrong time.  Montreal fans will complain about how Chara should at least be responsible for where he makes hits on the ice (i.e. - in a dangerous area), but by the same merit, Pacioretty shouldn't have tried to squeeze through that opening with the stantion so close.  Quick play, bad judgment, but a good non-suspension for Chara.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Oh and to any canadiens fans who might want Gil to go after Chara as he is the only one up in smurfville even close to being in Chara's wieght class. Dont forget this fight http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFrX-dLQ_pQ
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey

That was a nasty one. I think the fight Gill will be remembered for, however, was when 5 foot 9 Rick Rypien beat him. I felt embarrassed for him.

By the way, is it me or does Chara break his hand almost every time he fights?...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from north1234. Show north1234's posts

well call me silly but not billy...the right ruling from nhl brass for once....maybe just maybe pacioretty can make a miraculous recovery now that  the verdict has been rendered...   let the crying begin in habnot land.....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

In Response to NO SUSPENSION FOR CHARA:
    Posted by bostondynNASTY

2 things:
    1. they will be crying yes, BUT THEY WON LAST NIGHT IDIOT
    2. if it were a Bruins players being hit, you'd cry too

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

For once they got it right.  Kudos to the league.  I have seen hundreds of guys get checked into the stancheon over the years, and several guys get injured that way.  I've never heard of a rule against it or a suspension for it.  Glad to see some consistency...

Sections
Shortcuts